Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
razzlecupcake

Olibanum, Blood, and Clove Atmosphere Spray

Unhallowed passion.

Weirdly, in the bottle this smelled salty! But in the air all I get from it is frankincense. Luckily, I like frankincense. XD 6/10

This is awesome! It is mostly olibanum, of the sort you've smelled if you're familiar with the SN (very real smelling.. woody and sappy), with a little bit of perfumey saltiness and spice.. maybe like a drop of Blood Popsicle made it in here. It's actually a great compliment to the Whisky, Candlesmoke and Musk atmo-- they are great together, and I like this one almost as much as that one because they are similar in feel-- cozy incense soaked occult bookshop, but this one doesnt have as great of staying power. A couple sprays faded away to nothing within an hour (some may prefer that anyway).

This is gorgeous. And MCS4096, we must be scent relatives because I agree, it's amazing with the Whiskey one, as I found out yesterday, spraying stuff willy nilly with glee and abandon.

I get clove in here, and it's lovely.

I do really really love this, but I find it goes poof. Silly stuff...

Edited by stellamaris

The frankincense is the most dominant note, with very faint hints of clove. It's like a lighter version of the Frankincense and Clove hair gloss. Unfortunately, I don't get any blood note, which I always love. :sad: My decant is nice but I don't need a bottle, as I already have other frankincense-dominant room sprays in my collection.

Second disaster of the day, in the linen sprays department :(

Freshly sprayed, medicinal and astringent, smells very similar to the Laudanum perfume, mixed with red wine. Once dry, mahogany tables. Not the merest sausage of clove or blood :( I'm not sure what Olibanum smells like, but from this I would hazard a guess at something between mahogany and sassafras...

Frankincense, a hint of blood and clove. This really smells resinous, with just a touch of salty blood and the smoky clove underneath. It smells like a proper parlour room, that just happens to host a debauched orgy every other Friday after tea time. You know, all very decorous. Except it isn't.

Dusty, powdery type resins with a sharp, astringent, medicinal type of clove and a cold, metallic edge from the blood note. I like my spices and resins to be sweeter than this one is.