Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Peach, white sandalwood, golden amber, gurjum balsam, leather accord, and oudh.

On me this was lighter and greener than I thought it would be - I suspect it wants a bit of aging to soften the balsam to my personal tastes - but on my friend it was ALL peach and leather and oudh, which was her personal idea of a Really Good Party.

There's nothing dark in this scent. I get blond woods and golden resins and young fresh-cured leather, with peach keeping it juicy at the edges.

Works for any gender.

This is just beautiful - I get soft leather, sweet resins, and a hint of peach. I think this is just gorgeous now and will only get better with age.

I don't get much of the oudh at all - just enough to add a faint smokiness and enhance the leather, I think. And even less balsam. The sandalwood comes out a little more on drydown, but still stays soft. Overall, I think that amber, sandalwood, balsam, and oudh are just combining to create a golden resin-y haze, none of them come forth enough for me to absolutely pick out.

Leather, resins, peaches. In that order. Beautiful!

In bottle - Sweet, fresh peach and sandalwood, with a tiny hint of dark leather.

Wet on skin - Still fresh peach, but the amber and sandalwood are warming it nicely and keeping it from being to juicy/sugary/saccharine. The leather is a secondary but still obvious note, and it's very much warm, well-worn leather like a good leather jacket at the end of a day of wear. the oudh and basalm are lending a dark "brown" quality behind the sweet peach and warm amber/spicy sandalwood.

After a while - A lot of the sweetness has mellowed out of the peach and now it's more reminiscent of baked peaches. The sandalwood and amber are still pretty strong along side it, keeping things woodsy and warm. The leather, surprisingly, has almost disappeared - it's just a little bit of darkness rounding out the edges of the peach. The basalm and oudh don't feature at all as notes, but instead contribute to the overall caramel-quality of the scent.

This goes on as really strong leather at first! Definitely of the black variety.

The leather stays at the forefront, but calms down a little as other notes come out to play. Here are the resins and the balsam! The peach is, admittedly, hard to detect against so many heavy notes.

I like the blend, but it disappoints a bit as a Peach Pit scent, simply because there is no peach to be found….

Ermaghed. This is slightly peachy leather, oudh and amber. So, a masculine Peach blend. It's pretty much a very sophisticated, slightly fruity leather blend on me.

So yeah, peach leather. Manly peach leather.

And no, that's not a code for anything.

In the bottle: Smells like a rubber mask. I think it's the leather.

Wet: Weird unpleasant chemical spice thing. A store with linoleum floors and a lot of knick knacks.

Drying: A little warm creamy peach, with a little spice. Barely there. Pleasant.

Smoky black leather with a very baby powdery drydown thanks to the sandalwood and amber. The peach adds just a hint of sweetness. I think this is too powdery to be a keeper for me, even though I really enjoy the leather and peach. Gourmand leather (or gourmand patchouli or gourmand + any dark note is always so sexy).