Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Old Homestead Atmosphere Spray

A luxurious, glamorous bordello and gaming house famous for its high-class ladies, high-stakes gambling, extraordinary service, and powerful clientele. Gleaming leather entwined with honeysuckle, ivory musk, and white gardenia.

Whoa, so weird. This is sprayed onto a microfiber cloth as a 'linen spray' so I don't mix it up with the other scents. Definitely a dry leather, like... um, Dee leather, or White Rider leather. The florals are definitely present and quite skatole-heavy. Maybe the gardenia? There's also that sharp peppery-leafy sweetness of honeysuckle petals and the grassiness. Then, perhaps the musk (white, I think?) is adding another tone of sweetness. The effect combines at first into a very... um, kind of fecal/skatole burst off the bat, mixed with leather this is very scary. I also for some reason huffing the cloth get 'squash and garden leaves' but I have no idea why. Initial burst is off-putting. However given a few minutes to calm down, this is a leather-planty, yellow-gold light floral, slightly herbaceous blend. I can definitely get the honeysuckle and gardenia after it's calmed down from the leather blast. I like both, so this is improving on pleasantness as it has a moment to settle. Very... interesting... I don't dislike it, but that first blast is something to get over, lol!

Honeysuckle lovers rejoice, this is gorgeous, fresh Honeysuckle a bit of soft sweet musk, and a grounding breath of leather. Fear not, the leather is barely detectable, just a whisper as if sitting down in a well worn cozy settee beside a table of rich southern blooms.

This is one beautiful atmosphere, perfect for our southern home!

My review pretty much echoes Ina Garten Davita's review. This is honeysuckle blooms, touch of sweet musk, hint of brown leather. This is really all about the honeysuckle, with enough of the musk and leather to come out and not make it one-dimensional, too sweet, or too floral. I always love the lab's honeysuckle note but its too sweet for me to wear. This is summery, sultry, and makes the bedroom smell gorgeous.

(and yes, old timey Southern plantation sort of rich summery. You know, the romantic notion like Scarlett O'Hara where we don't worry about political correctness, the horrible implications of racism, white privilege but rather about mint juleps, sweet iced tea, and the charm of the South).