Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Muse

A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.

In the bottle: Floral and lime, just like the description. Lotus seems strong.

Wet: Jasmine with a citrus kick. The lime is no longer distinguishable; it is now just "citrusy".

Dry down: The florals and citrus just seems to sort of meld after a while into a lovely tangy, sparkling scent. It's not too thick or heavy and is surprisingly uplifting. Once it has been on for a few hours it gets a slightly powdery, almost creaminess to it.

Conclusion: I like this. It is so nice and light.

In the imp, jasmine and lime. Wowch. On my skin, lily and tuberose at this point, a pretty nondescript floral with a lime touch.

I just ordered my first imp of this. I'd been resisting because of the lime note. I seem to be in the opposite camp of a lot of people on the forum- it seems jasmine is unpopular. Me, on the other hand... my skin loves jasmine and turns it into a beautiful bouquet.

When I first open it up, there is a sharp twist of lime, but then on my skin it instantly disappears and is replaced with a stunning tuberose. Tuberose is by far the most prominent note in the blend but the other notes support it, the lotus adding an airy touch, and the jasmine adding a little oomph. Chemistry is weird, so for the jasmine haters, this may not work but the other notes tone it down, and if you love jasmine like I do, this is a nice take on it.

To me, this is comparable to fracas, though for some reason, fracas turns to bubble gum on my skin. I would also like to add that if Delight and Forbidden Fruit had a baby, this would be it.

This, to me is a good daytime component to the sexier, night-time scent Delight.

In the imp, this is a very heady floral (omg tuberose and jasmine) mixed with bright fresh lime.

Very interesting scent on my skin-I would never have though to add ZOMGLIME to heady florals like that, but they actually go together pretty well. I know this is billed as a "light" scent, but to me it is a heavier floral-mostly jasmine and tuberose (lotus gets pretty eaten up) and fresh bright lime. It's hard to describe how the notes mix together, but they really do all go together well.

On full drydown this is a slightly powdery jasmine scent with a touch of lime-much lighter and less zomg heady/heavy, but a bit too powdery for me. Overall, I really liked this blend as it was wet/drying on my skin (that mix of florals and lime is just so unique and lovely), but it's initial application scent and full drydown scent just are not for me. Great blend though that I think is totally worth trying, just for how wonderfully the florals and lime go together!

All I can say is, wow. In the bottle, it felt like I was getting a whiff of what I imagine Heaven to smell like. On my skin, the lime gets amped up a bit, but mixes so flawlessly with the florals in a way I didn't think possible. I can't stop sniffing this one!

In the bottle: I definitely catch the lime first, followed by jasmine and tuberose (both of which have a tendency to turn powdery on me - damn!). maybe a bit of watery lotus as well. the main floral scent is actually tuberose, closely followed by jasmine. nice, but not watery enough for my taste. smells a little generic, at least in the bottle.

On my skin: starts out like laundry detergent from hell, but quickly settles into jasmine with lotus and that hint of lime. the tuberose mostly stays off my skin, which is nice. I wish the bite of lime were stronger; I think it would've kept the jasmine from being overwhelmingly floral-powder. *le sigh* does turn powdery as time goes on (predictable, but still - damn!).

Last thoughts: alternative-esque florals, because of that teensy squish of lime that keeps it a little tart, but it's not alternative enough for me (plus that awful powder after-effect).

I'm so excited that my order came unexpectedly, I just have to start playing with my imps and reviewing!

In the bottle: LIME. And to me, that's a good thing.

Wet: A rather harsh lime, like it has the bitterness of the white pith mixed in. It's fighting with the white floral bouquet.

Dry: The lime is calming down and playing nicely. I'm guessing it's the lotus I'm smelling as a slightly lighter, greener note in the florals. I think I might like the residual bitterness and sharpness of the lime interacting with the flowers, but I'm going to have to try this one a few times.

ETA: nope, it ended up as old lady perfume mixed with green Skittles. Not for me.

Edited by Unauthorized Cinnamon

Good GOD! Just out of the imp, this is one potent, lime-y floral! At first I get heady, insane amounts of tuberose, and then the jasmine comes in. Once the lime mellows out, it smells like my memory of one or another vintage white floral perfumes I loved as a teenager, maybe Jungle Gardenia? plus a head shop smell that I think is the lotus. It's certainly not something I'd reach for every day, yet once in a while I'm in the mood for a giddy, borderline obnoxious tuberose scent, and I've found that in Muse!

In the imp- Only a faint hint of lime, smells strongly of jasmine to me, specifically pikake . After I pull away I get a lingering lime sherbert scent.

Wet- Almost entirely jasmine, not quite as overpowering as in the imp though. Lime has disappeared entirely.

5 minutes- Still mostly jasmine, but the tuberose is starting to peek out. Hoping for it to become more prominent.

Dry- Jasmine has softened further, but is still drowning out everything else. Alas I was hoping for more of the other notes to come through on me.

