Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Muse

A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.

To my surprise, and as others have mentioned, the jasmine stays fairly calm in this blend and really lets the tuberose and citrus shine through. The lotus comes out a bit in the drydown, lending a very gentle sweetness. I really like this one, and if it weren't for the lab's lovely frimping, I would never have tried it since it has the evil "j" word in description. Absoliutely lovely, and perfect as a spring and summer pick me up!

In the bottle: A sweet-sharp, light scent. It reminded me of something, but I couldn't remember what. Definitely fruits and flowers, but my feeble nose failed entirely to pick out individual notes.

On the wrist: When first applied the scent becomes more flowery than fruity; a scent of ylang ylang started to show through the rest, though I haven't actually checked the ingredients to see whether I'm being madasafish. The fruity turned into fruit-flavoured sweets: I thought of pear drops and those rhubarb-and-custard sweets that taste of neither rhubarb nor custard.

One hour later: Pear drops. Definitely pear drops. On the left wrist, that is. On the right wrist it's still definitely pear droppy, but there's a slightly muskier under tone and still a hint of the flowers from earlier.

Another rollercoaster scent!

When I first put it on, I smell lime! Lots and lots of lime. It's a wonderful summery surprise.

About 15 minutes later, the flowers start coming out. Mostly rose, but with enough citrus in the background to make me think that this is going to be one of those great summer scents that I've been in search of lately.

And then, about 15 minutes after that, the rose and jasmine rise up to swallow the world. Nothing but rose and jasmine, enveloping me in a overly strong perfumey cloud. Oh, bother. Well, I'll wait a little while more. Maybe it will change again...

at first it smells like fresh paint on me. seriously, put i actually sort of like that smell, so I let it hang out on my arm for a while. There, my arch nemesis jasmine showed up and made herself really comfy.

t's a nice jasmine, actually...very creamy and pretty. i wish i got citrus out of this--it might temper the sweetness a bit and make it more wearable for me. I might use this in my oil burner.

Imp: Bathroom soap a la jasmine.

Wet: Solid jasmine with a teeny hint of something else.

Drydown: The tuberose is making its belated entrance with a mischievous smirk.

Dry: Tuberose and jasmine high-end soap.

My rating: 2/5. It's just not for me.

MUSE

In Bottle: Sweet lime and florals

On Skin: The florals are super sweet here, very cloying. The jasmine is through the roof on me. The lotus adds to that sweetness and gives a bit of that bubblegum note. Yeah, this is like a floral lime bubblegum. The lime is light, but it does give a slight tart zing. The tuberose is very faint, I barely smell it. The jasmine really overwhelms this scent though, it drowns the other notes. Jasmine can sometimes work on me, but not here. It’s just too much and far too sweet. The scent has a light purple/pink feel. Very heavy throw and long wearlength.

This is gorgeously heady and the lime prevents it from being too overpowering. I absolutely adore it – it is fantastic with my body chemistry. I shall enjoy wearing this during summer – it’s just perfect for then. Gorgeous floral – I just love the tuberose and jasmine and I think I can barely pick out the lotus – reminds me of these lotus bath salts I used to have. Sublime. Maybe bottle worthy? I also don’t need much of it – the throw is wonderful and strong.

Muse

This blend is hard to describe. You take three florals, each of which like to be dominant on me, mix it with lime, which is distinct all on it's own, and you get this. Surprisingly, the notes are playing nice; none really seem to be fighting for the center of attention. The end result feels like summer, fresh cut florals on a table accompanied by a pitcher of lemon-lime drink with ice cubes clinking in it. Although, I must note, lime is one of the first notes to fade.

[3 - Like]

It is pretty much as advertised, a pleasantly designed floral, with jasmine dominant on first application. The effect is a little weird for me because it is similar to the French perfume joy with which I have strong associations. If you like florals, this one is definitely a winner.

in the bottle: smells vaguely familiar and eau de toilette-ish. I can detect the lime, but I'm not familiar with the other notes. It's a chilly smell.

wet on my arm: floral, pale green, dry, slightly sour. Not really me ... but it's improving already! 5 minutes later it's spicier and quite pleasant!

3 hours later: I'm really liking this, although it's not really what I'd describe as "me". The initial familiarity was deceptive, because it's actually like nothing I've ever smelled before! It's nearly all lime - sharp, dry and spicy - not all that feminine, and definitely not sexy (in my mind), but I'm going to be wearing it again! I think this is a scent for days when I want to be energetic, efficient and sophisticated (but not seduce anyone! lol).

I added a drop in my cleavage, and oddly enough the jasmine appeared there, although the lime was still dominating. On my arms it remains dry, spicy lime and is still going strong almost 9 hours later.

