Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Muse

A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.

I got this one as a frimp. A nice feminine floral scent but it turned out to be a little too strong for me.

I didn't get any sweetness at all, it was really sharp. Pretty, but I've got Has No Hanna if I want a sharp floral.

I didn't exactly dislike Muse but I wasn't crazy about it either. I think if it were a little more toned down on my skin then I might like it but it just doesn't work for me.

I like Muse in the imp, not on me. Once on my skin, the lime and the florals separate and try to fight with each other to become dominant, and it just doesn't work out well. The scent becomes overpowering to where I can't smell anything BUT lime and florals, and they just don't blend well on my skin. I think from now on I'll be content sniffing at the imp every once in a while.

In the Imp:

Strong, Strong, STRONG lime with a tiny bit of floral. I am almost tempted to not even try this one on my skin ~ it smells strange to me.

Wet:

LORD it isn't getting better. It smelles like a dirty lime to me.

Dry:

Ummm. NO. Lime with a very tiny bit of floral just does nothing for me.

In closing:

This is getting washed off of me NOW.

Imp is off to sell or trade.

:P

This is my least favourite fragrance, thus far... sorry BPAL. :D (I LOVE the other fragrances, though!!)

:D

WOW!

I think it's the jasmine... but this turned into very bad old-lady perfume on me. Very intense, lots of throw, and something very very wrong behind it. It had the strange tang that homemade soaps sometimes have. Ugh.

Ah well, off to swaps!

Wet this is lush gardenia or jasmine. It goes on sweet and spicy- a light, white floral. After just a couple of minutes it becomes fuller and more like a commercial department store perfume. After about 30 minutes a rose note comes out. It's a bit woody too. This is a soft blend on me. It's nice but I probably won't keep it.

Imp

The first scent I get is soft florals and that is followed up by zingy lime! How fun!

Wet

Smells yellow green, as in the vial. The florals are soft and airy, but the jasmine is starting to permeate the entire experience. The lime is a fun addition. Then my pal, lotus starts pushing forward. How lovely.

Dry

This has a very classic heroine flavor to me...strong, but still gentile. It is not my type of scent, perse, but quite lovely.

Muse

freebie from the lab

in vial: lime and jasmine

wet: lime, jasmine, and lotus

dry: just jasmine

verdict: nothing special on me, will most likely swap

In the imp: OMG, this might be what I've been looking for... citrusy jasmine. If the citrus just won't vanish on my skin and be overwhelmed by the floral.

First on: W00T! Tart and tangy huzzah! Finally a scent where the jasmine doesn't overwhelm everything else. Ye gods, this is good.

Dry: Slobber drool love

Overall: This is one for the big-bottle list. Great throw, great scent, BRILLIANT!

Wet: Lime bursts out and behind it... incense?

Dry: What smells like incense but its obviously a mix of the florals. Smells like what Lucy's Kiss did but with a lighter (tuber) rose, and not as heavy.

Now all I need to do is decide if I like it. I like the idea of smelling of a muse enough, I think, to give it extra consideration, and it *is* lovely.

ETA: Now that the muses have been called out to play for the anniversary update, I think Ill find one of those that suits me better than this one. Its lovely but I really try to just keep the blends that *really* work on me. Not just "eh."

Edited by ketalady

This is very zingy and bright. It smells very much like the jasmine vine in my backyard, but with citrus on top of it, like I was drinking lemonade while smelling the jasmine vine. This has got to be the first citrus scent that I like.

In bottle: Oh...uhm...huh. In the bottle the jasmine is overwhelmingly strong, and does not match well with the lime rind at all Eeew is the phrase of choice in my head.

On me: Oh, jasmine and tuberose blend so beautifully together.

Lime is so pretty and sparkling initially.

But.

Together, and on my skin, it's nasty. The jasmine is overwhelming and is knocking everything else out of sight; lime's sparkle is being squashed as fast as it can appear. Some other notes seem to be struggling to be seen, but jasmine wins and takes all the glory.

Not my muse at all.

Jasmine!

Jasmine notes hate my skin. They turn soapy and stale smelling. I had to wash this blend off as soon as I tried it on.

I was hoping for more florals notes, but sadly the jasmine was overpowering.

In the imp: Floral and citrus.

Wet: Limes! Limes everywhere! Some jasmine, but limes!

Dry: Jasmine's a bit stronger, but the limes are frolicking on my skin.

It's okay, but it's not a favorite. I have other florals and citruses I prefer.

I wish I could smell the lime like most everyone else, but I can't detect even a faint whisper of it on my skin. This smells almost like pure jasmine on me, but something (perhaps the tuberrose?) adds a strong powdery effect that I dislike. It is also overwhelmingly strong on me and makes my mouth taste soapy. This is a huge disappointment to me, because I love the idea of white flowers mixed with citrus. I'm so sad that the lime is hiding!

