Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Antoinette

Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails

Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails

Last year, Lilith helped us set up one of the maze rooms for her school’s Halloween party. Not only did she help prep prop guts, but during the event, she spent some time assisting us by hiding in front of a glass window and throwing eyeballs, dismembered rubber fingers, and entrails at passers-by.

I love my kid.

Sticky white glops of marshmallow and clotted cream with ropes of sinewy strawberry licorice whips and oozing pink jelly.

Yum! Yummy! Yum!

In the bottle: The very first thing I smelled upon opening my bottle was fluffy white marshmallows! Exactly what I wanted. Followed by creamy strawberry licorice. Very sweet candy scent.

Wet on skin: Strawberry licorice and pink jelly are flopping around out in front big time on my skin! The clotted cream wafts around in the background but while it's wet I can't quite find the marshmallow.

Dry down: The pinkness of the strawberry licorice and oozing jelly are still quite strong and have really great throw. The cream note helps tie them together and keep the blend from going overly sweet on me. The marshmallow starts to come out more and more.

Final dry down: After a few hours this really settled down into exactly what I wanted. The marshmallow becomes the main remaining note and it is quite glorious. The cream just adds to the delicious marshmallow, giving the whole scent a fluffy soft aura. The marshmallow is so authentic at this point. The pink notes have died down a lot but their sweetness remains. This final dry down is perfect to me.

The initial phases of this scent are pink sweet fluffy fun! The final dry phase is more marshmallow and cream on my skin and I absolutely love it. If you like sweet scents and/or marshmallow - try this one! Love it!

This is sweet, juicy strawberry yumminess! I've been loving the Lab's strawberry note as of late, and this does not disappoint! This is the strawberry found in Strawberry Moon '09- juicy but natural. On the full dry down, some of the marshmallow makes its appearance, but it doesn't turn this into a childish scent. It's sweet and playful, but can definitely be worn by grown ups!

This is primarily a marshmallow and cream scent on me. I do get a backdrop of fruity candy and jelly notes, but not the intense strawberry blast of Battle Fairy. I wore this to work yesterday and mostly kept smelling marshmallows, but by the end of the day was left with a lovely cream scent on my wrists. I'm anxious to see how this one ages! Try this if you like Marshmallow Poof, Plastic Pink Flamingo, or Youth's Disengagement.

This was the Lilith scent I was most excited about. Marshmallow has to be my absolute favourite perfume note of all time so if I see that Beth has included it in a blend, it always becomes an instant must-have for me. Marshmallow Poof is my all-time number one perfume because it is that pure, unadulterated sweet marshmallow perfection that I love.

But anyway, I'm not here to talk about that blend. I'm here to talk about Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails. Awesome perfume name or what? Guh.

So, in the bottle this is quite an intriguing little number. I get the clotted cream and pink jelly and there's a gummy-like fruitiness beneath it. Haribo-gummy-bears-fruity-wow.

Wet on my wrist we get a welcome rush of marshmallow. The vanilla sweetness and the powdery softness... oh yes, this is what Momma likes. As we're drying down, suddenly the strawberry licorice decides to make an appearance and wow, is it ever delicious. You should see the orgasmic faces I'm pulling whilst I'm huffing at this scent. I think I must look deranged right now, not that I give an eff. I am having to seriously force myself to NOT LICK MY WRIST. I want to. I want to sooo badly, but I won't.

I'll just inhale and... my eyes are rolling into the back of my head... exhale and... I'm inhaling again furiously and making googoo eyes at a 5ml bottle of perfume with an adorable label sticker... exhale and inhale... I'm freaking OUT over this blend. I want to propose to it. I want to elope with it. I think we may have found Marshmallow Poof's cheeky little sister. She's just as creamy, but she's bursting with pink gooey fruitiness and I can't even. I just can't cope with how seriously amazing this is.

I need to lay down.

I'm not a huge candy scent fan, more of a foodie, but something about this made me think I just had to have it, and I'm glad I do.

Wet, it's actually somewhat effervescent, like fizzy strawberry candy.

