Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Pearl Hair Gloss

The Soiled Dove of Cripple Creek, proprietress of the Old Homestead. An elegant, polished scent: vanilla orchid, Siamese benzoin, white fig, amber and tiare.

This is soft, and shiny, but subtle. Kind of like actual pearls! I have short hair, so I tested this on my skin (even if you're not supposed to). The tiare (pikaki?) and orchid rise to the surface and this is reading tropical very quickly to me, but the kind of fleshy tropical that you think of in rich tumbling leis of ivory petals. I definitely get fig as the next player, a fleshy sweetness, ripe, rich. Vanilla and benzoin play together as adding a hint of sugar beneath the now tropical flower-fig combination. Amber is probably there burnishing everything and grounding the other scents in a very quiet way. Definitely a classic white floral, with a bit of modern fig and vanilla to stabilize the high flower. I probably can't get away with using it, but it's beautiful!

Just gorgeous!

This smells so sophisticated but not stuffy in the least. It's slightly sweet from the fig and vanilla orchid and the amber gives it a golden vibe that isn't too powdery. It turns into a soft white floral the longer it sits on my hair and honestly I can't quit grabbing the ends of my hair and inhaling constantly. I can't describe this any other way besides screaming elegant and womanly. The first thing that popped into my mind was "I can see Keira Knightley's character in Pride and Prejudice smelling like this........ Or well her lovely locks anyway"

I think it pairs beautifully with scents like Venus Erycina which is what I wore when I tested it but I think it would pair well with other white florals, oriental florals and even sweet scents that aren't too on the foodie side. :wub2:

Edited by Haltija

Origin: Nabbed off the BPTP Etsy store

Initial Thoughts: This was the one Denver ComicCon product I really wanted to try, but didn't have enough money at the time to go searching for a fairy. So when I saw it on Etsy, I jumped. Vanilla orchid and tiare are favorites, I'm learning that my usual deal-breaking notes in perfume may work well on my hair, so the amber didn't frighten me as much as usual.

In the Bottle: An airy floral at first, very orchid and tiare. A second sniff and something seems a bit harsh. But the proof is in the spraying.

In my hair: Plenty of throw as I apply it in the bathroom and start drying my hair. And it's the most gorgeous floral - my overwhelming impression is of Coconut, Vanilla Bean, and Tiare HG, but without the coconut. The lovely floral side of CVBT is shining with no impression of tropical or suntan oil or sweet. The amber is staying quiet, which is just fine with me.

Verdict: So glad to have this! Again, it makes a great fresh counterpoint to CVBT's more warm summery impression. I'll keep my eyes out for a backup bottle in the future.

Edited by puck_nc

Pearl hair gloss is a lovely, very light white floral in my hair. The strongest notes are tiare and the vanilla orchid, and overall it comes across like tiare and a whisper of white flowers. There is little to no throw, but when I hold my hair to my nose, I can smell it lingering there. This is very subdued and pretty and will be great to wear to work this summer...I can't imagine this scent bothering anyone, and it stays very close to me. I also think this would be a fantastic hair gloss to bring on a tropical vacation!

Pearl is a subtle sophisticated white floral hair gloss. I get a slightly fruity (fig is that you), vanilla, orchid and amber. It smells like a high end salon product, actually. I find this a very gateway BPTP product in that it probably would appeal to someone that wasn't sure of the BPAL line, and this wouldn't push them out of their commercial comfort zone but can show you how much better things can be.

I got this on impulse, based on the comparison to CVBT. But I find this to be more perfumey than CVBT, more floral. I love it, but it's not the same vibe as CVBT. This is more of a feminine, sultry, scent.

I really do not like florals but Pearl is so soft on the floral department that it might as well not be a floral at all. Vanilla orchid is definitely being marked down at my own safe floral forever.

It also has an amazing staying power but it remains light and gossamer at a near constant.

Puddin, the blending on this? Amazing!

This is lovely. It's a light scent on me, shimmery, soft white floral. The amber plays as sweet tobacco on my skin. It stays very close to my skin, but I occasionally smell it, and keep wondering, "What smells so great?".

I layered Dorian over it, and it's fantastic. I want more in this scent. Everything in this scent.

I was able to order a decant of this from a fairy, and I'm glad that I got to try it. The tiara is very prominent, which is also true of CVBT HG on me. This is a lovely summery floral scent. I won't cry that I missed out on a whole bottle, though, because I prefer the CVBT just a little bit for a summer scent, and it's a GC.

I was lucky enough to snag this beauty from the Etsy store, along with a bottle of Mikado Saloon. And while I had an immediate reaction to Mikado upon first sniff, Pearl is an understated beauty. It is bottled love and hugs!!!

In the bottle, she is a gossamer soft floral being suspended by threads of vanilla. Not aggressive or cloying, but delicate and utterly unique. In my hair, she is an angelic, soft and cloud like scent, I imagine translucent flowers, and the vanilla is sheer loveliness. I can't believe how gorgeous this scent is.....

So imagine how glad I'll be to huff my nephew's head when my sister uses this! As much as I loved it, my hair ate it up, and I couldn't stomach the thought of this glorious scent being undermined by my hair so I gave it to my sister for my little nephew - his bottle of Boo is over half done and I was wondering which HG I should get for this little cuddlebug who makes my life and once I smelled Pearl, I knew this was it...... This scent should shine and sparkle and his hair will be just the ticket. Thank you Puddin' for putting up those precious bottles on Etsy!!

Just snagged this off Etsy, and when it arrived, I was so disappointed at first! There was a bit of transfer on the bottle, and even from that tiny amount, this was overwhelmingly screechy, high pitched, HAIRSPRAY. Blah! I almost didn't test it, it was so headache inducing.

I couldn't stand to spray it on my sleeve, like I usually do for testing, so I sprayed some on a tissue, and it was instantly transformed! Beautiful vanilla orchid and sweet benzoin. So nice. So I got braver and rubbed some on my skin - also lovely. It is still a very strong scent, I wouldn't want to use it as moisturizer, but a single spray in my hair will be perfect. Glad I tried this! I have never really had an HG morph so much from the bottle. I wonder what makes it smell so terrible in the bottle? I love all these notes. Weird. Anyway, I really like this and am glad after all that I splurged and got it.