Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Popcorn and jelly beans.

I love this! I'm just trying the find the words to describe it that don't make it sound gross.

Wet: Exactly what it says on the bottle. Red jelly beans on the top of the scent(I get red ones, specifically.) and popcorn at the base. It's a little bit buttery, but not nauseatingly so. It's mostly fresh hot popcorn.

Dry: As the two scents meld and it makes a cakey kind of scent. Fruity cake. It kind of reminds me of a simpler Hungry Ghost Moon.

In bottle: salty, buttery popcorn.

Wet on skin: still popcorn-dominant (and WOW is that a true scent -- it smells like there's some Orville Redenbacher in the microwave right now) but there's a touch of waxy sweetness coming through now as well.

Dry: Pretty much the same as above -- the jellybeans aren't very strong on me. This doesn't seem to be much of a morpher either.

This reminds me of a saltier, less-creamy version of Ivory Vulva.

i love that buttered popcorn smell. buttered popcorn jellybeans. i have buttered popcorn flavoured lipbalm. i have Shill from way back when and it is my gonna-watch-a-movie scent, whether we're going out or staying in.

i'm so confused by this one, though, because if i didn't know it was a fresh-from-the-Post box (well, it arrived a few days ago but i only opened it last night) i'd swear i'd put on Golletes.

i get more leftover-breakfast-cereal-milk (strawberry Crazy Cow, mostly. maybe a little of Honey Kix?) than Pop Secret. which is fine with me, i adore Golletes!

In the decant I got jelly beans and butter and it was so delicious. On the skin though from start to finish it is all butter all the time and not a trace of jelly beans in sight. I was so afraid the butter note would make me feel nauseous as they tend to do but this one doesn't, not really at least.

I like it but I wanted more of a jelly bean note once it was on the skin. Will be keeping my decant for sure though and see if aging helps.

Edited by Haltija

in the imp: buttered popcorn

wet: jelly belly buttered popcorn! It makes my mouth water it's so good ^_^

dry: stays the same as wet, just a little sweeter.

I think I'm in love! I've been trying to get my hands on Shill forever I think this will hold me over. so good

Salty buttery popcorn like in Shill and crushed sugar candy. I don't get a "jelly bean" impression but its definitely candy + popcorn. It's sweet, and salty, and if you ever wanted Shill to be more wearable, I'd give this a whirl.

In the decant: This really does smell like buttered popcorn with a bit of sweetness from the jellybean note.

Wet: The warm, buttery popcorn note dominates, but I can also smell the fruity sweetness of the jellybean note. I do get a bit of waxiness from the jellybean note, but not a lot of it. Sometimes the jellybean note, combined with the popcorn note, reminds me of Fruity Pebbles or Trix cereal, though.

Dry: The jellybean note is stronger during this phase, and the popcorn is less intense. It still reminds me somewhat of Trix cereal, though. A friend of mine thinks it smells like Flintstones vitamins. :P

Verdict: I like this, but I don't think I'd wear it enough to warrant a bottle. I'm definitely holding onto my decant, though!

I'm not really getting jellybeans from this, but you know what? That's okay. I bought this because I very much fancied having a popcorn blend around. I love eating popcorn and I adore the scent of it too.

Movie Night is the BEST popcorn perfume EVER.

The popcorn is all there - sweet and salty at the same time, fluffy and yellow, delicious and buttery and evocative of happy times in movie theatres or time spent cuddled up with my husband at home in front of a good film.

This is a seriously nice and foodie blend. It stays true on the skin and is happymaking due to the positive associations. I love this! <3

This is my holy grail popcorn scent! Why because it's pure delicious salty popcorn! Smells just like a movie theatre and I love that sooooo much! I've tried other popcorn scents but they were too light or too sweet this is a strong in your face salty popcorn. I don't really get any jellybean and that's ok because I feel like I just jumped in a bag of salty buttery pocorn and I want to live in there, lol. Funny thing is I don't even eat popcorn but I LOVE the smell of it so this is awesome! :wub2:

I'm also a huge movie nut so anything movie related is also a win! ;)

Buttery, salty popcorn and a little bit of sweet, fruity sugar from the jelly beans. I like popcorn and buttery scents, so I enjoy this one a lot ^_^

I did not read this as jellybean, I was getting more of a cherry lollipop scent. As it dried and the popcorn got stronger, I can definitely smell the mix of fruity flavored beans now. I think the popcorn and jelly bean scents are pretty even, one note doesn't seem to overtake the other in my case. 

Love this, definitely a great popcorn scent. And now I miss movie theaters :cry2: glad I've got this scent until I feel safe going back to one.