Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rymorg2

Recs for lighter scents

Hello all!! It's been awhile since I have been here! I'm planning on building up my bpal collection more soon and need some recs. I can only do lighter fragrances usually with a few exceptions. I have 16 5 ml bottles onhand and zero imps lol. Here's what I have....can you recommend some similar fragrances? Maybe starting with ones along the lines of Dana O'shee and Baobhan Sith which are my two faves.

I have:

Dana O'shee

Baobhan Sith

Eat Me (a little strong but I dilute it with a carrier oil)

Punkie Night 2010

Akuma

Phobos

Ginger Skulls 2010

Embalming Fluid

Phantasm

pomegranate II, 2010 I think

Bewitched

Muse

Shanghai

Swank

Beaver Moon 2010

Lick it Vigorously 2010

Tia!! I'm so excited to build up my collection!!

Shattered and Mag Mell are lovely for summer. I also really love Lemon Scented Sticky Bat. Mouse's Long Sad Tale gets a lot of love, too. If you like florals, Mata Hari is sweet and sexy, but not heavy. And Absinthe is similar to Embalming Fluid, but I like it a little better.

Thank you! Mods I'm so sorry, I just found the other main rec thread. My apologies! Can they please be merged? Thanks

I want to throw a few in:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat

White Rabbit

Neutral

LE: Serving Tea After Coitus

If you like Baobhan Sith, Kumiho is basically the same scent without the grapefruit. Need to look through my list of GCs and see what else I've tried that you haven't already listed. I was going to recommend Phantasm as well. Smells like Lush Avobath. Mmm

For LE's - I find Venustas to be pretty light on me. Also Daddy.

ETA - Shattered is also really pretty is you like light mint scents.

Edited by TallGrrl78

I just tried (and reviewed) my frimp of Vasalissa, in the Marchen category: She herself had cheeks like blood and milk and grew every day more and more beautiful: creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

It sounds like something you would like. It's a sweet but soft, creamy pink musk. I get no jasmine stink (sorry, jasmine lovers but it hates me) and I think it is great for this time of year.

Lady of Shalott

Amsterdam

Fae

Alice

Pele

Regan

Ophelia

Queen Gertrude

Water of Notre Dame

Katharina

Lyonesse

Last Unicorn

Fairy Bites

Edited by sprout

Nothing new to add, but I'd like to second the recommendations for Kumiho, Pele, and Mag Mell!

All of them are very light scents with some amount of ginger (which you seem to like based on the scents you listed). Kumiho is the lightest, IMO, but is also dry and not sweet (which may or may not be up your alley). It is pretty much pure, leafy tea with a little ginger. Pele is a lovely, slightly warm, aquatic with a definite sweet floral note alongside the ginger. Mag Mell is sweet, grassy, and amber-y and not quite as light as the others, but still lovely and not heavy.

I'm going to throw some Lunacies in the mix that all have grapefruit in them in case that's what you like about Baobhan Sith: Hunger Moon, Hungry Ghost Moon & Cheshire Moon. They last pretty well on me, too.

I adore Hunger Moon especially! The notes only list citrus rind but it seems like grapefruit.

Nice light apples: Glittering Apple of the Stars & Rapunzel in Ballpoint.

Dorian & Tattered Lace are fantastic on me in hot weather. It's the tea with the vanilla & lemony mystery notes combo (the fougere in Dorian, something fresh in Tattered Lace).

I just tried (and reviewed) my frimp of Vasalissa, in the Marchen category: She herself had cheeks like blood and milk and grew every day more and more beautiful: creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

It sounds like something you would like. It's a sweet but soft, creamy pink musk. I get no jasmine stink (sorry, jasmine lovers but it hates me) and I think it is great for this time of year.

I second this. It's very feminine, soft and sexy.