Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I dunno. "Jiggery Pokery" just felt like it needed a whimsical scent attached to it, so here's some pink pepper cotton candy with a sliver of orange peel and a hint of vanilla cream.

Hot out of the mailbox, so I may have to edit this review in a day or two!

Right off the bat, it seems to be just about as described. Strongest note is the pink pepper cotton candy. The pepper tempers it a bit so it's not teeth achingly sweet. Just a hint of orange and vanilla, and the cream is not so much an element of itself but giving the scent a creamy sort of vibe. Although it is a sweet scent, it doesn't strike me as overly juvenile. It's not over the top foody. To me it smells like a very upscale summer cocktail. Throw is light. A great summer scent!

I don't always like candy-sweet scents, but I had to have this one. It is whimsical--more pink cotton candy than peppery, but it is also creamy. Like a creamsicle that is less orange. Throw is good to medium and it lasts for hours and hours. I agree that it is like a very upscale summer drink, but more of a warm, slightly orange cream milkshake. Not too sweet, and eminently huffable.

AW man I really REALLY wanted this to work for me because I thought "Ooo Cotton Candy GIMMIE" and the pepper, even better. But the orange slice makes it smell so... processed... for a lack of better terms. You know like the cheap candies you get from the vending machines that are like 25 cents (do they still have those)? It smells like orange creamsicle essence, which means the essence contains neither oranges nor cream.... OH know those hard candies that were half cream and half some fruit!? they had like raspberry and cream and peach and cream... yeah well this smells like that.... I would probably add this to a lotion and just use it like that. I would probably not wear this. It doesn't have that 'perfumey' quality to it. It's beautiful do not get me wrong. But I'd rather have a lotion to smell this way or a body wash... I'd feel like I was a bag of starburst just walking around....

I will come back to it this weekend, and give it another shot- Will update you lovely people!

Edited by Ismellgoodyo

Slightly effervescent - I like the comparison to an upscale drink! Cotton candy meets orange creamsicle. Very yummy.

Sadly, this was more faint orangey bubblegum (lotus?) than cotton candy on me. Very thin, pale oil that seems to disappear minutes after application on me. I really wanted to love it but I think I like my recent Chaos Gourmand sweet candy scent better.

ETA: This review sounds super negative and I don't mean it to be. I think I just expected something more cotton candy-ish and I should realize the lab rarely do "simple" or even more synthetic type blends which I am used to with cotton candy scents - this was just more than I wanted but I am sure others will love it!

Edited by violetblue

Light cotton candy, peppercorn, and vanilla cream with the barest hints of apple.

This is my kind of scent. Light, sweet, and fun. :D

The vanilla cream forms a really nice base note here and it almost translates like a shortbread cookie, a straight-up (non-cherry) almond note. I don't get "orange creamsicle" like some others, but I do smell a pink citrus-y candy with a bite. As time passes, the pink pepper cotton candy begins to smell somewhat like mildly spicy carnation. Very nice. It takes a good slather to make it last, but it is a lovely summer scent.

eta for typo

Edited by Leopard403

Based on the notes alone I would never have bought this one, as I don't like citrus scents and especially dislike anything orange flavored. But it's called Jiggery Pokery and so I just had to have it for the name and for what it references. I wanted the bottle label, so I ordered a bottle as soon as it went live instead of just getting a decant. Hey, it's for a good cause, too.

Pink pepper is usually not good on me either, so it's interesting that I really don't even smell it in the bottle or on my skin. What I do get is orange creamsicle, as others have said. On the drydown, I think the pink pepper keeps the cotton candy from turning into a sickly sweet blend, and keeps it from being too little-girlish. It's a nice scent, definitely not "me" but wearable. Once he's old enough for me to wear perfume around him, I would wear this on days that I babysit my grandson, or if I was traveling and wanted to wear a subtle inoffensive scent. Plus it's just damn funny. :smile:

The pepper comes out a bit at first, but then it smooths into a mix of bubblegum and cotton candy. Dries down to orange creamsicle. Light throw, but decent staying power. Excellent summer scent. I'm debating getting another bottle.

