Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

My Baby and a Baby Goat

My Baby and a Baby Goat

Look, I just wanted to make a scent for Lilith and this baby goat. Because it makes me happy and BECAUSE LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT THAT BABY GOAT.

Fuzzy baby goat musk, goat’s milk accord, wild rice flower, and a little bit of farmer’s market honey.

In The Bottle: Goat's milk for sure, sweetened with honey and rice flower. LOVE.
Wet On Skin: the goat milk is still the dominant note. Huzzah! This is really delicious and creamy.

Dry Down: I don't personally get any musk, but I'm not complaining, because the milk, honey and rice are just so wonderful together I can't even see how this scent could be improved upon.

In All: I ADORE this scent. It's so beautiful, just brimming with love and sweetness. I predict this to be the sleeper hit of this year's Lillith scents.

In the bottle - pure butter accord.

On - yep, here's the honey. Unfortunately, it's going a little dusty/dry, as honey notes sometimes will, on me. But maybe the goat's milk and rice flower will keep it in check?

Oh, yay, yes that seems to be what's happening. I'm getting something very sweet and creamy.

However - Chris says what he's getting from it is something burning. Like when a ballast burns out on a fluorescent light. Yikes!

This is an absolutely gorgeous milk and honey blend. The honey is so light and pretty, and it never goes into foody territory at all. I think this may be the rice flower that keeps everything so soft and lovely.

Lately, there has been a huge variation in smell between oils in my cleavage and oils on my wrists (usually they didn't differ too much). My cleavage smells like rice flower and honey, my wrists smell like honey with a hint of cream.

I am keeping this for spring and thinking of getting a backup. It's beautiful.

Edited by Klepz

In the bottle: Yup, buttery.

Wet on skin: Butter, but now creamier and with something almost grassy & crinkly... must be the rice flower.

Dry on skin: Ok some honey is finally beginning to emerge and I get the gentlest musk when I'm not sniffing my wrist, although it gets overwhelmed when I get closer. I would say this has a fair amount of throw. As it dries down, the honey and musk come out more and more. Thank goodness! Still, I'm not sure it's worth it to me to wait for the overwhelming buttery opening to pass. Once it dries down it is so reminiscent of a county fair, though, with animalic musk, sweet honey, and the rice flower even giving me a little hay. I don't think I will be ordering a bottle of this, but I look forward to seeing how the imp ages.

I don't know if I applied too much but this is getting a bit to heady for me atm. When first applied, I smelled something I remembered from Go To Sleep, Darlings. This is a pretty scent but something is going a bit too foody for me (and almost something burnt), like pastry/caramel/syrup, and the floral is a bit too much on me. :cry2: This is straight from the mailbox so will try it again in a week or so!

Edited by violetblue

Oh my... this is lovely. I was a little concerned about the baby goat musk and the goat's milk, but I had absolutely no reason to be. This is incredibly gentle, sweet, and creamy. Through all stages of wear, I mostly get a mild and milky honey scent. I don't specifically smell goat's milk, but I may be reading that note as a thick cream. The musk is very gentle and rounds off the scent, though I would not call this a musky scent. There is also a light papery-ness to this, which may be the rice flower. This very much reminds me of Self Portrait. :) I will absolutely be upgrading my half decant to a full bottle.

Mmm, this is yummy. Definitely very buttery and creamy with a soft hint of sweetness.

I dare say this kind of reminds me a little of Boo or Milk Moon because of that yummy creamy note. I'm not personally picking up on any musk but perhaps with longer wear time that will change. I still see myself enjoying this a lot. :)

I really like the rice flower note, but if there is too much sweetness in the blend, it kind of nauseates me Too bad that is the case here, it is much to sweet. This one sounded like a win, but it wasn't meant to be. I'm glad I didn't go straight to big bottle with this one. Castitas was the same, too much sweet in with the lovely rice flower.

Edited by milo

I'm generally terrified of milk/cream notes, as they have a tendency to go a bit off on my skin, but I'm relieved there's none of that here!

I'm surprised by how much I like this. It is a sweet, creamy scent, a little heavy and warm/fuzzy. It reminds me a little of Boo and a little of Arcana's Mme Lapin. It's actually something closer to a combination of the two: sweeter and more vanillic than Mme Lapin, but fuzzier and muskier than Boo.

I would never have tried this if I hadn't tested all of the Liliths, but I'm glad I did. Don't be afraid of the goat's milk accord, it's a very wearable creamy note. I personally don't find this scent overly sweet, but I love sugar/candy scents so there are very few scents that are too sweet for me! Definitely keeping my decant, maybe seeking out a bit more.

I love this so much, oh my goodness!

It is creamy, sweet and oh so warm and fuzzy from start to finish. I get a ton of honey when it's wet but when it's dry the goat's milk and musk make their appearance and the milk doesn't turn sour and nothing goes into plastic territory. This is such a cute scent and it really captures the feeling of happiness, comfort and warmth.

I think I will require a bottle of this one for sure. It makes me so happy (:

Edited by Haltija

My Baby and a Baby Goat is a beautiful skin scent on me. It's soft and sorta fuzzy, a kind of buttery, nutty, creamy, dollop-of-sweet note; almond without the cherry bite, fresh cream without the saltiness, honey without the strong herbal head it sometimes gets. In fact, it blends so seamlessly with my skin that I'm wondering if I need to invest in a bottle at all, and this is the first time that has ever happened! When I'm wearing it I can't stop smelling myself, so maybe that's a sign...

