Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Peach, iris root, King mandarin, and lime rind.

UGH. Was not expecting to be the first one.

Peach X is pretty peachy, with a big hint of mandarin citrus and a touch of iris. It's a soft, delicate peach blend.

For me, iris root becomes very powdery on the drydown, which gives this a very Pez-like dimension. I mean PEACH PEZ. Which immediately amps up the nostalgia factor, for no reason at all, whatsoever.

Peachy, powdery, nostalgia.

my knowledge of iris as a perfume note is limited, resulting in me thinking of it as a note that comes up in classic department store/fancy schmancy perfume houses, etc. my only real experience with it in a bpal is in the sublime kneel down, fair love and fill thyself with tears. so when I saw this peach, I assumed classic style of scent with a peach twist.

BUT what I actually got was, as stated above, PEZ. such a profound scent memory of PEZ that it made me chuckle because i could hear the dispenser head snap back and feel the candy slide out. this one is for all the candy scent collectors. amazing.

I expected this to be perfumey and sharp from the iris, but it starts off with a sharp lime and dries down to a powdery, sweet orange. Reminds me of orange flavored sweet tarts. Chalky and tart. I'm not getting any peach from the aged decant.

Wet: Powdery, but sweet, peach. If there were peach flavored sweet tarts, this is what they'd smell like.

Dry: Peach sweet tarts with a squirt of lime on top. I think this is great for summer, that burst of lime is very enjoyable! Low throw.

Found a decant of this amongst my stash while cataloguing.  Very faint.  Low throw indeed. A soft powdery peach with just a touch of lime.  Sweet but not sugary. It smells terrible, like vinegar, in the decant so I guess it is ancient enough to not be an accurate review of scent.  THO thing that have lime rind in them smell bitter and pithy/vinegary to me in first place.  A happy surprise it is pretty on me.  It is a hint of a peach.

A lightly peach scented dusting powder.  

end of day edit. Like 12 hrs later Dang tis still blooming. Still a hint of peach. No longer dusting powder but rich creamy peachy cream. Also perfume-y instead of foodie. LOVE it. And this is why I have ancient decants untested. Weeps that I am 8 yrs too late to buy buy buy

Edited by elka_knits