Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
theseagrows

The First Love Fades Too Atmosphere Spray

Blackened vanilla, white sandalwood, crushed lavender, and oudh.

oh wow, this is so beautiful. it does have a TKO sort of thing going on in the very beginning, which is nice, as TKO is one of my favorites, but the white sandalwood and oudh add this lovely soft musky-woodiness that makes this less sweet and gourmand than TKO. i get lavender, then vanilla, the the oudh, which adds a gorgeous depth, then they sort of blend together, and i swear i am getting something kind of like white musk from this, but maybe that's the white sandalwood, which i have tried in scents, but i admit, am not too great at picking it out. whatever it is, it's heavenly, but very soft. this scent smells very luxurious to me and it is relaxing due to the lavender. the woods/oudh add a  depth to this that i really love. i find it to be one of the more subtle room sprays, and it's a very "me" scent so i think this will be getting a lot of everyday use from me. i would love this in a perfume. :wub: 

Edited by theseagrows

Ooh la la! Love love love this! Very lavender heavy, but the sweet kind not the astringent herbal kind. I get only a hint of vanilla; it's mostly just lavender with this beautiful woody backbone (from the sandalwood and oudh combination which is lovely). Very luxurious and calming and soothing. This doesn't last too long as an atmo but lingers forever on my sheets and pillows. I want my bedroom to smell like this all the time.

TKO lovers (I am one), The First Love Fades Too is probably the closest you are going to get to a TKO atmo (unless the lab decides to release an actual TKO atmo). I bought the Erebos atmo as a dupe for TKO, but ultimately found the florals offputting.

The First Love Fades Too does not disappoint though. It is mostly lavendar and vanilla, with the oudh and sandalwood in the background. The notes are blended perfectly. It is fresh, lovely, inviting, and appropriate for almost any occasion. Again, I think TKO lovers should get this, as I doubt another atmo is going to come so close.

Edited by AmandaKay

Whoa this is amazing. Beautiful.

I have to hoard this for my job, my girl loves lavender like a maniac, so I spray all her stuff and often my clothes with it. She's very scent sensitive (I am a personal makeup artist for an actress) for instance hates patchouli (probably due to having hippie parents), but loves lavender, and loves scented things, so I am always on the lookout for something with a specific scent, that isn't obnoxious, as we work in a room with other humans. This is perfect.

So pretty. :heart: Definitely my favorite BPTP blend out of their Lupers this year.

When I got this I sprayed it on and was initially disappointed. It was a nice, non-astringent lavender slightly darkened by the oudh, but it still smelled predominantly like basic lavender EO - no complexity to differentiate it. Thankfully I let it sit a few days and that seemed to allow everything to settle. Now I get the same lavender but with the warmth of a beautiful, soft vanilla backing it. I can't really pick out the sandalwood but it's still a lovely, comforting combo.

Oh god. This is soft lavender, vanilla and a touch of sandalwood. This is dreamy, sleepy, and very cuddly.

LOVE IT.

This is so soft and comforting. I mostly smell lavender and vanilla and it's beautiful.

I think I may be the one dissenting voice here: This smells like powder and old lady perfume. My husband's immediate comment was, "Why did you just make our house smell like my mom?" I think it's the vanilla that is not working for us. It's a kind of fake, powdery vanilla we're familiar with from things like Love's Baby Soft.

Not a winner at chez kakiphony.

Edited by kakiphony

Definitely a lavender scent, but the oudh and sandalwood make this a very woody herbal scent. I used it on my pillowcase and it is very long-lasting. Unfortunately, it doesn't "feel" or smell like a sleep-scent to me, so my decant will suffice. I will definitely use it as a room spray, though, and it would be work-safe for those who want something in that category.

I really like this. I've always found TKO to be all head-throbing lavender, so I've always been worried about anything that has it. I was super pleased with this one, though! To me, this is the perfect "clean house" scent. It has the freshness to feel light and airy, but the vanilla stops it from being too soapy or artificial. Or, if you look at it the other way, the vanilla and sandlewood are kept from being too perfumey by the lavender and oudh. It's light but pervasive - scented enough to be noticed and to cover dusty or stale air without being overpowering and distracting. This is an atmo that *enhances* a room, rather than trying to be the *star* of the room.

Yes, The First Love Fades Too is gorgeous. That blackened vanilla note isn't too sweet; the sandalwood is nice and dry; the crushed lavender lacks the astringent quality that can sometimes pitch a scent distractingly high; and the oudh is...good. This feels like the atmo companion to Black Cardamom and Vanilla hair gloss, as it shares notes of black vanilla and oudh.

This is great sprayed on my sheets, and I agree that this feels like it's in the same family as TKO. It's very relaxing and works well as a sleep spray. But I think my favorite application so far is on my bathrobe, as the scent is wonderful but the sillage isn't as strong as with some other atmos. I think it would be equally good on the inside of a jacket. I'd wear a perfume that smells like this in a heart beat!

This is so wonderful. I used a spritz on my pillow last night and I just wanted to hug my pillow :laugh: Lavender, vanilla, with a touch of woods. It's just so comforting. The scent stuck around for a decent while as I was drifting off to sleep.

I have been loving this so harcore! I've only had my bottle about a month and its nearly 1/2 gone.

To me, this smells like a musky-er and only slightly oudh-y version of Lush's Twilight. Its a richly sweet and almost dusty lavender, with dark embracing undertones. LOVE

While I am writing reviews of atmos that I got a decant of and loved so much I was forced to upgrade to a full-sized bottle despite having enough atmo to scent several houses for the rest of my life, I thought I should stop by this thread. XD Because this is that atmo! (The other one was Revenant Rhythm.)

This is just beautiful. When my decant first arrived I did what I do when I smell all my atmo decants, which is twist off the top and pull the sprayer out a little to take a huff from the bottle. At first huff I thought this was going to be too perfumey for me. But I guess I got a little on my hand when I did that, because later on I kept catching whiffs of something lovely and incensey and thinking "what IS that gorgeous scent??" Well I finally figured it out. And this went immediately to my bedside to be used on my pillow. After using it every single night for a couple of weeks I decided this was my One True Bedtime Atmo and got a big bottle.

This is a nice soft sweet lavender, not the harsh herbal kind. The sweetness is given an extra boost by the vanilla. The oude and sandalwood give it a soft incense vibe. It's lovely and calming. I have a very hard time falling asleep, and I have been using various calming scents in an attempt to train my dumb brain that when it smells (bedtime smell) it is time to turn off and get some rest.

It's probably as close as there will ever be to an atmo version of the Agony of Loss (French lavender, cedar, armoise, white sandalwood, awapuhi, and the smoke of burning love letters). My dear friend Brooke Stant and I are both fans of Agony of Loss, so I gave her my decant of this atmo last time I saw her because I knew she'd like it, too. My will call sold out of this, so I think it was quite popular, as it should be.

If you like lavender but don't want a harsh herbal lavender, if you want a sleep scent that is incensey instead of medicinal, this is your jam. It lives on my bedside and I use it every night. Beautiful.

Edited by myth

I love this one. When I got TKO, I loved it but it wasn't what I was hoping for in a sleepy time lavender blend. The First Love Fades Too is my dream lavender scent. Soft and dreamy and not too sweet (sweet makes me hungry!) It smells....deep.