Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
razzlecupcake

Whiskey, Candlesmoke, and Musk Atmosphere Spray

With the faintest hint of opium smoke.

This smells like Winchesters, for those in the Supernatural fandom. The musk makes it sweeter than you might expect, but it is definitely a saloon-esque scent. I keep expecting leather to be in there, but it's more the idea of it. I sort of love this one a whole lot and I'm very glad I bought a bottle unsniffed! :D 10/10

I can't even believe how good this smells. The whiskey is pure like in Mad Sweeney. The opium and candlesmoke give a soft, hazy, sweet base. Very atmospheric. The notes all blend together perfectly. Sultry and boozy. Exactly what I wanted!

Holy cow, how are people not raving about this?! I thought from the notes it had the potential to be pretty funky-stinky, but wanted to try a decant all the same and boy was I blown away! When first sprayed the notes are pretty discernible, and it smells good-- like a hunky dude in a bar, but then they blend together and it becomes this glorious incense and spice and warmth and golden glow... it's hard to describe, but if you like incense blends that smell like your favorite occult bookshop this is for you. Great lasting power too. Sprayed twice in my car and could smell it for 3 days. Probably my favorite atmo since Thriambus!

Edited by MCS4096

This doesn't smell exactly like Drambuie, but it smells very similar. Not in a way where it smells like booze, but just in that smokey, sweet, rich way where Drambuie smells like the nectar of the gods. I love this. It's my imaginary boyfriend smell, where I've been spraying it in my hoodies to pretend a boy just finished wearing them. This is the first atmo I've really liked, and I'm considering buying a backup so I can have imaginary boyfriend smell forever.

This smells like a dark bar...lit by candles...and it's closing time. I have had my whiskey and the bartender has blown out the candles so all that is left is the smoke. Such a jarring, evocative scent...but not for me. Not a whiskey fan...now if this was bourbon...I would probably buy five million bottles. But the whiskey note is way too realistic for my stomach to handle. :D

OMGosh. Raving here, previous poster MCS4096.

This is awesome. It doesn't smell like a bar to me (hey I am a child of the 80s, I think bar I think McSorley's at 7am, which smelled like 50 years of spilled beer, throw up and cigarettes. Blergh), but it could be the idea of say, a speakeasy in the 1920s? There is a boozy smell, but it's not overwhelming or extremely specific to me. It just adds beautiful depth.

The musk makes an amazing incense. I sprayed it last night and kept thinking what is that? Is that my perfume? but it wasn't, it was the sofa where I'd spray the stuff.

Just beautiful.

Sorry this review makes no sense, but I am so overwhelmed by this. I thought it might be "fun" but instead it's really serious and gorgeous. It's like falling in love.

oh this is so evocative! at first spray i get a hint of the whisky, then lots of musk and candle smoke. i cannot wear the candle note on my skin but i am truly loving it in the atmo. sprays. after it settles for a minute or two, it's mostly candles and musk with a hint of whisky. it does make me think of a bar with antique dark woods only lit by candles. so nice.

This stuff was *strong*. When I first sprayed it my head snapped back. But I had a decant bottle that I worried was leaking, and after changing bottles I put the emptied one in my bathroom to just diffuse into the air. It worked perfectly, and the smell lasted for weeks, and I loved it. I think this scent would work awesome with a wick diffuser, and would smell for *months*.

This atmo really is strong! It's just what it claims to be: whiskey, candlesmoke, and musk. One spray is enough to scent my entire front hallway for days, and it does remind me a bit of a great bar lit by votives, when you're standing close to someone who smells...really good. I had a bizarre scent memory when I first sprayed it, as it smells just like one room at Sleep No More, the open theatre production here in NYC. This is not a bad association at all, and imbues this atmo with a bit of mystery and sex appeal.

My husband has been given stewardship over this bottle, because he liked it so much that he struck his claim on it. :D

I was so sure I was gonna love this, with the candlesmoke, musk and opium notes, and the big love it's been getting on FB, but just...no. HELLZ no!!

I've been spraying it on my sleeve, as I do with all atmo/linen sprays, since I have chemical sensitivity issues and don't like to spray in the air and inhale stuff. Initially sprayed, there was a brief few seconds of lovely candlesmoke and a promising hint of beeswax, but then it went directly to hell. The whiskey is not the bourbon-type whiskey I love, this is 100% Scotch Whiskey, round and boozy and Christmas cake smelling - it smells exactly like a Scotch Whiskey distillery we visited when I was little, and the smell is exactly as nauseating as I remember from that day :( My mum's analysis was that it smelled like the medieval history museum we once visited - they were pumping in this atmospheric aroma that was sort of muddy and sewer-y and boozy and unpleasant, and I think she hit the nail on the head. Sprayed on clothes, it smells like you've been on a long alcoholic bender, and possibly slept in a puddle of your own wee, which oddly isn't a vibe I frequently like to give off :laugh:

...I'll say one thing though, it has the staying power of a Duracell bunny, so much so that my hoodie has become utterly intolerable and will be going directly into the wash :ugh:

Oh god, I get whiskey, touch of smoky beeswax, and musk. And yeah, this smells like it should be a haunted saloon. It's atmospheric, sexy, and just boozy enough. Very sexy.

The musk and whisky in this are so nice. The candlesmoke seems to be smell that's winning out in the end, though. It's a sweet-ish beeswax kinda smell, with some musk hanging around the edges. Sweet, inviting, somewhat homey? It reminds me of someone's home, it's a nice scent memory.

Edited by torikitty

I really didn't like this one. I ended up having to throw the paper towel I sprayed one spray on away because I couldn't stand the smell out of it, and it was so damn strong. To my nose, I got mostly a dark, grape-like musk (the musk I hate the most) with just a little beeswax-tinged candle smoke and whiskey behind it. I don't know what it was like later in the night because I only tolerated it for about an hour. I love beeswax/candle scents, but this one isn't for me. You have to like this sort of musk in order to enjoy this one.

Edited by doomsday_disco