Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rose musk, peach blossom, and vanilla cream.

Emphasis on the cream and the musk (like a soft skin musk), not the rose. This smells like plush fur feels, all creamy to the nose. It is shockingly lovely and understated, and if rose in all forms did not abhor my skin, I would buy it.

Peach IX is really lovely. When I first applied it I couldn't remember the notes, but I could tell this wasn't a fruity kind of peach. Rather, this is a very gentle floral musk, and it definitely hugs the skin. It's almost a baby skin type of scent, not in a baby powder-ish kind of way, but just in the way that makes you think someone isn't wearing any identifiable perfume but you still think, "Wow, that person smells nice." Very well-blended so that individual notes aren't discernable. Glad I was able to get a bottle!

This is a soft as can be rose peach with a creamy background of vanilla. It does exactly as it says in the notes, and it is super yummy. If you are iffy on the rose, you might still like it, as it is a very soft and not overwhelming rose. The rose is a little more in front than the peach, though.

In the decant: Mostly peach blossom and rose musk, with the vanilla cream note is lingering in the background.

Wet: Peach blossom and rose musk are the first notes to greet my nose, with the peach blossom being the dominant note (though the rose musk isn't far behind). The rose musk feels like more rose than musk on my skin. I don't know if it is the same kind of musk (plus rose) found in Aglaea, or if the combination of peach + musk just makes me think of that scent, although they are really different peach scents. The vanilla is starting to peek out more the longer this sits on my skin.

As the scent starts to dry down, I start getting more rose musk than peach, though both notes are still pretty strong, and the vanilla cream is a lot more prominent now.

Dry: Heady rose musk and peach blossom with a fair amount of vanilla cream.

Verdict: I was worried that this would be too cloying on me, and I was right. I'm glad that I went for a bottle of Peach XII instead of this one.

Peach IX is more of a traditional peachy/rose blend that I suspected. This smells like peach-scented roses. With a fair amount of vanilla body powder thrown in.

It's old-fashioned, pink, and very girlie. Honestly, there's something here that reminds me to a Victoria's Secret scent... I think it was Body? It was big for a while. I think it's the vanilla cream + rose that is making it seem like that. So totally better than that, but it's got a very feminine commercial vibe to it.

So, I'd say that this is a great started BPAL to introduce anyone who is afraid of going indie. Meaning, it's comfortable enough to be recognizable but of a much higher quality than the other stuff they were wearing.

Oh man, Peach IX is the softest peach ever. It's like peach on a pillow! The rose musk and vanilla cream are the strongest notes on me...smelling like rosy whipped cream or a milky rose candy. The peach blossom is a downy running stitch through it all, so demure and pretty. Agree that this would be a good 'gateway BPAL' for those who love commercial scent. I'll enjoy it on days when I need something light and lovely, or add a drop of Snake Oil to dirty it up a bit in the best way possible.

I have collected each and every one of the Peaches since I go to Dragoncon every year. :) This is by far the loveliest. I am just now getting around to truly testing all these beautiful scents, and I wish I had known how hoarde-worthy this one would be! This is Joyful Moon shining over a a rose garden, with a cold glass of red Sangria to me. It is now in my top 5 bpal scents of all-time. Soft, creamy, and delicate. I can't wait to wear it this Spring! (And seriously, if you love Joyful Moon, hunt this one down!!)

I have been dying to get my hands on this!

Wet: Smells like candy, which was not what I was expecting! Hoping it'll settle into more of a musky vanilla cream + floral like I was hoping for...so far, very artificial smelling on me. :(

Dry: Gone. I have applied twice, and it just disappears. I went back and sniffed it in the bottle, and it is so dreamy! Vanilla cream, hints of musk and florals, slightly fruity, perfect....on me, nada.

Not giving up, I will retest another day.

Creamy peach blossom (not sweet and vanilla-y, but creamy the way some florals just smell white and soft, if that makes sense), clean and delicately fruity-sweet. As it dries down, the sweet rose and powdery musk settle in. This is more clean and floral than gourmand on me, but it isn't soapy at all, and the natural sweetness of the peach blossom and rose come through nicely. I wish that I got more of the vanilla from it, but it's still pretty.

I'm in the same boat with LizziesLuck: Peach IX is really great, but short-lived. The peach note is realistic on my skin; the rose musk is delicate & vanilla-tinged. I will cheerfully re-apply as needed, because I really like this!

Happily I seem to amp rose musk as I am getting a rose.  It is light and airy -- a cloud of soft pink roses instead of a haughty rose.  Whenever I get a blend with rose and a fruit, that doesn't contain more than a few notes,  the rose just seems rosier.  I don't get the stem or any greenery which makes it a bed of rose petals.   Semi reminiscent, and I would have to pull them out to double check, of the Art of the Unicorn roses or maybe even what I remember Katrina Van Tassel being.  Close to the skin--this scent is definitely there but it isn't aggressive.  Not that I think any of Beth's scents are harsh and garish like those spritz attacks when walking through mall but this one reminds me of perfume perfume.  That whole spritz and walk under to get a hint of fragrance that lingers.  There are times I think it has gone away but she is there...  my nose has just gotten used to the very pretty pretty rose.