Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A flourish of gardenias and gunpowder.

Peppery florals right out of the bottle and on my skin. Whoof! Gunpowder dry! But those white florals are there, kind of like in Tissue and other comparable gardenias. And then, the gardenias bloom and I have gardenias starting to rise above the initial dry pepper. There is still a marvelous lushness for this white floral. I can't get away with shoving flourishes of gardenia into everyone around me, but if you can get away with that kind of behavior, please, obtain Kate Fulton. Especially if you love gardenias, since this reminds me of walking by those bushes when I was living in the South. In the end it's mostly a bouquet of gardenias, kissed by pepper.

Kate, you and I were never ever going to work out. You've got that same gunpowder note as in Gun Moll, which is dark and peppery. And one of my least favorite florals, ever, gardenia. So on wet, this smells like wet wool and gunpowder (so perhaps oddly apropos for anyone dreaming of the Gabaldon's Highlander series), which dry to deeply Southern belle gardenia - rich and sultry and very in your face - while still having some gunpowder drooling in the background. At this point in the game, you sort of remind me to Interview with a Vampire, very Southern, deadly, and in general so in your face about... well, everything.

If you enjoy gardenias and don't like them to be subtle or safe, try this.

Heady gardenia at first. Thisb is different. Up close its a nneded powdery sour floral, and whatbim smelling around me is heady gardenia. This smells like the gardenia my mom likes, tropical heady floral. Not my thing. It reminds me of the Dior perfume that's a heady floral that my mom wears. Cant think of the name. At any rate, its not for me.

This is a smoky, unusual, and sexy gardenia on my skin. I don't always love gardenia on myself since it tends to overwhelm any other note it's paired with, and sometimes feels a little thick or overly heavy. But I love the smell of them in general. This actually works on me though since the gun powder is tamping down the gardenia and making it less floral and more mysteriously edgy. I can't really tell that it's gun powder I'm smelling, but then again I don't really have a point of reference. I get a smoky, sultry, slight sharpness that is so beautiful with the milky, creamy thickness of the gardenia. There's a nice balance of masculine and feminine, which is really appealing. I've been loving it for the warm nights here, it's like that perfect unexpected pairing with a skimpy sundress.

This was gardenias and gunpowder on me. I love both, but for some reason, my skin doesn't like them both on me! I have a partial I'm going to sadly need to sell.

A bitter floral. It's not something I've smelled before. On my skin, the gardenia really amps, and the rest sorta stays in the background. Gardenia's are unfortunately not for me but I really don't find this unpleasant!

I like gardenia when it's sweet and creamy, like monoi oil, but these are perfumey, heady, white floral, musky smelling gardenias. I get a hint of green stem and the gunpowder smells strange on me, sort of like rust, black pepper and smoke. But this is mostly a sharp white floral that goes slightly soapy on me in the drydown.