Buttery nutty creamy, hint of sweet cream and honey. I get a bit of fuzziness on the drydown. This is a warm, comforting scent. It reminds me in vibe to Sudha Segara.

Buttery, creamy, milky.

My Baby and a Baby Goat really does smell a bit like babies, like milk, warmth, and sweetness. There's the gentlest milk and honey, that lovely rice flower note, and a fuzzy, white and grey musk underneath. It's a really comforting and beautiful scent, and one that I think would be great as a sleep oil as well. Reminds me of Milk Moon 2005, one of my favorite early lunacies.

In bottle: Honey sweetened milk dominant with strong musk. The rice flower gives it a gentle floral touch and plays very well with the milk. Luckily not goaty. It's more young girl, clean and fresh and innocent. It's truly lovely and a vaguely floral cousin to Boo. Wet: Less milky and more musk and honey, but milk remains a strong presence. I like it, but it is too young on me. Dry: I'd swear there was tonka in there, possibly in the milk accord. Musk dominent with with the tonka like thing second strongest, with a bit of honey.

I sadly get no rice flower in this. Rice flower is one of my favorite notes, so I am a little bummed.

Overall, I find this blend to be…..kind of nauseating. Really thick honey and milk, which is just too much for me.

If you enjoy those notes, however, you will probably like it :smile:

Out of the bottle this like, a pure butter accord and it's gross. Once it dries, I get a sweet... something. I can't pick out any of the notes, it's not super musky and weirdly enough the honey isn't doing it's normal screaming thing on me. I"ll have to retest it.

On me this is creamy rice flower at first. If anyone was a fan of the long-discontinued Bath and Body Works Rice Flower and Shea lotion, you will love this - rice flower doesn't show up often in scents and this is done so, so well! I get a tiny bit of the honey and musk after it dries, but the rice flower is still very present and it + the milk note seems to be keeping the honey from turning powdery. This is probably the first BPAL scent in which the honey has stayed subdued instead of amping into powder after ten minutes on my wrist.

This is just gorgeous. It settles into something like a warm cup of milk and honey with rice flowers. I may need to break my "no backups" rule since this is so unique and such a comfort scent that I want to wrap myself up in it all winter.

Just got a partial in the mail.

In the bottle, I love this -- that caramelly combination of honey and goat's milk accord that is my new favorite thing, plus a delicate musk.

On my wrist, this transforms into a nutty pastry smell -- I concur with the gentle almond mentioned above.

This settles into a very quiet waxy-honey and cream smell. The rice flower, if anything, is just a powdery haze around the core of milk and honey.

I like this, but it is very subtle, even with a double application. I think I like it better in the bottle than on me, so I might try it in a scent locket.

Edited by radiantfracture

In the decant: Creamy goat's milk and sweet honey, accompanied by the musk note. I really like the combination of the milk and honey notes!

Wet: Mostly goat's milk and honey, with the honey being a lot stronger on my skin than it was in the imp. I'm also getting some musk and what I believe may be the rice flower note. The honey note starts to calm down, and the goat's milk note gains prominence. The rice flower note seems to be getting stronger over time as well. On some sniffs, it's almost like a gourmand due to the milk and honey notes, but on others, it is more like a creamy, musky floral.

Dry: The honey note has regained its strength, and the rice flower is stronger than it was during the wet stage. It's a wonderful, creamy, sweet floral scent that I think is really comforting.

Verdict: I really, really like this one. I just don't think I can justify getting this and Depart Pour Le Sabbat, so I'm going to have to death match the two and decide which one I want more (since they both contain goat's milk and honey – unless the Yules don't kill my wallet for once, in which case, I may get both).

*edited to add* I decided to get a bottle of this one. It is full of win and has good staying power!

Edited by dementia_divine

I was looking forward to the goats milk and goat musk but it's mostly rice flower and, weirdly, grass on me. I'm not fond of it.

Edit: Whoa....the butter is showing up now and it smells really heavy. Thick and cloying.

Edited by Suusje

This is the only bpal i have ever had to wash off, it started with a very heavy sweet butter note then after 5 mins it turned to a very sour milk. In the decant it smelt heavenly but alas it is not for me

Thanks to Andyl, I finally got to try a decant of this because even though I usually like milky and honey scents as bath scents, I do not necessarily like them as a perfume, but omg I want to take a bite out of myself with this on, and I usually don't like foodie scents. The rice flower probably keeps it from going too foodie, but for me this is a foodie scent because I think of a simple and comforting honey bundt cake made on my grandma's farm. I want a bottle. I think the sweet could get a little cloying, but there's something comforting here that prevents it from going too sweet for me. It's the kind of scent I want to wear when I am feeling cuddly in the coldest of days, and I need a lift.

This is The Witches with a little bit of musk. I have no idea how, because it doesn't contain any of the listed notes of The Witches, but that's absolutely exactly what it is. There is no milk, butter, goat, rice flower, or honey on me. It's cinnamon/nutmeg/clove/allspice and musk.

This is a really unusual, interesting scent. There is something distinctly barn-like about it, but not in a bad way... blended with honey and cream. I wasn't sure I would end up liking this one, but I really do -- it's a nice subtle skin scent, and something about it is very comforting.

This is such a beautiful scent! Soft, smooth and creamy. My skin is amping a honey-like note that smells similar to the GCs Cockaigne and Eat Me. I'm not getting any rice flower, it's a purely foodie scent on me.