Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
gentle-twig

A Vast Similitude Interlocks All

A Vast Similitude Interlocks All

On the beach at night alone,
As the old mother sways her to and fro, singing her husky song,
As I watch the bright stars shining, I think a thought of the clef of the universes, and of the future.

A vast similitude interlocks all,
All spheres, grown, ungrown, small, large, suns, moons, planets
All distances of place however wide,
All distances of time, all inanimate forms,
All souls, all living bodies, though they be ever so different, or in different worlds,
All gaseous, watery, vegetable, mineral processes, the fishes, the brutes,
All nations, colors, barbarisms, civilizations, languages,
All identities that have existed, or may exist, on this globe, or any globe,
All lives and deaths, all of the past, present, future,
This vast similitude spans them, and always has spann’d,
And shall forever span them and compactly hold and enclose them.

Eternally lapping ocean waves at sunset, touched by the pale pinkish amber of the setting sun.

Disclaimer: I am not really a lover of aquatics or amber (although I don't mind either), I just thought this seemed like such a unique and possibly beautiful combination. I'm not sure how helpful this is going to be as a first review, but I'll try my darnedest!

In bottle (decant): Salty aquatic and something I can't quite place (is it the amber? the mysterious pink?). It honestly reminds me a little of sweat.
Wet on skin: Again, very salty aquatic dominates. Even saltier than in the imp. I would compare it to Cthulhu (which is the only other aquatic blend I've tried that has worked on me). And yet something in the background is giving it a slightly feminine edge.
Dry on skin: The amber starts to warm things up and eventually turns this into a soft, light skin scent. I'm wondering if there is a floral note in here, as well? I'm not even sure what to say about this other than that it is a warm, gentle (so gentle!) but salty aquatic with a certain air of romance befitting its title.

This would definitely be appropriate for a work environment or other daytime wear, but there is also something so alluring about it that it might best be saved for moments when you need a little magic (although, hey, magic never hurt anyone in the workplace). Another successful aquatic for me! I don't know how much I'll end up wearing this, so I may be safe with a decant, but if I don't get a bottle, it's certainly not because the scent lacks appeal.

I usually don't like aquatics, but this is really pretty! It's both salty and sweet to me, and it feels like there's some sort of light pink floral note adding a bit of a sweet, perfume-y edge. Although it's primarily aquatic scent while wet, the water fades as it dries leaving mostly soft amber + whatever floral note this is + a touch of salt.

I'm often reluctant to try outdoorsy/scene scents because ozone and air notes can go really off on me, but this has nothing of dryer sheets about it.

I would never have tried this if I hadn't signed up for little testers of all the Lilith scents, but I'm actually glad I did and may try to seek out a bit more of this one. It's wearable, a touch sweet, and unlike anything else I own (which is a fairly rare thing for me to say at this point). Definitely a light, feminine aquatic scent.

Light pink floral note, aquatics and hint of amber. There's something very peaceful and timeless about this blend. Very gender neutral.

Despite not being into aquatics anymore, I find this to be very wearable and echoing the first review, I'd think of it as something that would be appropriate to wear at the office.

Hm. Really reminds me of Cool Water perfume.. Not a bad thing, necessarily. Just unexpected. A very "perfumey" aquatic floral. Like zankuko said, very "office appropriate" :)

Well, I could tell this was an aquatic right away, but something foody is meshing in here, or trying to. After a bit, the cookies are gone, and I'm just getting the salty water. I wish the amber came out, but I'm not a big aquatic fan anyways. Not for me.

Slightly aquatic scent with a sweet amber in the background. It is not overwhelmingly salty at all on me.

It is simple, but very sweet and pretty.

It doesn't have a ton of throw on me, though.

Crisp from the aquatic note and warm from the amber. Simple and pretty and easy to wear. I really like it! I'm enjoying the contrast and that it's uncomplicated.

I opened this bottle and felt completely drawn into it's salty depths. And then....I spilled the motherfucker all over me. So I am going with it.

The initial saltiness is a constant threadline through the scent as it settles. It's somewhat sharper opening eventually settles into amber, verging into vanilla, and the whole time there is a tinge of salt surrounding it.

When I read about different notes the deep dark ones (patchouli, oud, etc) always seem compelling on paper, but my nose says that aquatics are where it's at.

I really adore this one.

This one features the oceanic sea salt aspect of Lavender, Sea Salt, and Rain accompanied by the perfume-y pink amber from Pink Amber and Peony. It's strongest on the salt note on me at first, but over time, it becomes more aquatic as the Lab's rain note comes forward, but it also becomes sharper and more perfume-y thanks to the pink amber.

I'm glad I got to try this -- it didn't turn to soap on me like most aquatics do -- but it is a little sharper on me than I would like it to be.