Mmmmm...this is fresh- lime goodness, light jasmine and white flowers. This one is really different, with notes that I thought would clash, but it's really beautiful. I love my lime, and Muse is quite loaded with my fave citrus fruit. It's a keeper :P

initially this smells like a boozy lime cocktail on someone's breath~~~i

rather like this...not at all offending but really sexy and positively intoxicating :D

then the tuberose and jasmine mix into the concoction taking all that wonderful

limey goodness away and leaving nothing but a heady strong floral on me....

but wait.....the bpal morphing is beginning.....i get little whiffs of lime every now

and again.....then floral...lime...floral...lime.....

what a fantastically amazing transition.....while i mostly have a hard time with

jasmine scents, i might have to keep this one around for awhile and let it age

a bit......this literally has my head spinning............. :P

In the bottle: Whoosh! Overpowering lime notes that make my eyes water a little.

On the skin, wet: still lots of lime, very sharp, with a floral undertone starting to come out. Maybe lotus? it's a deep floral scent.

Later: dried down it's more fresh than sharp, but all I can smell is lime and something that reminds me of old fashioned mens cologne.

This is a *really* fresh and lovely scent, but on me it's a little too masculine and overpowering.

In the bottle: Wow, lime and bright white floral notes.

Wet: Tuberose! Really strong tuberose. Now, I am getting a powdery note.

Dry: Jasmine is the dominant note rounded out by white floral notes in the background. The powdery note is gone and the the lime has blended with the floral notes.

Very feminine, light and pretty. :P

Oooooh, this did not go over well on my skin. My first impression, upon application, was "artificial cleaning scent". It didn't improve over time. I ended up sending this off to a friend who was interested in trying BPAL florals (Euphrosyne and Eos worked for her and they didn't for me) because the least I can do is enable, right? I'm glad I got to try it, because it sounded like something I might possibly love, but I've struck out.

Rating (on skin): 0/5

Summarised in a word or two: FLORAL!!1

In the imp: Lotus (evil!) and jasmine (lately, good!).

On skin, wet: Absolutely lovely jasmine weighed down by the horrors of lotus. No sign of lime, which is a good thing.

On skin, dry: As usual, my skin took a "light" floral and turned it into a "brain-numbingly strong" floral. My skin hates me when it comes to florals. I love the jasmine in this, but the lotus and tuberose (which sometimes likes me, sometimes hates me) are just too strong for me.

Conclusion: Alas, the hunt for a jasmine scent not ruined by other notes continues.

In the vial, the jasmine is strong and applied on me I can smell the zing of the lime in the background. As it driesdown, there's a bitter smell that rounds out the green sweet floral, makes it interesting. But, ten minutes later it morphs into that generic powder smell. I liked it, starts out nice but drydown is a bit of a let down.

Edited by mandragora

I love all the lime in the beginning of this one. I just wish it didn't fade away. I'm left with a sweet floral. It seems like a white and green floral. I think it might be a bit too flowery for my taste right now.

A lab frimp!

Imp: Really fumy lime/bubblegum with…jasmine. Just so everyone reading this knows, jasmine is my nemesis, so take this review with a grain of salt.

Wet: Bubblegum (i.e., lotus) is much stronger now, and from far away it smells like necco wafer candy. Sadly, jasmine is undeniably present, and working its evil.

Drying: Ugh. Bathroom. The jasmine smells of stale urine, my skin chemistry's true evil at work. The lotus and urine go together to smell kinda like urinal cakes (so sayeth my husband). You know that fruity bathroom cleaner smell? A lot of public bathrooms use it? Yeah, that and urine. God, jasmine hates me so much. Lime never had a chance.

Well, I stuck it out, and 2 hrs later, it mellowed to a nice floral. It’s a slightly sweet fruity bubblgummy one from the lotus, and the lotus managed to tame the jasmine to simply a pungent floral. At this stage, I could see this being a very nice perfume. 7 hrs it’s a distant sweet (not at all bad) lotus and jasmine.

Overall: The drydown is a nice lotus with a bit of nice jasmine support. I am beginning to quite like Beth's lotus notes. Unfortunately, in this blend, the lotus is paired with jasmine, and jasmine is just one of those florals that I very rarely like. I can't wait 2+ hours out smelling like used urinal cakes waiting for the mellowed lotus/jasmine to kick in. Damn skin chem.

Edited by jewelbug

This is the perfect jasmine blend. The lime really perks up the jasmine, taking the edge off its aggressive floral sweetness. It's surprisingly cool and fresh! A breath of spring!