Imp: A perfumey lime. The lime stays in the nose more than the light floral does. So far, so good. :)

Wet: Sharp lime, which quickly falls behind tuberose and jasmine, though you can still smell it.

It almost smells medicinal.

Dry: Most of the medicinal sharpness has gone, leaving a light floral backed by a softer lime. Quite pretty, but seems to be getting faint pretty quickly. :(

Lime stays longer than the florals do, making it change later to a lime with a soft floral background.

Very light and pretty.

In the Imp (ITI): I get strong jasmine followed by tuberose, then a touch of sweet lime.

Wet: It still smells very similar to the ITI notes, but the scent has this off-putting overtone of primer paint.

Dry: No more paint primer, thank goodness. I just get lime and something powdery. While this is a promising scent, I wouldn't reach for it again.

Wet: A pale and fresh floral that reminds me of lilacs.

Drydown: Breathy white florals joined by a tart greenish citrus. I would have guessed bergamot if the notes weren’t listed. Airy and tart with a bit of sweetness and creaminess too. Below the surface is something off-putting that I’m guessing is the lotus.

Dry: The lotus backs off and the jasmine comes out more. Whispy and shadowy jasmine over airy tuberose. Maybe a hint of fruitiness from the lotus or the lime, but it’s too faint to tell which it is. Light and feminine.

Another My Stash recommendation. :)

In the imp: this is a very sweet floral smell. I smell the jasmine and the barest hint of lime, but I'm not entirely sure where the sweetness is moving from. I'm thinking either the lotus or tuberose (because all of a sudden, I've blanked out on what tuberose smells like).

Wet on skin: very light, sweet floral, same as before. I can only pick out a lime note if I try really hard - it blends in really well with the jasmine. I wish I could smell the lime a bit more, but I love jasmine, so I'm ok with that.

Dry: even more sweet and faint jasmine.

Throw: this really doesn't have much throw at all. It's just sweet and pleasant.

Verdict: ***** I'm almost wanting to take it down a little for being too sweet, but I actually love this. Also, I'm not entirely sure how old this imp is, so I also don't know if a lab-fresh bottle might give me a little more of the lime, which would be perfect. Even without, though, I think I love it.

I like this, but I want to like it more than I actually do. One of the notes goes a little off on me, I think. Still, I'll probably keep the imp. Perhaps I'll try it a few more times and see if it grows on me.

Received as frimp in purchase.

IN THE IMP: A cross between hothouse flowers and a lime lollipop.

Dabbed lightly on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: The tuberose and jasmine are very predominant. I actually quite like both notes but they can be pretty overpowering each on its own so combined, it's definitely an acquired taste. I get the little nip of lime which is really sweet (both literally and figuratively). It's a super strong but not an unpleasant one, and, thankfully, I am getting NO lotus which can be a wash-off offense of a dealbreaker for me.

DRYDOWN: Still lotus-free, which is the good news. But it is REALLY strong and has VERY LONG LEGS. In other words, major throw. This needs to be used very sparingly, I think. A little goes a long, floral way. Hours after application I still get whiffs of it every time I move.

OVERALL: As I mentioned, I think that jasmine, for sure, and tuberose to a slightly lesser degree are probably both "love them or hate them" scents. Jasmine, especially, seems to be one of those notes on the board that people aren't just "meh, whatever" about. So I happen to like jasmine, but I like it more when it's taking a subtle back seat to other notes. I like this scent, on the whole, but I don't think I would ever wear it out of the house. It seems so ver, very "in your face" and I can see how it would not appeal to everyone. I don't want to be the "stinky lady people make lemonfaces behind." So off to the swap box in search of a home of someone who doesn't give a rat's ass about what other people think of the way they smell. Oh ... also? I have a killer migraine now. Coincidental or not, I have no idea.

On a scale of 1-5, a 2.5

Edited by JazzieCazzie

This was low on my "to try" list, not sure why since jasmine is usually good on me. I think it's the lime I was iffy about -- the lab's lime note is often more "lime lifesavers" than fresh-squeezed actual lime on me. But the lab frimped this to me, and to my surprise it's really pleasant. To me this is the daytime version of Belle Epoque -- both are strong lotus-y scents but BE is darker and heavier, whereas this is light and fresh (just like the lab promises). The lime is less in-your-face citrus and more of a hint of freshness in the background. I get a ton of jasmine on the drydown, but several hours later it's mostly lotus. It's not really "me," per se - I tend to go for more masculine scents, and this is pretty girly. But I kind of dig it and will keep it around for when I'm in the mood for something different.

In the vial: strong jasmine with lotus. It practically screamed at me.

On the skin: Okay the lime is present, the sharp citrus spike that's trying to play with the lotus, but the jasmine is killing me. I just can't wear jasmine. I would describe this as a clean scent, perfect for the summer. Just really strong.

In the imp: A fairly intense & heady zesty-floral. Tuberose & Jasmine mainly, with a lot of lime & a little lotus.

Wet on skin: The tuberose & jasmine have stepped back here - this is now mostly lotus, with a little bit of lime zest & a hint of tuberose & jasmine in the background. MUCH lighter & more delicate than in the imp!

