Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Pele Hair Gloss

Whimsical, temperamental, radiant and ravishingly beautiful Goddess of Volcanoes, Fire, Lightning and Dance. She is the Mother of Eruptions and the personification of destructive power. Volcanic eruptions are said to be a side-effect of her jealous rages and her epic quarrels with her siblings are legendary. This perfume embodies her gentler, benign aspect as the capricious Goddess of Dance: muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I love Pele the scent, but the perfume fades on me so fast that I never bothered to get a bottle. I was eager to try other forms in hopes of getting it to last.

In the Bottle: Rich and warm tropical flowers, creamy and smooth.

In the Hair: The bath oil on my skin brought out the ginger without it taking over. In my hair the ginger is staying very, very quiet. I am not at all displeased by this.

Verdict: If you've been looking for a hair gloss that is subtle enough to use at work, this is one possibility. If a lot of florals cause you problems (rose, jasmine, etc.) but you like the idea of florals, give this a try.

I wasn't super crazy about Pele as a perfume. It's a big lush tropical perfume blend.

The hairgloss is another beast.

It's a subtle, slightly tropical, blast of ginger, florals. It's clean, lush, and totally smells like salon hair.

The best word to sum this up: FANCY.

ETA: Also, FANCY BEACH HAIR. This is what hair smells like in music videos/films where you're running through a white sandy beach, pristine blue water, and the sun is shining. Work it, you beach goddess you.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I think this is my second favorite hair gloss, at least for summer. I layer it with Pele the perfume and end up smelling like a tropical garden. The hair gloss, as mentioned above, is more subtle than the perfume oil in my hair. If I wear it alone after a shower, it's JUST the right amount of scent.