This is a decant, so it didn't just arrive from the lab, it's had a few days to 'settle'.

Wet: Very orange, sweet and a little peppery.

Dry: This is such an interesting, unique, fun scent! It's whimsical without being childish. I agree with those that have said it will be a great summer scent. Very fruity. I get the orange, but then something else that almost smells like banana, but not quite. It is creamy, with just a touch of pepperiness. I don't get anything that I associate with cotton candy (thank goodness, lol) I think I'll be getting a bottle.

I get upscale bubblegum with a back note of orange creamsicles.

This one is fun! Not something I'd pick on my own but I had to get a decant to try it!

This is nummy, unrepentant sweetness off the get go! Orange creamsicles (or orange-cream hard candy) rolls out off the bat, tempered by a subtle spice around the edges that anchors the scent and adds some depth to prevent this from being a single-note sweet scent. The orange candy fades a bit in the drydown, allowing the cotton candy to come to the forefront instead. The vanilla here adds a creamy fullness to the scent, rather than being a discernible note.

Throw is initially quite strong, but fades a bit with the orange cream. The stay is decent.

Alas, pickled cabbage. A very savoury, vinegary smell on my skin. It starts out with a lovely sugary pink pepper, which I always like more than I think I do, but... pickled cabbage. I'm hoping that letting it rest a while will make a difference.

Wet I really like this -- I can make out the pink pepper and sugary, creamy cotton candy, with a really nice blast of orange peel.

Drydown -- uh oh, this turns into a dead ringer for the Sprinklecake fail -- that bad musky fruitiness I got from the fruity version. I think sugary scents and I have a troubled relationship.

Dry, a couple hours later -- now it's what I really wanted -- a warm, creamy, vanilla cotton candy with a hint of pink pepper and orange.

The question is -- is it worth getting through a couple hours of strong dislike to get to the final phase? Is the ultimate cotton candy scent strong and long-lasting enough to put up with it? Only time will tell.

In the bottle: Pink pepper (a note that I love!) cotton candy, followed by the orange peel, and vanilla cream. Oh, this smells amazing. It's kind of like High-Strung Daisies and Gobo had a baby (minus the floral notes from the former and the other citrus notes from the latter).

Wet: The orange peel note is the most prominent note on my skin at first. However, the pink pepper cotton candy note quickly gains strength, and I feel like this pink pepper note has a bit more of a kick to it than other blends I've tried that feature the note. The vanilla cream note is present, but it is content with its background role for now.

Dry: While I can see the comparisons of this scent to an orange creamsicle, I feel like Gobo is more like that on me (well, a citrus creamsicle, at least). The vanilla cream definitely has a creamsicle vibe, but the pink pepper cotton candy is more prominent than the orange peel note on my skin, and I feel like its more like angel food cake or shortcake on me for some reason (with a bit of orange glaze and a nice helping of vanilla cream).

Verdict: I knew I would love this, and it did not disappoint! However, I don't think I will be needing a back-up bottle of this scent.

This is indeed orange creamsicle, with something else underneath. Could be the cream? It is pleasant enough, but as orange creamsicle scents go, I still prefer Tweedledee, so I won't be needing a bottle of this.

This is nearly identical to Tweedledee. It's perhaps a bit milder and not quite as aggressively sweet, but honestly they are perfume twins. I actually prefer Tweedledee, it's just a touch brighter and fruitier.

This definitely reminds me a little of High Strung Daisies and Treat #1, it has that same hard crystalline sugar note.

Orange creamsicle cotton candy. I get a very slight spice aspect to it, but pink pepper tends to not be super prominent on my skin.

It's a very airy, almost crunchy sugar scent. Pretty light throw and the citrus fades fast. I rather like this, but I think it's a bit too light and similar to candy scents I already have.

I love the pink pepper in this - so bright and just a little sweet. He's a great accent to the sharp fresh grapefruit. It's not sweet, but smells exactly like a fresh grapefruit. There's some initial Surat sweetness as well, but it fades pretty quickly.

