Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lunameth

Cherry Bakewell!

I have just tested Eclipse and was very excited when the first whiff of the imp was mmmmm cherry bakewell (although more like a liqueur!). One of my favourite cakes and two of my favourite food scents (I am not good with food scents normally, things like Miskatonic University, Eat Me/Drink Me, etc, go very heavy on me and it's too much).

Eclipse dries down to a beautiful creamy vanilla floral blend on me and it's definitely bottle-worthy, BUT! It does not keep the initial cherry and almond scent that I got so excited about. Does anyone have any recommendations for something that keeps that yummy 'flavour'? Or maybe good layering ideas?

Thank you! :)

Hellcat is "hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond" -- for me (and, glancing at the review thread, it seems like for many people), that almond note reads as cherry. In my case, the cherry fades on my skin, but others have had different results, so you might want to give it a try!

For a less dessert-like option, maybe Kabuki? "
cherry, red musk, and star anise."

Hellcat is "hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond" -- for me (and, glancing at the review thread, it seems like for many people), that almond note reads as cherry. In my case, the cherry fades on my skin, but others have had different results, so you might want to give it a try!

For a less dessert-like option, maybe Kabuki? "cherry, red musk, and star anise."

I second hellcat.

how about Black Cherry Amaretto Christmas Pudding?

http://www.bpal.org/topic/75684-black-cherry-amaretto-christmas-puddin/

I just got a decant of this. It's cherry/vanilla heavy with the Amaretto being more almondish than boozy. It's nice. I know some reviews are saying it smells of medicine and it does sort of when it's wet. But when it's dry it's really pretty and yummy.

How about Suck it (black cherry brandy, Weenie 2009) & its companion scent, Bite Me (croquembouche with almond silk & a drizzle of caramel)? I know you said foodie doesn't work for you but Bite Me was all boozy almond on me rather than cream puff or caramel. Put them on your wishlist just in case :)

Edited by alterosen

Black phoenix the general catalog oil may be what you're looking for and bonus, you can try as an imp because it's permanent!

Ghoulish (2010 Halloween scent). Black Cherry, Coconut Amaretto and Saffron. Very cherry almond. It ends up being very strong on application. But softens considerably after a bit.

Edited by Larinessa

This is an out there recommendation but give Horn of Plenty a try too. It is impable.