Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aviatrix

Rice flower scents!

Hello all :)

I have recently fallen in love with rice flower as a scent, and now I am trying to find all the BPALs I can with that note.

So far I already have Plovers Above the Waves, which is not super rice flower on me.

I read about Diwali, but was wondering if anyone could elaborate on how the rice flower note is in that one?

Any other recommendations will be most welcome :D

Diwali is beautiful. It's a really mild, soft skin scent, almost like rice pudding, but without being foodie. It's one of my favorites. A great one for summer, because it's not overpowering in the least.

Diwali is beautiful. It's a really mild, soft skin scent, almost like rice pudding, but without being foodie. It's one of my favorites. A great one for summer, because it's not overpowering in the least.

Yay! Judging from the notes it sounds lovely, too. I should probably give it a try - I love anything rice related :)

I've actually recently been looking for scents with the exact same element/elements! Tamamo-no-Mae is the most pure/straightforward rice flower scent I've worn from BPAL, I think--it can come across a bit soft peachy on my skin, and there's a very soft and gentle element of incense/sandalwood, but to me most of the other notes seem to play into and enhance the impression of rice flower (with a hint of rice candy, like the ones you can get in most Chinatowns). I'd be really curious to hear what other recs people come up with. :)

I've actually recently been looking for scents with the exact same element/elements! Tamamo-no-Mae is the most pure/straightforward rice flower scent I've worn from BPAL, I think--it can come across a bit soft peachy on my skin, and there's a very soft and gentle element of incense/sandalwood, but to me most of the other notes seem to play into and enhance the impression of rice flower (with a hint of rice candy, like the ones you can get in most Chinatowns). I'd be really curious to hear what other recs people come up with. :)

Thank you so much for that recommendation, it sounds truly lovely! :)

i second Tamano no mae, it is amazing but quite difficult to find..I'm a rice lover too and have to give a try to Diwali

Edited by Elmifra

I participated in a Lilith decant circle and tried My Baby & a Baby Goat which is like a rice flower, foodie scent. I adore it - it's cozy and cuddly and perfect as a winter foodie scent for me because it makes me want to curl up under the covers with a good book. I definitely want to try more rice flowers based on this now.