Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Muse

A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.

In the imp, this is a great balance of tuberose & lime.

On my skin, the heady florals come out - the tuberose and jasmine especially.

Unfortunately, when it dries, I'm getting that "dryer sheet" scent that I get occasionally from florals - it's not for me.

This smells like a sister scent to Annabel Lee to me. No cucumber, but the floral notes smell like light, white moonflower to me. If there is jasmine in this, it's the most well-behaved jasmine I've EVER encountered. Just gorgeous.

In the Imp (wet): I had expected this scent to be juicy, but it emerged thick with jasmine.

On facial cotton (dry): This scent is dry and tarty. These white florals are heady and sweet, demanding.

On me: The first notes are sharp and assault my nose, but the jasmine pulls through and soothes the tartiness. This is not a light scent though, as the florals are heavy. I blame this on the jasmine. And it evolves into something that is pretty, but uninteresting and uninspiring. Not for me at all.

This seems like a good scent to test when it's eighty degrees in here. How I pine for air conditioning @_@.

In the imp: Tuberose and lime.

I don't have much experience with tuberose, but I tend to like night-blooming flowers better than 'regular' ones. The lime fades a bit as it dries, leaving the tuberose as the dominant note. There's a sizeable amount of jasmine in the background, but it's definitely second fiddle to the tuberose. It's a bit too soapy and floral for my tastes, but it seems like a nice one for floral lovers. Also has quite a strong throw.

In bottle/imp: Lime! And some smoky florals in the background.

Immediately on skin: This is a very complex mix of lime and the floral notes in the description. The lime is more of note I feel than one I smell now that this is on my skin, but it gives the whole blend a brighter feel. Mostly this consists of smoky jasmine, lotus, and tuberose. The jasmine is heavy, but the lotus and tuberose make it a little sweeter. The lime is a very tart note.

After a little while: The lotus in this has faded and what I’m left with is a surprisingly pretty (the lab’s jasmine is usually very heavy and smoky on me) blend of jasmine, tuberose, and a nice dose of lime giving this a much fresher feel. It’s not overly sweet, but it is a fresher floral scent.

Overall Impressions: The jasmine in this is the heaviest note, but the distinctive scents of the tuberose and lotus try their best to blend in as well. The lotus seems to fade after a while, but the resulting jasmine and tuberose scent with the lime blended over it seems quite pretty and wearable. Jasmine isn’t really a “me” note, but if you like it and are looking for something a bit fresher but still floral, I’d suggest trying this one.

A frimp from the lab. Interesting choice.

In the bottle- Roses and lime for sure. That lime is actually pretty strong in the bottle. I might like this.

On me- The lime starts out nice and strong, but the combination tuberose and jasmine take over pretty quickly. And on me, that's not particularly pleasant. It's a lot of the white floral, which is fine when balanced out with something smokier, but right now it's super perfumey, and not in a good way. The lime does find it's way back to the top after a while, but it's pretty sneeze-inducing stuff. There's no way I could wear this one, ever, given the perfume sensitivities I work around all the time. This, definitely going into a swap pile.

Imp: Tuberose and lotus with a crisp hint of lime.

Wet: The lime is an unexpected base to the sweet, heady flowers. Without it the blend would be cloying with it I find the uniqueness enticing.

Dry: The tuberose fades (which is good since I'm not a big fan) and the jasmine is more noticeable alng with the juicy fruit sweetness of the lotus. The lime is drier and more recognizable as the peel.

Really I'm not sure if I love it or not. I feel compelled to give it a few wears and see.

I found this scent merely OK when I first got it, but as my imps of (instant favourites) Wanda and Kali got more and more empty, I decided to give Muse another try and discovered a scent that grows on you. :P

Upon opening the imp, a wave of citrus clobbers my senses - I'm a bit put off as it reminds me of washing-up liquid... but there is a hint of exotic florals under the lime that motivates me to persevere and dab it on the pulse points...

After a while as my skin warms the oil, the scent unfolds, bringing the florals to the forefront... Muse makes me think of being surrounded with thousands of exotic flowers in full bloom... the jasmine and lotus, I think... it's not really perfumey, but more like being in the presence of the REAL flowers at their peak, when their scents are at their most potent. Womanly, lush and heady - not the light scent I was expecting, but quite, quite beautiful.