As it warms on my skin it gets much more grapefruit-y. My skin tends to appreciate citrus, so this isn't surprising. I could see this being a lovely delicate scent for summer.

It took me a while to figure it out... but I think the cotton candy note is the same that was used in BPTP BO Spun Sugar Spectre a few Weenies back.

The core of the scent is definitely the creamy cotton candy note overlayed with a gentle brush of orange that's faintly kissed at the end with the pepper, if I wasn't searching for it, I wouldn't have noticed the pepper. After a bit I'm just left with the soft cotton candy scent. This is a gentler version of Spun Sugar Spectre, which had a stronger lemony sweet throw/presence.

Very pretty, but I'm not sure it's me... it will probably go into my work imp box to be pulled out once in blue moon. :)

Sweet, sweet, SWEET orange and candylike to the extreme. This is quite nauseating to me and reminds me of that doll fragrance in the CD line, can't think of the name atm. Definitely NOT me, not even close.

Straight up orange creamsicle. I get candy-like sweet orange and vanilla cream. If there is pink pepper in this, it's purely there for window dressing. This is an sweet orange and vanilla cream love fest.

If you ever wanted an orange creamsicle blend, you must have this. It's almost too sugary sweet for me. It lacks something to ground this blend.

And now I'm gonna hit this with a spoiler. Because I had an idea/epiphany but it requires some BPAL privilege, which may not be without controversy. Read at your own discretion. I experimented in the name of SCIENCE!

So Jingo-Kogo when it first came out with this awesome orange creamsicle that just sorted of dripped itself all over a sexy sandalwood base.

And using the above mentioned BPAL privilege, I've layered Jiggery Pokery over some BPAL sandalwood SNs from 2004. Yes, I definitely did just type and do that.

Red Mysore Sandalwood:
The sandalwood actually amps up the pink pepper when combined. On wet, it's still an intense orange creamsicle, but the sweetness is tempered by the sandalwood and pink pepper. I was hoping the pink pepper would be MIA again. It's definitely a different beast on with the sandalwood base. As it continues to dry, more of that red mysore sandalwood comes out and its essentially an orangey version of the single note with a touch of cream.

White Sandalwood:

Again, an intense orange creamsicle smell on wet, but I get more a more peppery vanilla cream. The cream is the most prominent note actually overshadowing both the orange and the sandalwood. It seems like a struggle for dominance between pink pepper and cream on the drydown.

I'll update this spoiler in a bit and see what the final drydown is on both.

Well, this is a delight!

Foodies don't usually do well on me, but this sounded whimsical and fun, and it is. It's not a complex scent, particularly, and settles down quick and doesn't change, but it is well blended, and surprisingly pretty, and adult- it could have easily been a sickeningly sweet teen scent. The "cotton candy" is more of just a sweet, delicate cloud, and it melds with the orange and vanilla to smell almost tropical. I can't say I smell the pepper, but I think it's what's keeping things from getting overly sweet. It's low throw, but has surprising staying power- I'm about 12 hours in and it's still pretty clear when huffing my wrists. It's not really my style, regardless, so I will not be getting a bottle, but I'm glad I picked up an imp and will enjoy it! It will be lovely in the summer, or when I wish it were the summer...

I'm so in love with this scent. I agree with the previous poster on nearly everything. I think this is a great "anytime" scent, so I will wear it often.

I had to go back and try this again once I read "orange creamsicle". I can see that now, but it's definitely not what I smelled initially. I think the pepper helps ground it so it's not overwhelmingly sweet. It brings an earthiness to it that's not "dirty". I feel like this is a hard to define scent. But it's definitely a happy scent. I will be looking for backups of this, for sure.

Jiggery Pokery (such a cute name) is definitely a sweet yummy orange creamsicle on me. It has a strong sweet orange candy note mixed with a vanilla cream note. A vanilla ice cream note too me. It's very fun!! I don't get much cotton candy at all. The throw is amazing at first but fades to a lovely skin scent for hours after that. Wish the throw stuck around longer but love this anyway! :)