Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Champagne-splashed amber with vanilla, ambergris accord, Damascus rose, white patchouli, and leather.

Immediately, a flush of bright champagne note, a bubbly sharp and dry grape-y scent, very alcoholic. Similar to fresh Bon Vivant. The note does die down a bit after application and some time for the scent to settle on the skin, but the predominant crisp 'yellow gold' of the champagne lingers. As that top note dissipates, there is a slightly deeper yet still not very heavy base of a cool leather (not terribly brawny), and the patchouli and amber are not very strong. This reads as a fruity, fresh, slightly bright leather scent (think White Rider). Though rose is in the note list, I don't actually get much at all! Since I am a rose amper, this may be circumstance versus a very small amount of rose actually in the blend. Deep inhale, I do get some of the lighter patchouli, yet still tons of the champagne fruit note. While fresh and forward, this is not the kind of scent I tend to gravitate towards, since piercing fruits give this wolf a bit of a headache, but if you love teh bubbly notes, this is a good one.

Bubbly champagne like in Tammany Free and Easy /Vivement but that's where they part ways. The leather, amber, and patch give a dirtysexy vibe to this party. As the resins age and the champagne smooths out, this will be stunning. This bottle needs cellaring to be its best.

In the bottle this is the exact bubbly champagne note from Tammany Free and Easy (which I love). That carried over to my skin as the main impression when wet.

As it dried, the first other player to make itself known was a creamy vanilla. After giving it a little more time, everything else developed the bubbly into something richer.

Lasted a good long time on me, and the fun effervesence stayed true to the end.

Mattie Silks is a unique addition to keep in my collection :)

Couldn't be happier w/ my DCC picks!

yep, at first this is 100% champagne in a huge life-size glass. very fresh and zingy!

i think after maybe 5 minutes or less i sense the ambergris, it's getting a little salty. a hint of vanilla, and maybe some leather but it is overwhelmingly champagne on me. later on the amber comes through, maybe a tiny hint of the damascus rose too. it seems to be mostly champagne, amber and a hint of rose on my skin. later on i do get more vanilla and patchouli which rounds out the scent nicely. in the end it's a lovely amber-patchouli-vanilla with champagne. such an interesting scent, i never smelled one quite like it.

I really wanted to love this one, it smells absolutely divine in the decant but just does not agree with my skin. I love the bubbly champagne that comes across at first sniff and was crossing my fingers that this would work since rose notes tend to go bad on me. Sadly this was the case, and it turns to straight up soapy rose on me when applied. Sigh.

Mattie! You surprise me so so much. So yes to the bright champagne fizz, vanilla and touches of ambergris which all makes you turn into.... VANILLA COKE. But like a vanilla coke perfume. I am utterly flabbergasted by you. Seriously. I mean, I'm not a foodie person and yet, I sort of am beguiled by your vanilla coke charms.

Off to find a partial.

This is SUPER fizzy. It doesn't really read as champagne to my nose, but definitely something bubble, like soda. It pretty much overpowers all the other notes, except I get a little bit of leather in the background. I'm not getting anything in the way of patchouli or rose.

It is nice enough, but ultimately too champagne-y for my tastes.

All of the notes in this are full of complete win for me - except leather, which is super iffy. So I am a little scared as I try this. So much potential to be awesome, or totally terrible. I should note though, that I can smell the Lab's champagne note before I even open the bottle, and that gives me a lot of hope - LOVE the Lab's champagne note!

Wet: Bright, fizzy champagne, with something darker underneath. The patchouli/rose combo, I think is what I am picking up. And is the ambergris ever amazing with champagne! This is making me so happy. I can't stop sniffing it. The leather hasn't shown up yet. There's an almost buttery note in there - maybe the vanilla? The throw comes off a bit soapy, but not in the least bit unpleasant.

Dry: This is super interesting. The fizziness calms down, and the buttery vanilla and earthy patchouli come out. I really really like it, but it's hard to describe. It smells clean and bright and gritty and dirty at the same time. So glad the leather didn't ruin this on me though.

BPAL's champagne note is like catnip for me! Sometimes it can go to crystalline on me, but the amber and vanilla really warm this up, and I am noticing that white patchouli is an okay patchouli on me. The rose is there, subtle, but still there, so this is pretty much all my favorite notes and surprise, white patchouli that works on me.

Got this as a frimp in a swap.

Lots of champagne (which is fizzy and sickly-sweet on my skin) with an undertone of sharp rose soap and musky-amber from the ambergris. I don't like the lab's champagne note, and it's too strong in this for me, and it smells even more off to me with the soapy floral.

Champagne is the strongest note in this blend. It dries down to vanilla champagne with hints of ambergris and grittiness in the background.

There's no rose or leather to speak of.

I'm on the fence. I like it but I wish the leather had come out. I will probably retest before I decide whether to swap or keep.

In the bottle and wet it smells like Sprite. Vanilla amber makes itself known, maybe a hint of something salty. I can't find rose (a good thing in my opinion) or leather. I am a little surprised I like this (honestly.. do not even recall getting it, but apparently I did back in the day!), but I don't know that I would reach for it very often. 

Edited to add: As it dries down even further the fizz dissipates and it becomes a beautiful vanilla amber scent. Really very nice and more my style without the Sprite fizziness. 

Edited by Seajewel

Starts off with very bubbly champagne. It smooths out as it dries with just a hint of fizz over a super gorgeous vanilla-ambergris. As it dries further it gets more vanillic and the rose comes out a bit. It's blended well into the ambergris, and I can't pick out the patch or leather but I suspect they add a bit of the depth I'm getting. But it's not dark or heavy, the champagne is lightly fizzy and gives a sense of sheerness. A sensual, gossamer scent.

Edited by roseus