Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aviatrix

Ghost Revelry

Ghost Revelry

While we were at Kensal Green in March, Lilith began knocking on all the crypts to wake the ghosts. In her estimation, they were likely bored and lonely, and a party would do them some good. Lil is always very concerned about everyone’s happiness, both the living and the dead.

A spectral shindig: damp mosses, fallen leaves, and soft woods swirled with an ethereal mist of white sandalwood, lilac, orris root, and moonflower.

I was so excited for this, since the concept reminds me of a favorite scene from Fable 3, where all the ghosts in the cemetery have a party :smile:

I don't smell anything in the bottle at all! On the skin it is very light and ethereal, with a prominent lilac note that I love. It feels very evocative of a peaceful old cemetery in the morning dew, or perhaps the evening mists? There is a bunch of greenery in this as well, but all of it stays very subdued.
It's in the same family as last year's Ghost Houses, although that one was more powerful on me.

Since the concept is supposed to be a ghost party, I might have liked something that gave it a little more oomph, since it's all very light. Definitely ghostly, though. I'm glad I have a bottle!

In bottle: Very floral. I smell lilac (my favorite floral, so no complaints) and what must be the moonflower. And might I add this stuff is strong! I'm testing several Lilith decants right now and this is the one I can smell most clearly without leaning down to smell my arm

Wet on skin: Much earthier than in bottle. I'm still getting the floral elements (and orris root is now present), but now they are grounded by what seems to be the moss and sandalwood.

Dry on skin: It's become a really interesting sandalwood blend. Floral, yes, but also earthy and inexplicably vanillic. The leaves are still nowhere to be seen, but I don't really miss them.

I have to agree with Aviatrix... this is more ghost than revelry. But it is a beautiful, mournful, ghostly blend. It might be a little too austere and feminine for me to pull off, but it is truly haunting.

I wasn't sure if I would like this, as sometimes fallen-leaves scents go terribly wrong on me, but the imagery appealed to me so much I had to try it. I'm glad I did -- it's so lovely! It has a wonderful mix of dryness and dampness that takes me right back to cold days in England. The damp element also reminds me of another BPAL favorite of mine, Nothing But Death. The orris and moss are most identifiable for me; the flowers lend just a light sweetness and there's a soft woody note from the sandalwood. Beautiful!

So old fashioned and beautiful.

This is dominantly leaves, woods and orris on me when it's wet and it verges on soapy but only for a short moment and thank goodness because I was worried. When it warms up I can detect a faint hint of moonflower and lilac but neither are strong nor overtaking each other. The whole blend of the soft florals with the damp mosses and crisp leaves is such a lovely concept and I see a Victorian cemetery in early Autumn.

I will definitely enjoy my decant while I have it. May take a few more wears to see if I need some more. I love old fashioned blends like this a lot.

I like these ethereal/moonflower/orris blends. This is very similar to Staged Moon Landing and others bpal has put out. Just a touch of leaves makes this one a bit different. I don't own any of this type of blend, it's just not 'me'. Fun to try, though.

In the bottle it's very soft, sweet and full of lilac. On my skin it's gorgeous ... beautifully sweet and floral with touches of rain soaked trees and leaves.

It's a sweet and very elegant scent.

Moss, leaves and occasional stabs of lilac and moonflower. This is a soft, sort of ethereal, hint of aquatic perfume. It's sort of dreamy and wispy.

Moss, soft white florals, wispy.

This was a "what the heck!" addition to my decant order, and I'm glad it was.

I haven't really been attracted to the leaves/moss/greenery/dewy outdoors-ey scents in the past (the dead leaves in Sonnet d'Autumn don't work so well for me, for example), but this is a great gateway scent for these notes. It's a damp, but not necessarily aquatic, scent.

The floral notes are subtle and soft, giving it an ethereal finish. These ghosts are at a classy party!

Oh, this is my surprise hit from the Liliths. The lilac orris root combo is beautiful and lilts through touches of moss and leaves. I barely catch the sandalwood. It has incredible staying power, lasting the night and floating up to me when I got up in the morning.

Mostly a sweet, powdery floral mix of sandalwood, orris, lilac, and moonflower. Very light and doesn't last long on my skin. The drydown has a soapiness to it. Reminds me of Staged Moon Landing, but not as strong, and with a soapy edge.

Sniff: So very light, but what I can detect is kind of like moldy flowers

Wet: Still faint, a hint of flowers and sourness.

Dry: This faded so quickly on me, it didn't leave much of an impression.

This is one of my last blind buy's and I LOVE this scent so much :wub3:

The orris root is perfect, thecombination of lilac and moonflower make it go misty and etheral, spooky even !!!

Like it's drifting on that sandalwood, like an eerie veil ....

This is the bottle I have with the most Weenie feeling for me ;)

Really like how the sandalwood comes through on this more green, earthy scent, and there's this touch of smokiness that is intoxicating, but as it dries, it becomes sweeter and more perfume-y.

This is very pretty and light which I tend to love, although something about it when I first put it on reminds me of the White Rain hairspray my mom used to use when I was growing up in the 90s. There's something to be said for nostalgia though and overall this is lovely. I wish more of the rain and greenery came out but maybe I just need to stick it in my scent locket.

This was my first Etsy purchase and it came in today. I could not resist testing longer than a few hours but DANG! Something about this is very familiar. Oddly, I love this. It's much more feminine than I generally gravitate towards but nostalgic and beautiful flowers that has an almost resurrected AL vibe to it. It's very "sweet" but not foody. Very ethereal white floral. Loving the moonflower in this for sure. If you like AL or Zor.ya P., get yourself a bottle!