Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Peach and Moroccan sandalwood with wild strawberry, vanilla pod, and caramelized benzoin.

My goodness, Peach XIV is so good. The description says it all: peach, sandalwood, strawberry, vanilla, and benzoin. The fruit, vanilla, and caramelized benzoin give this a very fruity-foodie feel, like some kind of scrumptious dessert dreamed up by an ambitious chef. The sandalwood drowns everything in its book, planes it down until it's smooth and golden. The strawberry is particularly nice here, there's just a hint and it gives a lovely blush to everything.

This Peach Pit is right up there with my favorites Peach IV and Peach VIII...sweet, fun, and totally wearable.

I'd have to agree with LiberAmoris on the strawberry blush part. The strawberry is the only other note that stands right out.

When applied wet, it smells like... a My Little Pony....Yup. Not kidding. I think its the "wild" part of the strawberry.. a whiff of greenery. Gets a little less green as it dries down. I love sandalwood however its not as prominent in this mix as I imagined. It is a base note/melder. Whatever moroccan means in the world of sandalwood, its frikkin awesome... sweet and a little musky. Reminiscent of Morocco's characteristics for sure.

Very well blended. Light to medium throw. Smooth, creamy, sweet, musky, peachy... but not overwhelmingly so, in any direction. Very wearable.

This smells exactly like Strawberry Moon to me, and while I love Strawberry Moon, that is not what I was expecting from Peach XIV.

I'm bummed.

So this was peachy, fruity, and I get a fair bit of vanilla and sandalwood. This is bright, fruity, and sexy. Very playful.

So very torn. I don't typically wear peach blends although I like them, strawberry is typically a non-starter but works on this blend, and I love me some vanilla and sandalwood.

This really does smell amazing. I am having to balance that with how much I'd actually wear this. I tend to prefer my sexy blends to have a darker edge (hallo, Voodoo Queen).

Hello strawberries! I don't think I've ever tried one of the Lab's strawberry blends before, and I am amazed at just how much this smells like a bowl of fresh strawberries. In fact, that's all I smell. Maybe because I'm not used to it, I don't know, but it is beautiful. I can't smell peach at all, nor the other notes as distinct from each other. It's just a lovely bowl of sweet strawberries, but after a while it has the barest hint of peach. Ah, there is finally some sandalwood emerging. This is not "my" kind of scent, but I am really glad to have the decent and will definitely wear it. I think it will be a nice scent to apply first thing in the morning and sniff while I sit and drink my coffee before my shower.

Dragon-Peaches have become my favorite time of the year in BPAL land. They are always just so expertly blended and delicious and this one is no exception.

I don't think I have any other perfume with strawberry in it, and my collection of bpal bottles is upwards of 300. I tend to prefer darker fruits, or jammy citrussy fruits. Peaches kinda fall into that later category. Kinda jammy on my skin rather than floral like peach skin. Strawberry I always think of that artificial strawberry smell, like lollipops or pink strawberry cake.

This is not that.

This is the ripest strawberry fresh picked in the height of summer. Juicy, bright red, and perfect. The kind where you eat the entire bin. The kind that make the perfect strawberries and shortcake. The kind that artifical strawberry lollipops desperately want to be, but sadly know they never will be.

Coupled with it is the lovely peach. Like the strawberries, these peaches are the juiciest, sweetest peaches summer has to offer.

This scent is mouthwatering, and I want to drink it. Strawberry-peach juice, I must have it.

When it dries the intense fruitiness yields way to benzoin and vanilla making, and faintly sandalwood in the background, which round out the scent nicely. It kind of reminds me of those fruit cream hard candies, but super sophisticated and sexy. The benzoin and vanilla really do add a caramelized and creamy feel, and the sandalwood grounds it all.

This is definitely a girly blend, but not so sugary that it's tooth achingly sweet. It has enough complexity that I will be keeping this and reaching for it in my rotation. Quite different from the incense, patchouli, and clove heavy blends I tend to gravitate too, but when I want a different kind of this definitely hits home. It's amazing.

Strawberry and peach mingle together and smell pretty natural here, all fuzzy peaches and strawberry with a hint of green vine and leaf still stuck to it. It gets sweeter in the drydown, like strawberries sprinkled with sugar. The sandalwood and benzoin add a warm, golden, powdery scent that gets stronger over time. It does kind of remind me of powdery, sweet, scented doll heads, but I oddly kind of like that smell.

Wet: Lovely! The peach and strawberry swirl together in such a lovely way. The sandalwood and benzoin are such a gorgeous base. I really love this so far! I have a hard time finding fruit scents that are good on my skin, but this is doing it for me so far.

Dry: So pretty. The vanilla bean comes out (one of my absolute favourite notes) and it really shines with the sandalwood and soft fruits. This is light, low throw, but gorgeous.

I never in a million years would think that I would ever like peach, but it's funny how tastes change. This one is a bright, fruity blend. Kind of like a fruity floral, but I don't see any floral notes listed. It reminds me of my Mom, who likes loud, tropical scents, which is funny, because her personality is not like that at all. It starts out barely there, and just blooms on the skin. i really like this one for scent memory of my mom in the 80's getting dressed up to go out to dinner with my dad. I don't get any strawberry or sandalwood fwiw.

On a never-ending quest for Peaches and Blueberries. But ... I don't know how I feel about strawberries yet.

Thankfully I don't need to know yet, because while the initial add was all strawberry Jam, it quickly faded on me. What it leaves behind is a soft, warm, musky vanilla concoction with the faintest peach stirred in. It's almost like my blend is entirely different from some of the other reviews.

Oh this gets so beautiful as it wears and melds. Gentle, sultry, musky, sweet. Sweetness is all fruit (no added sugar ;)) and I don't care to dissect peach from strawberry. The musky base is probably benzoin + sandalwood - I don't even care. It's just the warmest, softest, best thing ever.

makes me want to sunbathe in the grass while eating a bowl of fresh picked fruit. Flipping amazing scent. These peach scents I swear. I love you so much.

EDIT TO ADD: My bottle was thick with ribbons of something in the oil. Within ten minutes of setting my bottle down after rolling and mixing, it's separated again. Worth checking to make sure it's well mixed for applying.

Edited by Aveya

So 6 yrs in what is there to say.  It starts off dry sandalwood.  Very woody when wet. The Benzoin is medicinal in the bottle. During dry down the sandalwood settles and I get a perfume-y vanilla caramelized benzoin {which is kinda vanilliac?}.  15 mins in it is a peachy scent on a base of vanilla/sandalwood and a hint of rosiness which I think comes from the strawberry.

As to be expected with a scent this old the woods and vanilla/benzoin are more in the forefront.  I do get the fruitiness. It's comforting and soft melding into my skin.  Midday I had a whiff of a rose blushed peach but not much else.  By rose blushed I mean the color of strawberries tinging it not the flower 🙂

I did layer this on top of peach and strawberry pulp bath oil today so that might be why those notes are discernible so much later.  I wouldn't expect it to last this long.  I gave this 4 stars on scent base back in the day.

NOTE: Strawberries generally don't last on me.  One of my favorite BPALs is Love which is rose and strawberry.  The strawberry fades quickly but adds a sweet tart jammy red to the rose which I think are pink ones.  I guess strawberries read as a flavor/color to me.