Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Still Life with Peaches: Herculaneum, AD50 Atmosphere Spray

Myrrh incense and olive blossom drifting over peaches roasted in honeyed wine, cumin, and mint.

This. Is. Fantastic. It was a last-minute impulse addition to my order, and I'm SO glad I threw it in. I usually avoid anything with the word incense, but this is heavenly. Takes me right back to a summer I spent in Greece. The olive groves, a whiff of incense on the breeze, and the overall atmosphere of late-night outdoor dining. I'm almost getting beeswax in here too, but I suppose that's just the honey? (Or me imagining tapers on the dinner table. One of the two.) My god, but this is good. It walks the line between sweet and savory with incredible skill, and I find I desperately want more of it. This will be used with fondness in the colder winter months when my heart needs a bit of summer and sunshine and maybe a little European nostalgia.

This is magical. The olive blossom note is the same as in tabella, and there is just the slightest hint of incense over a very light peach. Not sweet at all and very complex. I love it! Wish it were a perfume.

Cloying heavy peach blossoms. This one gave me the biggest headache. I am so glad it's on its way to a new home. :D

Peaches, myrrh, and a touch of olive blossom. Heavy, heady peaches that smell greek. There's something else that my nose is picking up in the background.