As it dries, it loses the fizziness, but gains some creaminess. I never do get the marshmallow, but it may become more prominent as it settles and ages (fresh from the mail yesterday). Either way, I really like this. Sweet strawberry candy, not fake on me at all. It's like nothing else I have in my collection, and I think I'll really like wearing it come summer.

This makes me feel like a kid again!

The first thing that comes to mind for me is that this smells exactly like jolly wranchers and licorice, maybe even kiwi strawberry koolaid. I'm not getting any creamy marshmallow, this is right up in your face sticky sweet candy.

Pink marshmallow candy. Definitely creamy, very sweet. The strawberry note here is definitely a "fake" candy strawberry, which isn't a criticism! This is a "pure sugar" type of scent, a dark pink, juicy, sticky scent.

While I like it, I have marshmallow perfumes I like better (Chewing Little Bits of String, Plastic Pink Flamingo). I actually think I would be more impressed with this if I hadn't just tried Battle Fairy, which has a similar strawberry candy vibe but a much stronger strawberry note that I prefer. But if you want sugar and marshmallow with your strawberry, this one would be the one for you.

Wet this is jammy strawberries and cream. The strawberries make me think of strawberry jelly. Sugary sticky gooey ones, not fresh juicy ones. As it dries, the marshmallow note makes itself known and becomes more of a main player. At the end, I was left with mainly marshmallow and a hint of strawberry jam. I never really got licorice from this, red or otherwise. Although I think it lent to the general sugary sense of the whole scent.

This one lasted almost a whole work day on me. I like it but have to have my sweet tooth on to wear it.

This is freaking delicious. I think I gained a couple pounds just breathing it in...

Lovely strawberry and sweetness.

From the decant, the candy scent was wonderful strawberry marshmallow goodness, but the minute it hit my skin, the licorice came out and amped like crazy. Ugh. Add licorice to my death notes. Maybe I can use this in a scent locket instead.

Right off, sweet, candy-like strawberry and a touch of cream. After a bit, waxy, fake, sweet strawberry, and no cream. At this point, this brings me back to my pre-teen years when bonne bell lip smackers were all the rage. This would be your standard strawberry lip smacker. Definitely not me, it's too fake and sweet smelling for my tastes. I do like the fleeting cream note, however, and would like to see it in something musky and less sweet.

Edited by milo

Sweet strawberry candy and a touch of vanilla marshmallow. This is sweet, sugary and kinda creamy.

Sadly, after 50 minutes my skin eats it right up, which means the throw was sort of non existent on me.

OMG, Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails is like a strawberry and cream gummy candy. :yum: This is definitely candy, there is no getting around the sweetness here, but it's so much fun and absolutely mouth-watering. I'll have to be in the right mood for this one, but I kind of love it and will tuck it away until the right mood comes around. There's something unabashedly playful and sweet about this that reminds me of the Monster Bait series...which makes me very happy.

Can't add much to the reviews other than ^^ yep^^. Very candy, sweet, and lasts most of the day. Contemplating a 2nd bottle! :evol:

In the decant: Strawberry licorice and compote (maybe that's the pink jelly), followed by the marshmallow and clotted cream notes.

Wet: Strawberry like whoa. Berry scents aren't usually my jam, so I'm hoping the marshmallow and clotted cream come out more. The cream note is present, but residing in the background. The strawberry note becomes more candy-like and less jam-like as it sits on my skin.

Dry: Mostly strawberry licorice, with some marshmallow goo and cream lingering in the background.

Verdict: I was hoping for more marshmallow and cream, but sadly, there is just too much strawberry in this one for me.

In the decant: marshmallowy strawberry!

On my skin: The strawberry is here, and it's sweet, but it's reminding me of powdered sugar or the sort of "chalkiness" that some candies have like (American) Smarties. A bit later it's making me think of the chewy texture of marshmallows - another "how does Beth do it?" moment. I'm not getting any sort of anisey licorice - this is more the Red Vines strawberry licorice. Also, the cream is not turning sour on me, yay!

Eventually, the strawberry part of the scent starts to fade and it's more just vanilla marshmallow, sweet and cuddly.

