Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I dunno. "Jiggery Pokery" just felt like it needed a whimsical scent attached to it, so here's some pink pepper cotton candy with a sliver of orange peel and a hint of vanilla cream.

I too agree with the orange creamsicle description, at least while this is wet. Once it dries down, more of the pepper comes out on my skin and it's not as sweet. Pretty light, with not a ton of throw.

The pepper is STRONG in this one! It kind of burns in the back of my nostrils. But the rest of this is pure, processed sugar... though not as headache-inducingly saccharine as it could be. I do get more orange creamsicle than cotton candy, but that's probably more interesting anyway.

For me this was initially a little too sweet. I got none of the pink pepper at first and it was all cotton candy, orange, and vanilla cream. But it softened up into a delightful peppery cotton candy with just a touch of creaminess. Very whimsical and would be fun to wear to a carnival.

This would have been fun to wear at the amusement park earlier this summer. When first applied, Jiggery smells like marshmallow-ish cotton candy and vanilla cream, with a little orange and pink pepper (which smells quite pink, but only a little peppery). The light peppery note doesn't appeal much, but it's gone in an hour, leaving a pretty and admittedly girlish pink vanilla-mallow cream.

Jiggery is charming, and I'm surprised to kind of want a bottle. But the blend has little throw and a short life on my skin of under two hours, so probably not.

I'm really glad I was able to purchase a decant of this from a lovely forumite. I definitely do not need a whole bottle because it is so sweet it makes my teeth ache. I almost never get pink pepper out of anything -- my skin just obliterates it or something -- though it's possible this would be even sweeter without it. It does have that orange creamsicle feel others have commented on, and as it dries down the intense sweetness backs off and it becomes very wearable. And it is the perfect scent for those occasions where you have to force yourself to be cheerful. Even if you're furious or your heart is breaking or whatever the circumstance is, you can catch a whiff of your wrist -- Jiggery Pokery! -- and remember to smile.

it's interesting how hit and miss this scent seems on everyone.

For me it was a hit. It was creamsicle through and through, but adulted up a little bit. The pepper others seem to have a problem with I don't really get much of. If I stick my nose into my skin and search for it I can find it... but nothing noticable for me. It's not in the throw. And this has a nice medium throw. It wafts sweet orange-cream around randomly and is really pleasant. Right in my ballpark.

That said, lately I've been searching out scents like this one - and I realize now there are a plethora of these to pick from. So I likely won't buy, hunt, or hoard bottles of this. I think Gobo scratches the same itch this does for me, but I sure won't pass down trade options for this in the future :D.

Overall; fun creamsicle scent with a medium throw.

On application this is SUPER Xanthe on me!! Not angry about that. Within seconds it's a tad more of a creamsicle cotton candy caramel, and with 5 minutes there's more and more pepper. Still nice, but I'd rather do with Xanthe! :whistle:

Edit: giving this a try 4 years later. Getting more hard candy than cotton candy. I'm thinking of specific candies i've had in my childhood that i don't know the name of, but it's a dark pink/reddish scent. The vanilla in it is absolutely delicious. 
What happened to all the other notes, skin??!? 🤯

Edited by Cali

Wet: For some reason, I've always had a hard time picking out the pink pepper note in scents. Here, however, I KNOW I'm getting a blast of pink pepper! It's almost a little smokey smelling. Definitely some cotton candy in the background as well, but the pink pepper is dominating.

Dry: I've seen a lot of people comparing this to a creamsicle, but I'm not getting that all! This is still prominently pink pepper on me with a hint of sweetness now.

(Side note: for a creamsicle scent, I love Fortuna Liberum.)

I'll hold on to this for a while to see if it ages, but I'm not really in love right now.

Strawberries? I suppose it's the same cotton candy note with the strawberries, cotton candy and lime zest, so that's almost exactly what it smells like but more wearable and less candy. I really enjoyed this, more than I thought I would! Great summer scent for a hot day, as it's light and well blended. Very nice blend that I may need a bottle of so I can slather away. It's got a pretty low throw and staying power, but that is fine for me 80+ degree weather.

Pink pepper and orange PLASTIC. Not the pleasant sort of plastic to me - the nostalgic toy kind - no, Jiggery Pokery serves me just the cringey kind. Where's my beloved candy? Instead I'm just smelling really fake French Vanilla SN - plastic - infused with some Orange Number 1. It didn't work for my nose at all, alas!

i recently unearthed a decant of this scent from when it was first released, and it did not age well unfortunately.  smells like melted crayons. 😕

i noticed this phenomenon with another scent containing vanilla cream, (the vine) so i will refrain from backup - bottling anything with this note in the future. 

Edited by MamaMoth