Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Sophies6

Which Chaos Theory Blends do you like/recommend?

Hi, New to Bpal here. Im putting together an order. I'd really like to grab something from the Chaos Theory collection. My fragrance taste is pretty much across the board.

What's available in the collection is an impressive representation of different scent categories.

Anything stand out as an excellent trope? I'd love some feedback. Thanks :)

Hi!

I've been reading the reviews and it seems they are all over the place. Some of them seem to fall outside their category. So - if your taste is across the board, you are in luck because you can't really be sure of what you're going to get. There's no way to pick exactly what your Chaos Theory is going to smell like. For me, that's the whole point and that's the fun of it! But not everyone wants to gamble.

I went with Animalic and Floral. If these had come out a year or two ago, I definitely would have gone for Woods and Oriental first. But I feel like over time, my tastes have changed and I also have a little bit of a better understanding of what works for me. Both of mine are great, really interesting and unusual.

I want to get a Gourmand one because so many of my favorite scents have some kind of gourmand element. And I think I want another Animalic, that category just intrigues me. Floral is more of a gamble for me but there's the possibility that it could be something I really like (and I do like the one I got).

I don't know - I guess it's more of a gut feeling, reading the descriptions and thinking about the scents I already have that I love, and going with my instinct on the categories. Then the rest is up to chance. It's a fun experience.

edit to add: Also, there's a whole discussion in Bpal Chatter about the recent Chaos Theory update, where people talk all about the different categories and give mini-reviews of the ones they got - follow this link:

http://www.bpal.org/topic/86879-the-golden-apple-has-been-thrown-lacus-bonitatis-chaos-theory-vii-are-live/

Edited by Forspecial Plate

Hi!

I second the above link. You can also head to the Reviews subforum --> Limited Editions (scroll down) and find threads for each of the current CT series.

I ordered Oriental and Gourmand this round. My Gourmand is spot on what I expected (toasted nuts & chocolate), while the Oriental reads more in the floral category to me.

Take the chance; it's fun :D

Sign in to follow this