I have one thing to say about Muse.

THIS IS THE JASMINE SHOW!!!!

This is the sweetest and strongest jasmine scent I have ever tried. I can taste it. There is a hint of citrus in the background but jasmine is hamming it up so much that nothing else can really even begin to make an impression. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE jasmine... but damn. This is NOT to be slathered.

I gave my girlfriend a bottle of Muse and a bottle of Carnival for Sweetest Day, and she gave me a diamond engagement ring... best Sweetest Day ever.

So I'm trying (love) Muse today.

In the bottle muse smells all lotus and jasmine to me.

I put it on and the lotus is strong it and the jasmine are still the strongest notes and remain such until 4 hours have past.

Now the lotus has disapated, leaving behind a fading Jasmine and Rose to dance with a clean squirt of lime... Oh how delightful this is after lotus learns to back off and let the others play too.

Overall I like it once the lotus dies down. I wonder how it will smell on my fiancee?

One odd thing, the lable on the bottle just says Muse, the cap however says love Muse...i just found it interresting that one says one thing and the other says different...

In the imp, this is a bright citrus and sweet floral. The lime really stands out, but in a nice way, not a "Where's the tequila?" way. It's a wake me up scent, for sure.

Wet, the lime and lotus burn off very quickly; what remains at drydown is a strong jasmine with a hint of tuberose; I don't think I can smell the lotus at all, which is unusual for me. I don't really love jasmine, which just smells kind of dirty and stinky on and to me, so Muse is just a 3/5 on me. Honestly, I am not sure why I ordered this! That said... it's still a nice blend, even if it's not my thing. I'm such a pushover, there are not many blends I've smelled that I wouldn't keep even just for occasional wear or to change things up a bit. :)

edit: Got a new frimp of this from the Lab and retried it since I have learned to love jasmine since my initial review. Same deal, starts off strong lime and tuberose, then moves into a very lovely tropical floral stage where it's all bright. It's sharp, though, until the lime and tuberose calm down more. I seem to amp jasmine so in the end I'm left with a light jasmine sweetened with lotus and kept from being cloying by the tuberose and lime. A pretty summertime tropical scent. I'll keep this imp. :)

Edited by obsidienne

Ugh. This so doesn't work for me. The tuberose and jasmine are high pitched and... aggressive, and vapid. The lotus is also out, with its bubblegum sweetness.

Yeah, not for me. At all.

I so thought I would like this from the ingredients. Sorry to say I found that many of the florals go soapy on me, in a very itchy way. I thought I was a light floral person but am finding that I'm more an amber, dragon's blood, spice person. Who knew. Don't be afraid to try a bit from each category, you may surprise yourself.

this does not agree with my skin chemistry at all. It's turned into a lemony piss and vomit smell. It's like walking out into your garden the day after you threw a big party to discover that your guest have pissed and vomited all over the lemon tree. I had to scrub this off as it made me want to wretch. Scarey what ones body chemistry can do. :P

**I dilute all my oils with jojoba due to sensitivities.**

After my funky Eos experience (the jasmine was REALLY amped by my skin) I thought I'd try another floral but one with some citrus to it, hence Muse.

In the bottle: I can really smell the lime, the florals are in the background but blended.

On Wet: At first all I can smell is lime again, then OMG Here come JASMINE!!! But not in so bad a way. I don't know if the lime counteracted it some or what.

Drydown: After awhile the jasmine receded into the background again and a little more lime broke through, as well as the tuberose. I really didn't smell lotus, though it may have been blended in there somewhere.

Overall: I LOVE THIS ONE.....I an deal with that strong jasmine in the beginning. It had throw (even diluted!) but not too much throw, and lasted well into the day. After 8 plus hours of work if I can smell even a HINT of it I'm good. I will be buying a 5 ml bottle of this.

Lime! Then jasmine.

Interesting combo, and y'all know I love me some citrus, but the jasmine is just too loud, too big.

Tuberose = jasmine to me, so no big help there.

Lotus = bad funky usually, but I can't smell it here, so that's actually a relief.

I like it - but jasmine's too powerful for me. Thanks for the frimp tho!

