Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Aviatrix

Grove Street Cemetery

Lyre-leaved sage, moth mullein, dandelions, and sweet while violet creeping through ancient brownstone walls and crumbling shale.

Am I really first? :o Okay then.

Some of these notes are unfamiliar to me, but what I am getting is a distinct violet note with some greenery. There is a little bit of dandelion, too, and it's very pretty.
It is not as dry as the other cemetery scent, this one is more fresh and green, like a graveyard in the spring. There is a depth to it as well that could very well be the stone notes.
I can't decide which one of them I like the best, but this one is very good! The violet is also not headachey for me.

Dandelions, violets, and darker notes of stone, clay and sage. This one has a fresh green edge, but as you sniff it more you realize that there's good bit of stone and clay underneath. You get the sense that the greens and wild flowers have had a chance to grow wild and nature being nature has taken some of the stone and just started to sort of tear it apart.

It's good, fresh, and violets.

Honestly, this would make a fantastic room scent.

the violets here aren't quite the same powdery-dusty (Chowards~ish) ones i'm used to in BPAL.

dandelion SN is amazing, and some of my favourite BPAL scents are heavy on the dandelion. i also love the Lab's dirt, and dirt~y scents, although some of the ones that have rocks (castle walls, cement, etc) in them don't do so well for me. Lyre-leaved sage grew wild near the house where i grew up, although i don't remember it having a scent. pretty purple leaves, though! yes, i researched all the plants that grew in the empty lots near my mom's house and in my daddy's "back 40". if none of the adults knew what it was, i'd take a clipping to the library to research. nowadays i'd have used the internet, but this was the early-to-mid 80s!

sniffed from the bottle & wet on skin: that berry/dark cherry flavor in adult cough medicine. bitter and medicinal, although thankfully without the menthol. also confusion, because wtf?

on skin, after it settles down: no more medicine-berry-WTFness! sweet, non-powdery, something purple so i guess violets?

no dandelions, and nothing that makes me think of dirt or rocks. sweeter than i would have thought.

after around an hour: this is a pretty scent. if it had a different name and was available from the Lab directly instead of only Dark Delicacies, i bet it would be way more popular. or if it was called Lavender Lace (even though it doesn't have that ~Lace note) or something?
it reminds me of something (non-BPAL), maybe a fancy salon shampoo?**

after about two hours: i still keep catching the occasional almost-whiff of a sweet black cherry type scent from this

five hours : slightly floral, feminine shampoo.

**yes! salon shampoo. Sebring, the dark red one. the salon my mom went to (to get a "curly") when i was little (which is, oddly enough, just around the corner from where i live now. or what's left of the building, anyway) used Sebring products and had three huge drums of shampoo in the back room where you could refill your bottles for less than the cost of buying new ones. the stylist (a transplant from Hollywood) used the volumizing one on me, one for permed hair for my mom, and the other one, the red one, i only ever got to sniff a few times. i think it was for "regular" hair. this reminds me of that.

and the coke machine where you lifted the lid, put in a coin, and worked the bottle through a maze-like labyrinth to get to where you could pull it up and out (the coin worked the release mechanism - kinda like a subway entrance?)