Unfortunately, the next time I wore Muse, it turned to pure soap! Luckily this only happened once.

In the bottle it's a zany floral, light and really refreshing.

On my skin, the jasmine is the only thing that rises, but searching through that scent for the lime is quite amusing. The throw is beautiful and really warm but not cloying as I find most florals to be. It's quite a grown-up scent but the lime makes it fun, not dowdy. And dried, it's still mainly a very fresh jasmine on me.

It's a keeper for me (i got frimped it) but saving it for the days that i need a pick-me-up that will carry me, instead of me carrying my signature sicky unique scents. And for someone that dumped things like Amsterdam, it's quite a leap! But I probably won't be getting a bottle.

Conclusion. Fun, light and good staying power for those days where you need a bit of a nostalgic floral lift.

3/5 for me, as it's not WOW but it's for sure a pleasant scent.

in the imp: Liiiiime! Yummy. Oh, and a bit of floral.

On me: This is a very bright scent to me, the lime is perfect with the jasmine. Definitely a keeper.

imp: jasmine and lime. i'm not normally a huge fan of jasmine but mixed with lime it smells great.

wet: that's some serious jasmine. jasmine is all that i can smell here, not so much as a hint of lime.

dry: the lime makes a valiant attempt to peek out here but it just overwhelmed by the jasmine. i think if the lime had been stronger this scent would have mede it onto my bottle list. i may test it again later to make sure.

Interestingly, I seem to amp the lotus and lime the very most, making Muse just as fruity -- almost candy-fruity -- on skin as it is in the imp. The jasmine is discernible, but the tuberose really seems to get smothered. Excellent throw; this is a cheerful Muse, which could readily be classified as a "happy scent." The lime keeps it all from being too sweet, as the lotus gave it the potential to do.

Hmm, this smells like Michael Kors Michael to me, I think it must be the tuberose. I used to really love that scent, but don't know.

On me, I mostly smell the jasmine and tuberose. I think this is too headachy sweet for me. I think I might give it to my SIL, she might like it.

Smelled the lime in the imp and at first application, but anymore. DH commented that it smelled good, but I don't think it is me. Will try one more wear before off it goes.

This is a pleasant floral blend. Dominant note in the imp and when wet on my skin is jasmine. I can't smell the lime but maybe it's this that keeps the jasmine from becoming heady? I like it, but I don't think I'll get a big bottle of this.

Aged Muse is a beautiful thing. The tuberose is the dominant note, but it's heavier and sweeter than normal. The other notes kind of surround the tuberose, making the overall scent deep and mysterious without being cloying. I've bought a bottle of Muse since this first imp I've been living on, and the scent in the bottle was too sharp and bright. I've set it aside to age.

Throw is moderate and the strength is about two hours of throw with two hours of personal MMMM after that.

love, lore

All I get is the smell of cat litter, fresh out of the bag Tidy Cat, cat litter. I wanted to scream all day.

Edited by Elvena

In Vial: yummy i smell the lime and jasmine. Smells like a slushy drink

Wet: I smell mostly Jasmine with a hint of lime but then again I do not know what the other notes smell like.

Drydown: This is a LOVELY floral scent. Not too sweet. Keep in mind though, that I really love Jasmine! As it dries I smell the Jasmine and a tiny bit of lime. The lime and other notes make the Jasmine note more interesting.

Evoking Color: Light green

In the bottle: Lotus, jasmine, and lime, in order of increasing potency.

Wet: Sweet and soapy with a dash of lime - the tuberose emerges full force and the jasmine amps, making this a soapy powdery hell combined with the amped cloying lotus bubblegum.

Dry: Sweeter and sweeter by the second. Off to sink!

Tuberose and lotus = my worst enemies, and jasmine is rarely a friend.

For the record, I dislike lotus and wouldn't have selected this scent for myself - so I'm really glad fairnymph frimped me with it, because I like it a lot! I'll repeat what others have said before: the lime *really* ties this together wonderfully, making florals that might otherwise be too heavy sweet and tart. I don't find the lotus to be very prominent in this, especially after a few minutes. Playful and lovely; makes me think of a young girl with ribbons in her hair.

I'd never even thought about trying any of the notes in this before, so was interested to see how it panned out. In the imp, it's a lovely thick heady floral, like the cloud of scent in a garden at summer sunset. On me, the flowers stayed balanced, deep and fresh with no one note dominating. My only quibble is a personal one – the scent seems very feminine and not very 'me'. I like it very much, and if I smelled it on anyone else I think I'd be captivated, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it!

On me, this is all jasmine. Crazy, amped up, jasmine with a hint of Catholic school. I think that's the lime. Lime always reminds me of school.