Oh the love of Muse! :D

I was frimped this from the lab and had overlooked it for a time.

In the imp: Lime, faint florals and something a little rank. This is why I quickly closed it back up and avoided a skin test. In the bottle, oooo ick.

Wet: The lime is prominent, a very agressive bitter note with the florals fighting for room underneath.

Dry: Oh the love, the undieing adoration of a blend that just WORKS with your chemistry! The lime backs down and the jasmine sits quietly in a corner while tuberose comes to the front and forms a magestic soft warm floral that doesn't turn soapy on my skin and avoids turning bitter. I adore this one. Unfortunately for me I adore it a lot. On my fourth bottle in a few months...heh... :P

Smell alike: Wild flowers field near a stream

Color impression: Bouncing young white

On me: Usually, I am not so fond of white florals. But if I'd have to wear one, it would be something like Muse. This blend is not heady and very lively thank to a soft and joyful lime. The aquatic touch of the lotus also ground the jasmine (thanks God XD)

Wearing: I don't often wear those kind of scents but I guess I will try this one once in a while for a change ^^

In the imp: Light jasmine with a hint of lime underneath.

Wet: Yeah - jasmine and lime! The lotus and tuberose are supporting characters, adding to the jasmine. This is limes squeezed over a white floral bouquet. The resulting combination has a tart, salty tinge to it. Really interesting and invigorating. An active scent, with high vibration. The lotus sweetens up the jasmine a bit, and the tuberose adds just a hint of its yumminess. The florals are very well-blended. Luckily, I like white florals, but if you don't, this is not the scent for you.

Dry: The lime backs off quite a bit, but doesn't leave entirely. This ends up a strong white floral with hints of lime.

In the imp: Dominant LIME with the slight suggestion of florals underneath.

Wet on the skin: Wrist at my nose, this is mostly jasmine--and I start to feel disappointed, because I was really hoping the lime would stick around. However, when I back off and let the scent come to me, there is definitely a throw of lime and watery notes. I turn my head slightly, and my nose goes: "Lime?" It's a bit elusive to me, appearing, disappearing, reappearing.

Dry, a couple hours later: I'm definitely getting more of the tuberose and the lime now--both a little smoky. I'm glad the jasmine is playing second fiddle in this scent. The result on me is fresh and spiky. ... Some of what was on my neck traveled to my scarf during my commute, and now my scarf smells pleasantly of flowery lime. Makes me wonder what the scent would be like in a locket, instead of direct skin application.

Mmm. I think this must go on the bottle wish list.

And now I want to try more scents featuring the lime note.

In the vial: Lime and some soft floral.

Wet: Lime and jasmine. The jasmine overpowers everything else but the lime.

Drydown: A sweet mix of floral - mainly jasmine and tuberose. The lime is almost gone, barely there.

Overall: I'm not sure if I like it, it is more suitable for people who loves strong flowery perfume. Not for me.

This smells like a sister scent to Annabel Lee to me. No cucumber, but the floral notes smell like light, white moonflower to me. If there is jasmine in this, it's the most well-behaved jasmine I've EVER encountered. Just gorgeous.

I agree with savage_rose! This jasmine is INCREDIBLY well-behaved. At first sniff, there is a hint of fresh lime which quickly burns off. I don't get any tuberose here that others have mentioned, but I do get a VERY realistic, non-cat-pee smelling jasmine. It smells like a jasmine tree on a crisp summer evening. I may need a full bottle of this just because I love jasmine and BPAL's jasmine note always seems to turn to ammonia on me. BUT NOT THIS!

Imp:The lime is doing great things to the flowers!

Wet: Oh wow lotus is acting weird with the lime. I really like Jasmine, but not getting any of it yet

Drydown: Lotus eventually lost the plastic-y edge and now everyone is playing nice. It's hard to get any individual notes from a sniff, but the cirtrus edge of lime is still there

Overall: It's sort of a floral "meh." A little too soapy to want to hang on to.

Hello, lime! This is definitely smells like lime (a real true lime, not the candies) with a hint of florals. While it smells tasty, it isn't really my style.

On the drydown, the lime fades and I am left with only florals. While this blend is beautiful in the end, I already have so many florals, and the lime isn't really me. Imp is off to swaps!