Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
razzlecupcake

Rose Petals and Champa Hair Gloss

Champa resinoid, frankincense, red wine kyphi, and myrrh.

This reminds me a lot of Frankincense, Myrrh, and Rose Petal Beads bath oil. It smells more hard incensy (like Midnight Mass) in the bottle, but the champa develops on and combines with the red wine to make it significantly fruity. I love it, but I also bought 2-3 bottle of that bath oil, so YMMV. :) 8/10

Okay, this is wonderful.

I ordered a decant of this on a lark, and I think I'm going to have to get a bottle of my own.

The rose and the wine kyphi are combining to make something sweet and juicy and beautiful. It's like if roses made edible berries, this is what that berry juice would smell like! Nomnomnom.

I will use this as a skin gloss for sure, as well as in my hair. I only request that it comes back later as a perfume so I can slather it all the time, everywhere!

LOVE! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ooh pretty pretty...

lovely incensey, light-ish but still present. LOVE this. This will go nicely with many different things, and be a well behaved rose when I don't want to live in a cloud of Rose Red.

Each Luper that I've tried this year has been a knockout, and this lovely gloss is no different. If rose were a juicy, honeyed fruit on a platter in a harem, this is what it would smell like. This is a juicy, fruity rose with a hint of smoke from the champa. I'm not smelling any myrrh- but I bet it's adding a little smoke and sweetness. This reminds me of Saint Foutin de Varailles, and to a lesser extent, The Flowers Cleave Apart (though with rose instead of jasmine). All in all, this is a very playful and stunning scent. :wub2:

Edited by ellocentipede

I guess I didn't read the description closely enough before buying this...I was expecting more champa and rose, and what I got was red wine and a hint of incense. For people who don't want much rose this will be fine, but it is not for me. It is ok, but not a keeper for me by any means. Sad, since I bought a full bottle.

this is wine with incense burning in the background. it is mostly wine and a hint of fruity rose with the incense supporting. this smells very decadent. pleasantly surprised!

Edited by theseagrows

First out of the bottle this smells like sugared rose petals to me. The resins don't come out to play until it's dried down a little. I really like this one - it's not overwhelmingly sweet, and the resins play really well with the rose scent.

Origin: Bought at the Dirty South Will Call

Initial Thoughts: This one I skipped right over when I first looked over the Luper offerings. The first problem was rose - I had only just discovered that rose does not go stinky in my hair the way it does on my skin - and the second and third problems were frankincense and myrrh, both of which amp horribly on my skin. But at the Will Call I took a regretful sniff, and then tried a regretful spray on my hair. And discovered something new.

In the Bottle: Heady rich wine. Something, probably the myrrh, is giving it a bitter edge.

On Wet Hair: Overwhelmingly rose, but a rich and honey-sweet rose without a trace of the green-stem issue that plagues me with most rose blends. Where Rose Red might be a winter/spring chilly rose, this is a lush summer rose.

Dry: The hair dryer brings out the incense more and balances the whole thing. It's still a rich and sultry rose, but there's more complexity and mystery.

Verdict: I can't stop huffing my hair. I think I'm going to need another bottle before the Lupers disappear.

If Blood Rose had a little sister, it would be Rose Petals and Champa hair gloss! This smells like pink roses to me, if they twined around the smell of wine incense. Yet even with the champa resinoid, myrrh, kyphi, and frankincense...this is so fresh and light, almost juicy. Another fantastic rose hair gloss from the Post.

I really, really love this, though I've only tried it on skin so far, not in hair yet. I agree with LiberAmoris that it definitely smells like pink roses, similar to London, but with an additional thick, rich sweetness. Perfect balance of pretty and sexy, and there's a tiny hint of incense in the drydown, so I'm intrigued to see how this goes in hair, I find it fascinating that many of the glosses bring out more complex notes in hair than they do on skin...

Cold sniff: A few red rose petals floating in a bowl of the red wine kyphi.

In my hair: And wow, just like that, the frank, champa, and myrrh march right in! The red roses and red wine are still present, but not as strong at first. Over time, all notes blend together in a harmonious whole. :)

I love champa and wine scents, so I decided to take a chance on this one based on reviews, hoping I would just get a hint of rose petals. I was not disappointed! This is a beautiful incensed soft rose wine scent, that's pretty much all I can say. I love it and will wear it a lot this spring and summer. It goes great with Blood Rose, Zombi, and other softer rose scents.

Light rose, red wine and tons of resins. This is a incensey + slight bit of rose blend. Very womanly, subtly sexy.

I just used 1 spray of this in my hair while I was at work because I was a frizzball, and my co worker walked past and said "who is burning incense?" so probably wont be using this for work again haha.

Anyway, in the bottle it smells like syrupy sweet rose candies and light incense.

Once on my hair, the syrupy sweetness goes away and its rose petals soaked in red wine, with incense smoke in the background.

It reminds me of blood rose except incense instead of dragons blood. I wore white peach and incense HG last night and there was still incensey traces hanging around this morning so that may be contributing to what I'm smelling now.

This is growing on me. I'll certainly keep it but probably not my first choice for work scent ;)

I'm glad I've only got a decant of this.

For me, this is almost a single note, old-fashioned rose scent, as everything else stays in the background and somehow intensifies the rose. The rose is heavy, rich and thick, and reminds me of Turkish Delight minus the chocolate coating, (and I'm not a fan of TD.)

It has moderate throw and lasts for almost 12 hours. (I have long, dry hair and dry skin, so I use 4 or 5 squirts of the hair glosses.)

I'm not sure I'll be keeping this as it's not really me.

Sweet wine grapes, roses & resins. Super strong. I have long, thick hair & usually apply between 6-10 sprays. RP&C is so strongly fragranced that 4 sprays is about the maximum that I can put on, for fear of overwhelming all around me. Rich stuff.