Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Atrous

Revenant Rhythm Hair Gloss

A tousled, sexy mix of patchouli, vanilla, and hemp.

Want to preface this review by saying that BB oil didn't work because hemp turns to BO on my skin. But, I really loved the Patch and Vanilla notes so I took a chance on the HG.

Okay, so now the HG:
In my hair the hemp is, well, hemp. Yeah!
Patchouli has a dirty vibe and the vanilla is luxurious.
I think the three notes are nicely balanced.
Short review but that's all it really needs.
This HG is a huge win for me! :wub2:

Oh WOW!!
Ok....so, this review comes from someone who loathes the smell of patchouli! BUT I got a bottle of this HG because I know that Beth and crew have a way of making it not smell so.....dirty.

In the bottle: A very yummy smoky vanilla! I do get the teeniest hint of something herbal, but it isn't "green" if that makes sense!

In damp hair: OH MY! THIS is AMAZING!! I get the slightest bit of the hemp (and it is very tame and lovely) and that vanilla.....so amazing. It does have a smokiness to me....not like smoke from a fire, but toasted.

DO not hesitate to get this while you can! HUGE win indeed!! Off to order another!

I never tried the original oil, but judging from the HG, I can now see what the fuss is about! As has been said, pretty perfectly balanced patch, hemp, and vanilla. Sometimes vanilla goes plasticky on me, but not here. It's gorgeous, and the scent lasts all day in my hair. Most definitely hoard-worthy!

This is the longest lasting smelling HG EVAR!!!!!!!

OMG hoard worthy.....no, NO NOT hoard worthy. You don't wan't this HG I swear, it the devil!!!!!!

*snicker*

this is divine!

Revenant Rhythm hair gloss is really lovely. In my hair it's a vanilla-heavy blend that skews lighter on patchouli and hemp than I expected. There's a note that's a bit like caramelized sugar here that I love. I hope this sticks around at the Post, but just in case, I will make sure I have a backup.

This is the perfect companion to the bath oil and atmo spray. Sweet vanilla'd patchouli with a hint of hemp. Long-lasting in my hair, and even though my hair is short, I can get wafts of it. I applied it yesterday to freshly shampooed hair (a bit to damp hair to comb through and a bit more run through my curls after my hair was dry for extra shine and scent.). I could smell it on my pillowcase this morning! Definitely grabbing a backup bottle (even with my huge stash of hair glosses) because I need this in my life.

Amber & Patchouli hair gloss has been my favorite of all the glosses, and this equals it. Instead of the semi-sweet amber with the patchouli, RR is sweeter due to the vanilla, and the patchouli is also sweeter and more wearable around those who don't like patchouli. It is also sweeter than my well-aged (5 years) Banshee Beat, but it's the same scent, just without the aging.

Edited by Poenari

Imagine if you were able to make your hair smell like soft, warm patchouli with hints of sweet vanilla and the fresh organic scent of hemp... imagine if every time a gentle breeze lifts your hair you let its scent cuddle you and smile quietly to yourself because you know nobody else smells as awesome as you do. And then imagine if as a bonus you got soft silky hair.

Imagine no longer, my fine smelling friends, because you are able to! Right here, with this wondrous stuff!! It's no secret that Banshee Beat is my One True BPAL Love, and I have long been in the habit of anointing my locks with dabs of BB, so it's no surprise that this hair gloss fills me with joy. But even I am surprised at just how nice it is! Where BB is quite bombastic in its patchouli-vanilla-hemp-iness - there's no hiding that gnarly goodness BB delivers - this RR HG is much softer and subtle... overall sweeter and less oomphy. The scent is the same, but where Banshee Beat goes to 11 - Revenant Rhythm goes to about 4, but don't get me wrong... whilst I'm all about the gnarly uberness of BB, I think it's completely appropriate for a hair gloss to be less strongly scented. I get around 3-4 hours of good scent in my hair from this - after that it starts to fade pretty quickly but I can still detect little hints of fragrance up to 8-10 hours later. Previously, Amber & Patchouli HG has been my go-to... sorry, A&P, but you're going to be neglected for a while.