Dry on skin: The tuberose & jasmine are showing up a little more now, but this is still very light & delicate. Very pretty & slightly aquatic!

After a few hours: Almost exactly the same as dry, only with a little less lime. Maybe the faintest hint of soapiness, but in the nicest possible way.

Verdict: It's not super-exciting in any way (except in the early stages when the lime is obvious), but this is VERY pretty! Perfect for when I need a soft, sweet & fairly classic-smelling perfume!

Ugh. I love rose and jasmine, but more often than note jasmine does not love me back. In the bottle, this is a bright, white slightly green floral. On me, it is overhwhelming tuberose and jasmine--I smell like a bathroom air freshener. Overtime, the headiness fades and a slightly aquatic lemon-y note comes out alongside the floral and it becomes a delicate lemony-jasmine. Actually pretty, but not something that standouts to me.

In the imp: Juicy sweet, a little fruity.

Wet on my skin: I don't know why, but something in this reads as "pear" when I first apply this. Pear and flowers. That fades quickly, though, giving way to the flowers.

Dry: This is very much a lotus and tuberose scent on me, which is interesting since my skin loves lime and jasmine as much as I do. I don't mind, though, as it's a very unusual floral. It's almost a little bit waxy, but never quite tips over that edge. There's just a bit of a sharp kick to this, and I assume that's the lime and jasmine giving it some oomph. Not bad, will keep the imp.

In the imp: Jasmine. Powdery white flowers.

Wet: Pear? I guess that may have been the lime

Dry: Definitely floral, but all I really get is that icky powdery smell white flowers go to on me :( There's the very slightest citrus hint to it, but it's just overwhelmingly jasmine on me.

Immediately a musky, animalistic floral. Muse is all body-sweat and musk-jasmine on me. It's not my favorite kind of jasmine- this is a murky, swampy, armpit-y jasmine. A sweet prickle-scent starts up. Strongly, strongly reminds me of those scented markers from the 90's, a fistfull of the markers rather than a distinct one. That or scratch and sniff stickers. Wow, it's really close to those on me!

Dry, it fades to just the scratch and sniff stickers- that's almost exactly what this smells like now. Very cool scent rather than hot. Not my thing at all, not what I expected. Went really weird on me.

Pretty sure this was a frimp (though I don't remember if it was from the Lab or a forum swap/sale).

In the imp: lime and jasmine primarily. It's strong, but not necessarily unpleasant (though jasmine is usually a bad note on me, ranging anywhere from soap to kitty litter/bathroom). I don't really know what tuberose smells like (I have enjoyed Bath and Body Works' "Velvet Tuberose" shower gel in the past, but I'm not sure how much of what I'm smelling in that is the actual tuberose note, as it has a number of other florals also.)

On my skin: The lime is tart and is actually pairing nicely with the jasmine. So far, the jasmine is behaving. It's pretty sweet (some of the sweetness might be from the lotus). After a couple minutes it starts smelling more lemony than limey. Unfortunately, the lemon and strong florals are making this kind of smell like a cleaning solution.

Blegh... definitely getting some litter box as it dries. Not as potent as some scents, but it's there.

Overall, this is a strong smell and I don't think it smells very good on me even though it's not as bad as I feared.

In the vial: Mostly lime, but I can smell the jasmine as well.

Wet: Still quite lime-y! I can tell that there are florals in here, too, but I still think it smells mostly like lime at this stage.

I'm kind of pleased that this seems to be a citrus note that actually smells like it's supposed to on me! I'm not hugely into fruity-florals (which I keep saying, as I try on more fruity florals...), but the lime here is bright and sparkly, which I like - I think I like the less-sweet fruits in my fruity-florals, maybe? Florals + sweet fruits can go way-too-sweet on me.

As this dries, the lime note becomes more subdued, though it doesn't go away completely - it's possible that it's more that the florals are getting stronger, really. The tuberose particularly starts to come out upon the drydown. I am lucky to not have much of an issue with jasmine notes - they don't go sour or stinky or amp so much that I can't smell anything else, usually - so your milage may vary quite a lot here, I imagine! For me this is mainly the tuberose and maybe a little jasmine brightened by the lime note. If I concentrate really hard I think I can smell the lotus, too, but it's much softer than the other notes here. This does go a little powdery-sweet on the drydown, but it's a rare, rare perfume that doesn't do that to me at all!

I actually only got this for the name (my husband and I have a collective nickname of "muse and maestro"!) and with the bright bright lime I really didn't anticipate loving this, but it's very pretty! I think this will be a perfect summer blend for very hot days or nights when I want something light and sparkly!

In the imp and wet, I mostly get lime and just a touch of tuberose. Dry it is big heady bloom of tuberose and jasmine, with a fun twist of lime. I can't pick out lotus directly, but there is a sweetness in the background I can't attribute to anything else. Very fun and fresh, perfect for summer and such a different blend than my other tuberose/jasmine scents.