Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teaotter

Meus Amor Aeternus

Meus Amor Aeternus

When our tarantula, Pinky, died, Lilith buried her. She cradled Pinky’s little body and placed her in a special box. She dug the grave with her own hands. She composed a memorial for Pinky, and spoke at her funeral. She laid a heart-shaped stone that she had found at the beach on her grave, and many months later, she still does what she can to tend Pinky’s grave.

She has a reverence and respect for both life and death that is as beautiful to me as it is uncanny. Just recently, Lilith asked Ted and I to compose eulogies for our Soccer Mom Car, which was recently totaled, so we could share our memories of the car and let the car know how much she meant to us, thanking our poor, unfortunate SUV for keeping us safe for so many years.

I love and treasure many things about my daughter, but to me, her big heart is her most beautiful aspect. She seems to love everyone and everything, she forgives all, and she truly values other people’s feelings. Lilith, you are a good person. You are a better person than I, I suspect, and it is an honor to be your mother.

A cotton candy-suffused blend of Snake Oil and Dorian, touched by earthy green moss and raiz de moras, hope-filled vanilla bean, sweet honey, and joyous carnation.

I think this was a bottle I bought off eBay. I'd been hunting down various Lilith scents with Dorian in them since Dorian's scarce at the moment and I totally love it.

First Sniff Impression: Very sweet and a bit floral. Pink.

Wet in Vial: The cotton candy is prominent. Hoping it will sweeten out any weird Snake Oil-ness that unfortunately does not work with my skin.

Drying Down on Skin: Fortunately there's a quick whiff of the more earthy notes of the green moss and raiz de moras (blackberry root), which is balancing out the cotton candy. There might be a trace of Dorian? But honestly I'm not getting Dorian or Snake Oil at the moment. I can definitely smell the carnation. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pick out carnation, but now I remember how they smell from getting them as a kid.

Dry on Skin: The carnation and earth notes have kind of mixed together, so neither is really apparent besides an earthy-floral scent. I think there might be a touch of Snake Oil and Dorian now, but they're nicely blended so I can't pick them out specifically. Fortunately the sweetness is keeping any Snake Oil in it from getting powdery on me.

Conclusion: I can't decide if I like this one enough to want to keep it. It definitely does have a nice, sweet, floral smell, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant the price of it. I guess I'll keep it for now and see if it grows on me. It's definitely worth another test down the road.

Edited by renfair

I've found I'm not a fan of Snake Oil on its own, or Dorian on it's own, but blends with both are soooo amazing.

I get the strong honey note, similar to the honey in Adante con Fantasia, along with some of the fougere as well. I get the slight Snake Oil, I think it's what keeps this from going powdery one me.

A few hours in, I'm getting more of the Snake Oil, along with that honey. Almost like a fougere-y Womb Furie. This is so lovely, and if you're a fan of Snake Oil/Dorian blends, this is a great one to have.

I'm not sure how I fought off the compulsion to try this when it was released, or ever since, but I finally gave in an purchased a bottle on the sales pages. The label art is my favourite picture of Lilith that I have seen. <3

Wet: The lab's gorgeous blackberry note (both fruit and leaf, I think), and cotton candy come out the strongest. There's something almost nutty underneath? Interesting! This is sweet, innocent and playful.

Dry: Oooh, this is so very beautiful! The "raiz de moras" (Blackberry, I think?) note comes out on top, which I would not have expecting (but am so happy about, it's one of my favourite notes) and is backed by honey sweetness, a touch of Dorian, and a tad of Snake Oil. Glorious. I adore it. So happy I finally got it.

Glad to finally have a decant to test! I’ve been lusting after this scent for a while... 

Sadly, it’s not my style. I get a slightly fruity candy. There is some carnation while wet, but it dissipates quickly. The late drydown is a little sweet yet musty musk. 

Not a huge fan of fruit candy scents, and I felt a little queasy while the amount of slathering I did.... :wacko2:

This reminds me a lot of The Infernal Lover. Red musk and carnation with a touch of honey. Both scents are pretty but dry down a little funky on me. I have a decant of this which I may hang on to, but I don't need more than that.

I'm not getting a ton of cotton candy with this, mostly Snake Oil, vanilla bean, carnation, and honey. Dorian also barely appears. This is really good, the cotton candy is fruity and musky with some spices. Obviously the Snake Oil in this is aged, but I think the addition of the vanilla bean makes this resemble Lab fresh Snake Oil more than an aged version. The honey and carnation stay in the background and don't overwhelm the Snake Oil on me.

Love it! Wanted more Dorian and cotton candy, but I don't hate what it became on my skin. 

I love this so much! The green moss smells fresh on me, not earthy, or as some found sharp. Its just bright and happy, like spring. its a fluffy lavender/dorian. Like, on me, fluffier than slime queen which I actually bought hoping for cotton candy. Not sure how much carnation I m smelling, but I do get the pepper that I associate with carnation. The vanilla in this is more cool than the snake oil vanilla. 

I do not consider Slime Queen a flourmand, but, I totally think this is. The raiz de moras, is gorgeous, is that what makes this special? Blackberry root? Something cozy and gentle and for me this is an excellent sleep scent.