Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rum-flavored candies, caramel, pirate tobacco, sugar cane, and vanilla beans.

Wet: Rum candies and caramel ahoy!!! With the barest hints of tobacco poking through.

Dry: Lovely rum, tobacco, caramel, and vanilla. It is so nice. I am going to let this settle some more so I can decide whether to keep it but so far it is winner!!! :wub3: :wub2:

In bottle: pure caramel hard candy.

Wet on skin: now I get a hint of rum and vanilla, but it's still primarily caramel. VERY sweet and cloying -- hoping a little more of the tobacco comes out to cut through the syrup.

Dry: This mellows out a little bit but it's still pretty much candy. I like it a lot, but I have SO MANY scents that are similar to this so I was hoping it would be a little more complex or unique.

Caramel, tobacco, rum. This smells oddly masculine on me on the drydown.

On wet, it's more caramel and sweetness. The tobacco and rum start cutting through, and I swear I get like a tobacco musk fougere. This is definitely a foodie masculine male cologne sort of blend on me.

BPAL MEN REJOICE. If there was a foodie piratey blend you were after and are not afraid of the rum or some sweetness, come forth and embrace EN GARDE!

I'm not entirely sure why I got an imp of this, as I don't like caramel anything. I think because it all looked good except for that. I'm actually not getting a lot of caramel here, mostly the rum candies and a touch of tobacco. It's not bad, just a little too sweet and heavy on the rum candies. Foodies would probably like this one.

Edited by milo

Om nom nom nom. Omg this is so good. It's the same glorious caramel and rum from Red Lantern. It makes me so happy! It's much foodier than Red Lantern, and doesn't have that sexy edge, but it's still amazing and I'm so happy to have it! It will be great with Captain Lilith Hair Gloss I think.

En Garde smells like rum jelly beans on me—with a big dollop of caramel and a whiff of tobacco. It's really fun, but it might be just a touch too sweet for me...although every once in a while I get a craving for a candied scent, and this would definitely fit the bill!

Something in this turned oh so foul on me and it's saddening!

I like all the notes but apparently "caramel candies" turn to plastic on my skin, so awful. But in the decant it smells wonderful. Will keep it just to see if aging helps.

In the imp, this is the best butter rum jellybean salty-sweet gourmet candy shoppe delight. As soon as it starts to dry down, it turns towards cinnamon stick and dried rose petal potpourri that has been sitting in the bowl too long and has started to turn strange. WHY? Maybe I'm just being spared the temptation. I amp cinnamon, so maybe this is just a fluke....Pumpkin cheesecake cupcake went very cinnamon stick craft store too.

In the decant: Butter Rum Lifesavers come to mind. I can also smell the caramel.

Wet: Strong butter rum hard candy, followed by a smooth caramel note. Then, the vanilla note emerges. It's quite sweet, verging on almost too sweet for my liking, but then the tobacco note emerges and doesn't take long to gain strength.

Dry: Mostly tobacco, butter rum candy, and caramel. The combination of tobacco, candy, and caramel remind me of a less complex, kiddie version of Red Lantern. The vanilla is stronger now, adding to the candy-sweetness of the blend. I prefer this phase of the scent.

Verdict: I'm glad that there is tobacco in this... otherwise, it would have been too sweet for me! I don't need a bottle, but I'm glad that I was able to try it!

I am a sucker for caramel/rum/tobacco style notes and so this was an insta-buy.

To me, this is caramel candies and toffee lollipops. I get the rum but oddly enough it isn't all that boozy. Instead, it is creamy and sugary. The vanilla and tobacco are there too. Everything has married beautifully and the resulting blend is a true and moreish concoction that makes my mouth water.

The throw is incredible. It also lasts for hours and hours. I adore this stuff.

I wish that I were one of the people who got masculine/tobacco from this scent, because I love dark, earthy notes paired with sweetness. Unfortunately, though, I'm just getting all of the sweetness from En Garde. This actually smells a lot like Anne Beany to me (the Lilith blend with notes of rum, cheesecake, hardtack crust, rum ice cream and butterscotch topping). The rum note usually smells like a boozy butterscotch candy to me, and that's what I'm getting here, with an extra dose of creamy vanilla caramel. It's intensely sweet, but light and only lasts about two hours on my skin.

This started out sweet, caramely cookies/candy. I can see the distinction in the masculine drydown, though. I think Zankoku_zen nailed it, a foodie pirate blend is accurate!

Eta: Goes well with Pumpkin Spice Silkybat HG, IMO.

Edited by torikitty

Wet: individual note of tobacco, caramel, rum... Then fwahh something that does not blend them together well. It almost smells like B.O. but going through my spice rack (haha!) it's all-spice, and apparently I do not like smelling like it. 

Dry: all-spice has mellowed out and it's mixed with rum and dark tobacco, touch of caramel. I feel like the scent contradicts itself, on me at least-- it doesn't seem as blended or carried well by the base. Completely likely my skin chem, because I think I'm getting a hint of the dreaded plastic... 

Dry down: It ends with rum, coffee like tobacco, hint of vanilla beans... And not too plastic. I thought I would love this but the spice at the start is not for me.