I would also like to mention that this is the first hair gloss I've bought that actually sprays a soft mist - all my other HGs squirt, which makes them a little difficult to apply. And here's the most fabulous thing of all - this is the only hair gloss I've tried so far that doesn't weigh my fine hair down and make it my hair icky. Some may say that's just lucky, but I say these are two more reasons why RR HG is magical. Now all I need is RR shampoo and conditioner and some RR body lotion so I can smell like this from head to toe, and my life will be complete.

Revenant Rhythm as a hair gloss is definitely vanilla heavy with a smokiness to it that comes from the patchouli. The other secondary player that I was surprised to smell was the hemp. Which adds a green overlay to it all. It's not secret that Banshee Beat was a patchouli behemoth to me, but Revenant Rhythm as a hair gloss makes it less intense and definitely more approachable. Still perhaps too BB for me, but between all of the BB scented products, the hair gloss has to be my favorite.

Oh wow......... Love love love *insert a million hearts here*

For some reason my Post package spent the night in my mailbox (mail delivery must have been after 6pm and I didn't check the mailbox till next morning) I literally RIPPED my package open and used my HG right away before I left the house for power yoga followed by hatha yoga and the scent cloud that enveloped me was gorgeous. This is the lovely Banshee Beat that we love, patchouli made cozy and dreamy when tempered with the vanilla and hemp. Patchouli can be either really screechy or too earthy but BB/RR was the one BPAL patch scent that worked for me!! I am so hopeful this one goes GC because to me, Revenant Rhythm is such a beloved scent and so undeniably BPAL, like Snake Oil and Dorian.

Great scent longevity and makes my hair feel so soft and almost renewed!! Thank you so much to everyone for bringing us this amazing hair gloss!

Edited by purplegirl

Revenant Rhythm is perfect as a bath oil, atmosphere spray, hair gloss, whatever you want to roll this stuff into, indeed it is all good. I would wear it in a box, I would spray it on a fox, I would wear it here or there, I would spray it anywhere. I like this Sam I am...and I cannot spell revenant to save my life...that's what spell check says anyway.

This says "BPAL " to me, like Snake Oil or O, smells like what I think BPAL is.

Edited by stellamaris

If anyone was wondering if Revenant Rhythm does smell like Banshee Beat, well the answer is a BIG yes:). Same lovely scent in my hair, but alas, the scent does not stay all that long. Sheesh I just tried the coconut vanilla and tiare hair gloss from when the glosses were first released, and the scent is strong and LASTS. I think I'm just going to not buy the glosses anymore. Why buy a scented hair gloss with scent that doesn't last...

I have never tried the original BB, but this is godly. It's just the PERFECT combination of notes - the vanilla really ties everything together. I have to agree with the "caramelized sugar" comparison, there's something almost candy-like about this. We got a bottle for my father for his birthday (he's a patchouli fan), but EVERYONE'S been hitting it and we'll probably need a backup or two at some point. Love.

MUST. HOARD. ALL. THE. RR Hairgloss!!! because DAYUM! I adore adore adore my BB but to have this has a HG? It's my go to Hair Gloss almost daily! I have thin fine hair but I find that a couple of spritzes on my wet hair makes it easy to detangle before blow drying!. Then the heat from the blow dryer seems to activate it and I'm walking in a lovely RR/BB cloud of goodness!

So. This is basically sex in a bottle. :whip:

I want to bathe in this stuff. So I may have to get the bath oil too. Lol.

Seriously though, super sexy on me. Smoky vanilla, patchouli that's almost sugared and not too overwhelming. I can't pick out the hemp once it's dry, but I think it's blended in there. This is just super sexy-sex, all the time. Dirty sexy, as opposed to clean and innocent sexy, if that makes any sense at all. That's really all I can do to describe it. The best thing would be for you to get yourself some and see what all the fuss is about. Totally worth it. (I may have been drinking at the time of this review. Cheers!)

