Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Atrous

Chaos Theory VII: Floral

Any manner of flowers – pale or bright, crisp or sultry – will form the base of these Chaos blends.

Out of all the Chaos, Floral was the one I was most iffy about getting.
Now I'm glad I did.
Something pulpy and I want to say it's Bamboo. Peru Balsam is definitely a note in this scent. There's a slightly sugary floral dancing around the edges but for the life of me I can't pin it down.
Occasionally, I get whiffs of Sweet Pea but just a smidgen. There's an aquatic component to this, very slight, that comes off as fresh water as apposed to salt water.
Light and cheerful and ethereal. Great for Spring and Summer. This bottle's a keeper. :wub3:

I could smell this one when it was sitting in the box! Sweet and creamy and familiar, hm... it seems to have some kind of complexity when wet. It hit my skin, and then the note hit me: coffee!!!

I ADORE coffee, and I've always been disappointed at how rarely it pops up in BPAL blends. On my skin, this smells like a cafecito and nothing else-- nothing particularly floral. And I am totally fine with that! :coffee:

I received bottle #30. Fill level is low for a CT - just under top of shoulder.

This is very floral. White flowers, maybe a bit of tuberose, some rose and maybe iris. You can smell the greenness with the flowers - like they are fresh cut. These flowers are sweet and soft and feminine. There also seems to be a bit of "wetness" to it as well, as though they are fresh cut flowers just placed in a vase full of water.

I was worried about the Floral CT's, but this one is very nice!

This is bottle #43. The oil is just to the shoulder and clear.

This is slightly sharp but very spicy. Seems to have some sort of fuzzy brown undertone which is maybe a tonka and brown musk. Has a strong resemblance to Fruminious Bandersnatch while fresh - but becomes more of a cousin as it dries. There's a bit of a water feel as well so maybe some tuberose. Seems like it has some orchid as well with that hot house scent.

I really like this blend. It's sweet and heady with a bit of spice. The sharp note has died down as it dries.

There's a soapy undertone that's trying to come out. Fresh dragon's blood goes pure soap on me, but the oil color doesn't reflect dragon's blood so maybe a rose instead as some of them can go soapy fresh too.

Edited by claudia6913

I'm so glad I tried the Floral! I've got a decant of #33.

Wet in decant: I have no clue what this is, but it's vaguely familiar. I used to work in a lab, and it's reminding me of one of the aldehydes that we used. That's not a bad thing, I just can't describe it any better than that.

Wet on skin: Is that jasmine? I can't tell! I think it's jasmine mixing with something else that I can't quite put my finger on. Something sweet.

Dry on skin: OMG this is gorgeous! I love this smell. It's a very "soft yellow" type of smell, if that makes any sense. It's a very soft sweet floral, like a blend of jasmine, lilac, and maybe lily? There's something vaguely clean about it, so I'm thinking maybe cotton blossom too since that always registers as "clean" to me. I'm having a horrible time picking out individual notes because it's so well blended, but it's absolutely beautiful.

huh...coffee? Where am I ...

OK sorry these are my first Chaos Theories, forgive my confusion.

First, both my bottles were super full.

The number on my Floral is 86.

Starts off with a nasty rose, sort of a combination of the rose in Spellbound and the one in Seance. That leaves and an equally nasty lily comes in . That said, I kind of like it. It smells like my garden right now, sort of overblown and rotted by the sun.

I do smell the greens in here, but they smell combined with some that have been cut down and are in the bin I just put to the curb to be picked up tomorrow by the recyclers.

I don't know if it's my favorite BPAL but I am so happy to have it.

I am riveted by how this keeps changing, and I have no clue why I didn't buy all of the others.

Fascinating.

well, a week out of the mail box, and things have improved, the nasty rotting flowers have all been thrown in the garbage and hauled away, and we are left with much sweeter things. This one is a keeper for sure, lovely.

Edited by stellamaris

The number on my floral is 76.

Wet: I've... smelled this before... it's very familiar. It doesn't smell like flowers.

On skin: APPLE BLOSSOM, and a fresh, fleshy apple fruit.

A little later: Oh, yeah, that's a bit of jasmine. Please don't amp!

About twenty minutes: Oh, yeah... it's jasmine. Not a bad one, but I turn jasmine into single notes. It still has a hint of apple. So, like an exotic apple jasmine. Although the apple is really faint, I keep thinking of cutting open an apple and smelling the core, but sitting by a big jasmine bush.

Very tropical. Sultry.

What a random thing! I would usually never pick this type of scent.

Decant of Floral #44

Wet in decant: Pure honeysuckle.

Wet on skin: It's that same single honeysuckle note again, with nothing else there. It's like I'm walking through one of the local gardens, and then stumble into and get tangled in honeysuckle.

Dry on skin: Fantastic throw! This decant is like a single note honeysuckle instead of a blend of multiple notes. It's beautiful and very comforting for me. I have a feeling I'll go through this decant very quickly, because this is something I'd wear every day. Absolutely fantabulous.

Edited by BellaKatrina

I was too scared to get a full bottle of florals but I plumped for a decant of bottle #57. It took me awhile to figure out what I was smelling, and then I realized: LILAC. Possibly some rose or carnation as well. But lots and lots of lilac. Luckily for me it's one of the few florals that I love unreservedly :) It's one of my earliest scent memories -- there was a lilac bush in front of my preschool! I'm *really* happy I got a decant of this and I will definitely be wearing it!

Floral #56

This one is creamy, with a kick of lime. I swear, I've smelled this before. For me, this is classic white florals, with a touch of almond maybe? Clean, fresh, classic.

Floral #57

Sweet pea, perhaps bamboo? I think there might also be some tuberose in this? So sweet, somewhat high pitched florals over a bed of green wood.

When I first got my bottle I liked it but I couldn't identify what it was exactly. I'm going to attempt to finally review this even though I'm awful at picking out unknown notes. :P

One note I can definitely identify is citrus. Normally I'm not a fan of citrus, since it turns to hard candy on me. Here, though, it actually smells good, and it isn't at all tangy, so I can only conclude it's a citrus blossom of some kind. Orange or lemon blossom. I can't exactly tell but I think it's more likely lemon. And definitely a tree blossom and not lemon verbena because lemon verbena smells like Pledge on me. :lol:

The citrus is less pronounced after a while (though it still adds a beautiful freshness to the blend overall) and then everything just gets wonderfully sweet. I can't even begin to place the sweetness, haha. I don't think it's vanilla... maybe tonka? Or benzoin? The sweet note smells rich, almost gourmand, but not too foody or overpowering. Overall it's just a beautiful mix of sweet and fresh and I really super love it. :wub2:

This smells like a sweet peach blossom or nectarine. Sweet, juicy, peachy. There's a whiff of a white floral, which is why I say blossom but other than that its a candy-sweet fruity peachy scent. Medium throw and wear length.

Fruitier than expected when wet, but it doesn't take long for the jasmine to step in, and it's an indolic, classic jasmine. They parry for a bit, but eventually the fruitier aspects win out and it's a nice fruity with jasmine beneath. Bath and Body Works had a scent like this for awhile that I really liked - this is, of course, a much nicer version of it. I love it!

I'm not an expert on floral scents but this smells like tuberose single note to me.  It's definitely floral (obviously), with no background notes that I can detect.  I compared it to Easter Lily single note, that scent is a touch soapy and powdery, and this isn't like that.  This actually resembles Tubereuse Criminelle, a little bit (I had a sample once), cool and rubbery and almost a hint of menthol about it.  So yeah......tuberose!