Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Still Life with Melon and Peaches Hair Gloss

(Edouard Manet)
Peach, white rose, and charentais melon with tuberose, French vanilla, Darjeeling tea, white sandalwood, and soft musk.

Still Life with Melon and Peaches is a very light and refined peach, a gentle fruity-floral with a slight purr of Darjeeling, sandalwood, and musk running underneath. I wasn't sure I'd love the charentais melon, since I'm not a huge melon fan in general. But here it seems very...restrained? I can smell it when I unscrew the cap and huff the contents of the bottle, but via the sprayer, it seems to just diffuse and melt into everything else. In my hair it smells like a tea-dimmed peach, well-blended with a very soft touch of roses, woods, and musk. It's quite pretty and falls into the category of 'could wear anywhere'. At the end of the day, the peach is only faintly detectable, and it's just a whisper of tea, roses, and woodsy musk.

To me, this is a melon-y floral with just a hint of peach, quite light, which makes it easy to wear to work without overwhelming anyone else.

Wet, this is all fake melon-grape and it's terrible.

Dry, though, dry is a different story. It's light and fruity, sweet, without being overwhelming. Beautifully balanced. So well blended I'm having a hard time picking out the individual notes. I get a bit of the tea coming through. The melon and peach are pretty much indistinguishable from each other and just present as being sweet and fruity. I can't specifically smell the white rose, which is a bit sad, because it's a favourite of mine. Overall though, this is beautiful and light. Totally office appropriate. I will thoroughly enjoy wearing it with any number of perfume oils in spring and summer.

I received this as a gift and it's an amazing gloss. Very melon and peach with lovely soft florals. I don't get any tea but I do pick up on the musk. It's perfect for day wear and work appropriate and I will wear this often through Spring and Summer.

I like the lab's melon blends, but my decant of this doesn't smell particularly melon-y. I get a watery peach with crisp tea on a bed of powdery sandalwood and musk. I was hoping it would be sweeter and have a more noticeable melon scent to it.

When I first got this bottle (I think from Etsy?) the floral notes were too bold for it to go into regular rotation. The bottle got pushed to the back of the HG shelf, and I forgot to review it.

Fast forward to 2022. Teadaughter rooted through the collection this week, looking for a decant suitable for oral surgery.  "Oh, look," says I, "Still Life with Melon and Peaches! I wonder how that's aged?"

Aging has mellowed the flowers, so this is now a fruit/vanilla/musk blend, with low-key notes of flowers & tea. I'll be wearing it a LOT more frequently :heart:.

Edited by Teamama