Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hello all,

Any recs for scents that smell ethereal? Light, delicate, girly, spiritual etc. I want to smell like a fairy, basically.

I've searched for topics like this one and haven't found anything like this, but I"m new here. So if this needs to be taken down, I'll gladly comply.

Hi there! :)

I have tried coming up with some GC's, but I can't really recall any ethereal ones that aren't discontinued :(

But I do have some ideas for LEs, though!

The recent Bards of Ireland blend, The Fairy Thorn is very fairy-ish and ethereal! :)

Also the Lilith blend from last year, Ghost Houses, seems very ethereal to me, and is actually one of my personal favorites.

Both are very light with some interesting, different florals and an air of mystique and wistfulness.

ETA Oh, and also Under the Harvest Moon! One of my all-time favorites, and very autumny-ethereal.

Edited by Aviatrix

I haven't tried a ton of scents yet, but I did find The Ghost (white iris, osmanthus, Calla lily, tomb-crawling ivy and a coffin spray of gladiolus, lisianthus and delphinium) to be somewhat ethereal. Experiences may vary of course, but on me it was a soft white powdery floral with a touch of rainwater. Raindrops on flower petals. I didn't find it at all sinister despite the description.

Some suggestions that all evoke that fairy feel for me (GC and LE):

A Nocturnal Reverie - Violet musk and oudh with black amber, ambergris, agarwood, black currant, dark musk, fig, and lavender incense.
The East - Bluebonnet, passion flower, freesia, jasmine tea, mint, thyme, and redcurrant.
Fae - White musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.
The Fairies - Apple blossom, white clover, huckleberry wine, dandelion sap, milkweed, primrose, thyme, pink moss, thorny thistles, and opium pod.
Leanan Sidhe - A crush of Irish herbs and flowers, Gaelic mists, and nighttime dew.
The Lilac Wood - Ageless trees, everblooming flowers, brilliant grass, and soft shadows.

I like fruity florals so my apologies if you find some of these a bit on the sweet side but try Sjofn, Titania, Elf, Fae, Zephyr, Phantom Wooer, Baobhan Sith, Sea of Glass, Amsterdam.

From the un-impable section (but you should be able to find decants in the Sales/Swaps): Door, Lady Una, The East, Jasmine Cottage, Coraline Jones, The Ghost Children, Blithe Hollow, Lady Amalthea, The Last Unicorn.

Fairy Thorn, Titania, Dormouse, La Belle Au Bois Dormant, The Unicorn (discon), and definitely give Snow White a whirl when Yule rolls back around or if you can get a decant.

Elf

Serving Tea After Coitus

The Ghost

Love-in-Idleness

Neutral

Yellow Metal with Mingled Purple Blushes

The Phantom Queen is oh so gorgeous and ethereal but I don't think we'll ever meet again :cry2:

But I just acquired a bottle of The Last Unicorn so I'd like to add that as a recommendation! It's a little ethereal and slightly earthy at the same time. It's very pretty.

Leanan Sidhe is one of my HG scents. It's close to being a water fairy IMO.

Fairy Thorn is good too, and has a bit of a bite (though that might age out).

Though maybe an "outside the box" scent is Black Butterfly Moon. I always think dark and ethereal when I wear it. It very truly has a "black" feel, but it's feather soft and light as air.

Edit: Thought of another, though finding it will be difficult as it's discontinued. Fairy Market from Stardust.

Also Snow White gives me an ethereal feel too.

Edited by claudia6913

Unfortunately all are discontinued or limited but here are my recs

Spirits of the Dead

The Unicorn

Asphodel

Enraged Bunny Musk

Edited by sprout

The discontinued scent Moonshine and Mist is also very ethereal, but also very light (at least on my skin) :smile:

FAEU BOULANGER

I thought this was an effect of bioluminescence, but it seems there is no source. Could it truly be a soul trapped within this glass dome? Impossible.

Mushroom gases, swamp mist, green mint, and bog violet

I think the most ethereal blend I ever tried had to be the Evening Star.

Some of the lunacies are pretty ethereal...

Montes Harbinger, a lunacy, is ethereal to me and I have sen it a few times recently on the sales thread.

Bumping! I would like to smell like a fairy queen. Any current recs or new thoughts? :)

Lullaby (Crimson Peak), Esbat (Haute Macabre)--evidently ethereal is spelled "moonflower" in my head at the moment

The Fairy Thorn is my recommended scent for smelling like a fairy queen.

Unless of course you can get your hands on some Queen Mab, but she's hard to get.

Edited by sprout

Lullaby (Crimson Peak), Esbat (Haute Macabre)--evidently ethereal is spelled "moonflower" in my head at the moment

Yes, moonflower is such an ethereal scent to me. A lot of the fairy scents I have tried had fruity notes I didn't like, and to me moonflower is just the right mix of a fruity floral with that sort of floating, ethereal quality. I am always looking for more moonflower for this reason.

I actually wear Lullaby to bed in hopes I will dream of other worlds. :)