I haven't tried the original Banshee Beat oil, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I first bought a decant of the RR atmo spray and feel in love with the scent and luckily was able to track down a bottle of the hair gloss. I was concerned that it would be too heavy with the patchouli and hemp, but isn't at all. It is very vanilla forward, and as a lover of all things vanilla this makes me so very happy. It smells like a lovely smoky/woody vanilla, with a kick of sweetness. This might be my most favorite hair gloss. :wub3:

Edited by dottie_doom

This is what every head shop or goth club has ever smelled like, in my head at least. This is essentially what I've wanted every patchouli heavy oil to smell like, it's really great, gritty but not dirty, dark but not overwhelming, woodsy and earthy and somehow honest. I totally can't wait for the oil to come out now.

It kind of reminds me of the Venice Boardwalk minus all the burning sage.

Edited by bridgetvoid

I've always wondered what all the hubbub was about with Banshee Beat, and now I know.

UUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Revenant Rhythm is just what's described on the tin: a thick, chewy vanilla'd patch with a light tinge of herbal woods from the hemp. It's unabashedly dirty yet sweet, gritty and soft. This, THIS is the magic sauce I've picked up in SO many of my favorite blends, so I know I'm going to have to get the atmo, the bath oil, and GALLONS of the perfume oil when it finally comes out.

This review isn't going to be very coherent because all I can think about when I smell my RR HG is ohhhhhhhhhmyyyyygoddddddddddd :bunnyluv: this hg feels like a warm blanket of cozy-ness for your hair, and if you have long hair like me this means you can smell like this FROM HEAD TO BUTT which is all I've ever wanted!!! it's even better than using a perfume oil!

Earthy, sweet, a bit dirty, comforting... I honestly want to bathe in this, sleep in (scented sheets of) this, and if I could eat it in a dessert I probably would. And honestly those of us who walk around with RR hairgloss are doing a favor to the world by spreading a cloud of it around wherever we go, the people NEED to see it's possible to smell this good!!! It's attainable!! The future is now.

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

Yep. This is Banshee Beat. Sweet, creamy vanilla with earthy patchouli and a slight, earthy, dark green edge from the hemp. I didn't like aged Banshee Beat, where it went slightly menthol/medicinal and the patchouli smelled off (sort of thin and dusty) to me, but this is like fresh Banshee Beat with lots of vanilla and rich earthiness.

The thing I like about BB and Revenant Rhythm... Its consistent. Both versions smell the same. Every bottle smells the same. Its a straight-forward scent. Warm, sexy, limb loosening patchouli hemp and vanilla. There's no side punches. No period chemistry ruined it today. No weather changes the way it smells. A signature scent thats hippie-ish but on the urban side of things. Easy to wear. ❤

I feel like this differs slightly from the perfume. I feel like there's a bit of cedar or something, since I get the slightest hint of pencil shavings. Overall, it's got a strong throw, and it's a lovely patchouli sweetened by vanilla. What a winner!

i got as little decant of RR to see what all the fuss was about. yep it's patchouli and vanilla primarily with a hint of hemp. patchouli is hit or miss for me, depending on the blend, but i like it in this. this smells a little like earthy chocolate for some reason, and i like it. after awhile that sweetness seems to disappear somewhat and it's mostly a dry patchouli and hemp. this isn't something i would wear a lot but would like on occasion, especially in cooler weather.

This is absolutely worth the hype. I never knew I loved hemp so much until BB/RR. It's an earthy, chewy patchouli and vanilla beauty. Absolutely addicting. This is amazing for cooler weather and lasts for a very long time in my hair.

I don't have a bottle of RR, but I have BB which this will compliment nicely. Now I need to hunt down a RR bottle. This is fantastic stuff.

ok, i’ve had this bottle for a little while now and have been waiting to write a review after testing a few times.

i am fully a gourmand / foodie / marshmallow / vanilla / fruity perfume lover, and don’t really ever extend much beyond that, but i’ve been curious about this one and really wanted to try it.

it’s much different than i imagined! i always avoid things with patchouli, i just generally assume i don’t like it as i associate it with wax melts or candles i’ve smelled and didn’t like - but this is VERY different from anything i’ve smelled. 

i do mostly get vanilla out of this, to be fair, and more hemp than i do patchouli, but i do enjoy this. i don’t know that it’s something i can see myself wearing, but i found myself sniffing my wrist every two seconds while i was testing it. (tested on skin as i don’t like wearing oils in my hair)