This is really good, but I think I have a slight preference for Battle Fairy in Training, where the strawberry note is stronger. However, this one may well be bottle-worthy as well.

Marshmallows and candy, just like the listed notes. The marshmallows in this are quite powdery, like big fluffy homemade ones dusted with confectioner's sugar. The strawberries are subtle but present, though they're definitely an artificial red dye #40 type.

This is actually quite a bit lighter than I expected, not nearly as cloying as it could be.

Strawberry licorice and the jelly are the strongest notes in this baby. I do get some marshmallow but it's very light in the mix. This is very much red and pink in scent colors. The throw isn't very strong but the sniff on my wrist is sooooo good and addicting. This is more candy like and I don't get much cream. Maybe with aging it will come out more. This is a super fun scent and so creepily adorable! Gooey fun! ;)

First sniff: Thick, gluggy strawberry. It’s like strawberry frosting almost. Not the best strawberry I’ve ever smelled, but I like it.

Wet on skin: I’m getting a little bit of licorice in here, and there’s a fluffy whipped cream note too. The strawberry is hidden underneath the licorice and whipped cream. I’m not sure if I like how the licorice is playing with the other notes. It’s not bad, but not really how I like my licorice scents.

Drydown: Strawberry cream and just a little bit of licorice. I don’t really know how I feel about this. The licorice is making the strawberry smell kind of fakey, but there’s cream and possibly a marshmallow note that are sweet and nice. After about half an hour, the licorice note fades away and I’m left with a soft strawberry mallow scent that’s a lot less sweet than I expected. I expect to get a lot of wear out of this in the spring.

Final thoughts: The strawberry licorice is really weird on me at first, but I love the rest of the notes in this. I really like scents like this, this isn’t extremely complex, but I love a good marshmallow note, and this is great!

In the bottle this is sweet candy strawberry and cream. Though the notes say clotted cream, it makes me think of strawberry sauce on vanilla ice cream. This is very definitely a red strawberry licorice, not a black anise licorice.

On my skin the strawberry candy is the strongest note, though the cream and marshmallow are present as well.

This is a sweet, fun, cheerful scent, silly and happy.

I’m so glad I bought a bottle of this. Candy scents don’t usually tempt me; I’m afraid they’ll be too sweet. Sticky Eyeballs isn’t. Because this isn’t my usual kind of blend, it fills a niche in my collection. I wear it when I want a simple, cheerful scent as a pick-me-up.

This is my holy grail of strawberry BPAL. The strawberry in it is certainly sweet, but it never goes musky, bitter or plastic on me. Just true, chewy fruity wafts of gorgeousness and UGH MARSHMALLOW GOOEY :bunnyluv: . I love it so much and wish I had MOAR~ hahaaa I only have one little bottle but watch me. I am always lurking for the sticky eyeballs and floppy entrails GRABBY HANDS MINE!!!!!

I was frimped a sniffie of this with a single delicious test inside. This is not my usual kind of scent, but I'm so delighted I got a chance to try it. It smells exactly the way you'd imagine from the description. Like marshmallow creme and strawberry jam. It's sweet and fluffy and I feel like I should be wearing a pink dress with a million ruffles, and maybe some black high-tops with fluorescent green laces.

What a fun scent! Out of all the candy scents I have tried from bpal, this one is the only one my skin that doesn't turn into something strange.

On my skin, it smells like strawberry candy. Very sugary. I don't get any marshmallow or jelly.

If you like candy scents, definitely try this! If you like strawberry but are not a foody fan, you probably won't enjoy this. It is very artificial strawberry candy smelling. I appreciate the fun scent but it isn't bottle worthy for me :)

I just found an aged bottle.  It's lovely, however not at ALL what I expected from the description or the reviews.

•  Marshmallow- like but NOT as in Stekk or Marshmallow Poof.
  • The strawberry has taken a hike, maybe due to aging.
  • Licorice remains, a very sweet anise scent.

My take away..Sugary Marshmallow & black licorice.

Editing to say I FOUND strawberry.  My nose must've been saturated when first tested.  

Edited by Fiam