Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
CrackedRose

Scents and colors

So the premise here is simple: I want to find fragrances that evoke certain colors in one's mind. In particular I want something that smells electric blue, but I'm curious what other scents people might associate with colors.

The first thing that pops into my mind is the Trading Post's Yule scent. Blue Snowballs - "Blueberry slush with a hint of lime and blackberry juice." Very fruity and BLUE! :)

Blue Fire (Papaya, blueberry, lemongrass, and gin) was definitely electric blue. Unfortunately it's dc'ed, but you can still find bottles now and then. Edited by Balame

It's not pure blue, but mostly blue... and definitely electric -

Phobos - Chilling white musk, lemon verbena, white grapefruit and lemongrass

Edited by Cactus

This weekend I went to a perfume workshop and one of the exercises the perfumer had us do is smell different scents and label them with colors, shapes, textures and seasons. Everyone came up with different answers for the scents, which was the perfumers' point: people associate colors etc differently.

That being said...electric blue for me would be Lear with white cedar, blue sage and bay leaf.

Electric blue sounds like a scent I would stay far, far away from. I'm guessing it would have a lot of ozone in it. Maybe Lurid, or Luminous Phasmatis? Never tried them but they sound fitting to me.

As for scents that have strongly evoked colors for me...

Sin and Satyr are orange-red.

Mr. Jacquel and Morocco are sandy beige.

Black Tower is green with flashes of red.

Burial is dark green.

Event Horizon is dark indigo.

Azathoth is almost black.

Pele and Obatala are white.

Yeah, I'm one of those who colour code all scents.. it's part of how I organise them, both in my head and in my personal files, and is basically the starting point for my daily choices ("I just wanna wear something green today"). So fragrances that evoke certain colours? ALL OF THEM. :P

I'm with Dusk when it comes to electric blue, though. I'm no good with blues at all (ha), it's mostly aquatics and atmospheric ozoney stuff, perhaps some spring flowers... and blueberries, of course. Mostly stuff I've stayed away from. Blue Fire sounds like a perfect fit.

Sign in to follow this