Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viscosefiddle

Enable my habit: What would you recommend?

Heya everyone!

So after much sniffing and testing, I've begun to get a better 'feel' for what notes/scents I like. But being fairly new, I'm still wadding through the beautiful madness that is BPAL. I've got a few hardcore favorites but I'm always looking to expand! So I wanted to pitch some of my favorite notes/scents as well as some notes/scents I don't like and see how bad the habit can get with your recommendations! Muwhaha!

Scents/Notes I love:

NOTES: Peaches, apricots, sweet sugary vanilla, sugars, sugary honey, sweet or light roses, lavender, violets, gardenia, sweet cream, sweet milk, coconuts, marshmallows, sweet incense. Anything sweet/fluffy/floral/foody

SCENTS: Dragon's Milk, Le Serpent Qui Danse, Cheshire Cat, Bliss, Mouse Circus (Coraline), Strawberry Sufganiyot, Beaver Moon 2007 and 2010, Madame Tracy, Marie, London, Katherina, Aristocratic Couple, Mare Nectaris, Terra Vigors, Ivory Vulva, Youth's Disengagement, Josie (The District), A Rosy Colour Paints Her Claws, Roses Pearls and Diamons.

And then there are scents that don't fit my usual descriptions but worked really well! Like Drink Me, Black Lotus, Morocco and Anesthesia.

Scents/Notes I don't like or don't mix well with me:

NOTES: Patchouli, heavy musk, smoke, fire, leather, spices, woods, dirt, super 'green' floral scents, overly 'tangy' or 'bubbly' scents: for example, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat smells like Sprite on me. Overly "dark" scents or heavy/dark incense.

SCENTS: Old Demons of the First Class, Zombi, Bayou, O (I know, know! It just doesn't mix well with me), Splatter Comedy, B-Horror, Vice, Perversion, Signor Dildo, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat, Pleasant Embrace, Snow White, Two Five and Seven, #20 Love Oil, Eat Me, New Orleans, The Lady of Shalott, Mata Hari, Love Me, Bathsheba, Queen of Sheba.

Phew! Okay! That was a HUGE description! But thanks for reading everyone!

Edited by viscosefiddle

After reading through I think you should try...

Katrina Van Tassel (HTF)

The Vine

Son of biggerCritters

Strawberry Moon

Pink Moon

Beaver Moon 2011

Those are just the first ones that came to my mind! :wub2:

After reading through I think you should try...

Katrina Van Tassel (HTF)

The Vine

Son of biggerCritters

Strawberry Moon

Pink Moon

Beaver Moon 2011

Those are just the first ones that came to my mind! :wub2:

Ouuu!! I have tried Strawberry Moon and recently got a bottle of it :D It's so lovely! I'll definitely check the other ones!

;) first that come to mind...

Very Pink Surprise Cake

Boo ( any form )

Castitas BO

Obatala

Eden

The Other Hot Chocolate

Gelt

Venus Libitina

Against Idleness and Mischief

Halfling

Edited by vox pop

Velvet Unicorn

Liliths Tea Party

Tamora

Mouses Long and Sad Tail

TKO

Titania

Skytyping with Chemtrails

Reflected Vulva

The Last Unicorn

Lady Amalthea

Lady Death Savage

Pink Lace, Pink Phoenix, any of the Beaver Moons you haven't tried yet, The Unheavenly City, Reflected Vulva, Lump of Coal (if you can find it), Cake Smash, Alice, Obatala, Hope and Faith (CD:Siamese Twins), Sprinklecake, Zombie Apocalypse, Velvet Unicorn, Titania, Treat #1.....

Aglaea

Fae

Pandy

Slippery Poppy Tincture

Eden

Tis the voice of the Lobster

Glasgow

Jailbait

Prunella

for some more XD

Black Pearl

Hellcat

Belle Epoque

Obatala

Cockaigne

Mouse Long and Sad Tale

Dorian

Bon Vivant

Velvet

Sweets to the Sweet

Aglaea

Hell's Belle

Led Bijoux

Tamora

Titania

Mr. Nancy

Gobo

Belle Vinu

Victoria (Stardust)

Morgause

Detestable Putrescence

Euphrosyne

Opuhi

Brown Jenkins

Sprinkle cake

Cake smash

Sticky pillowcase

Boo

Candy corn covered candy apple

Perilous parlor

Half elf v4

Bigger Critter

Love's philosophy

Sugar Cookie

Wildcards:

Lyonesse

Hollywood Babylon

Embalming fluid

Desire

Night Gaunt

Akuma

Oleander Honey

Tokyo Stomp

Marquis deMertuil

Braving the Ice

Sugar Skull

Edited by sprout

Lots of great suggestions....

The Gorobble for marshmallow!! To me, the BEST marshmallow scent!! It's an LE so might be hard to find, but there ya go! :)

;) first that come to mind...

Very Pink Surprise Cake

Boo ( any form )

Castitas BO

Obatala

Eden

The Other Hot Chocolate

Gelt

Venus Libitina

Against Idleness and Mischief

Halfling

Oh my goodness! I never looked up Boo until now and it sounds like it would smell so delicious!

Pink Lace, Pink Phoenix, any of the Beaver Moons you haven't tried yet, The Unheavenly City, Reflected Vulva, Lump of Coal (if you can find it), Cake Smash, Alice, Obatala, Hope and Faith (CD:Siamese Twins), Sprinklecake, Zombie Apocalypse, Velvet Unicorn, Titania, Treat #1.....

Oh lord... Oh LORD. The hunt begins now for Cake Smash, Unicorns and Unheavenly cities.

Black Pearl

Hellcat

Belle Epoque

Obatala

Cockaigne

Mouse Long and Sad Tale

Dorian

Bon Vivant

Velvet

Sweets to the Sweet

Aglaea

Hell's Belle

Led Bijoux

Tamora

Titania

Mr. Nancy

Gobo

Belle Vinu

Victoria (Stardust)

Morgause

Detestable Putrescence

Euphrosyne

Opuhi

Brown Jenkins

Sprinkle cake

Cake smash

Sticky pillowcase

Boo

Candy corn covered candy apple

Perilous parlor

Half elf v4

Bigger Critter

Love's philosophy

Sugar Cookie

Wildcards:

Lyonesse

Hollywood Babylon

Embalming fluid

Desire

Night Gaunt

Akuma

Oleander Honey

Tokyo Stomp

Marquis deMertuil

Braving the Ice

Sugar Skull

This is such an awesome list - I'm definitely going to check out what I can at Dark Delicacies and the rest shall be a scavenger hunt!

I *may* have a "slight" obsession with finding the perfect vanilla. As it turns out, I like leather and patchouli, so your list is about half of mine

Edited by sprout

For sweet rose & marshmallow, I recommend Love: Marshmallows and rose sugar with whipped vanilla cream and a hint of strawberry.

You might like White Rose, too. It's a bit coconutty: White rose buds, with vanilla tea, benzoin, orris, coconut meat, and frankincense.

An awesome peach that deserves more love is Philommeides: Peach wine, carnation, lemon peel, osmanthus, blood orange, wood violet, and tuberose.

Edited by alterosen