Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ReallyZeb

Late Autumn Honey Bath Oil

Thick raw honey with a touch of Russian sage and hyssop.

While it's in the bottle this is the richest, thickest honey ever and it's gorgeous. Once in the bath it is far more subtle - a gentle hint of honey and a fresh, slightly medicinal quality from the herbs. It doesn't linger though and feels rather ephemeral. I suspect if I used my bath oil as a moisturiser then the scent would stick around much longer.

I've been so obsessed with honey scents since Imaginer and White Bees, and this is lovely too. Sadly it's as good as useless in the bath - the scent just totally disappears, which is a shame, with my other BPAL oils, when I run the bath the whole room fills with the scent, but this, nope, even sitting in the bath and adding more, almost no scent at all. So instead I've been using it as body oil/perfume today, and for that it's wonderful - the additional of sage to the honey is so beautiful, freshly applied it just adds a hint of dry, dusty herbiness, and it feels more like early autumn, in mood, it smells like the sunset of fading summer, with sun-warmed grass just beginning to cool; that's how the sage smells to me, it's very light and pleasant. Later on into the drydown, it becomes less sweet, and more of a light musky herb-scent. Even as body oil, the scent doesn't linger as long as I'd like, but I suspect that if I slather myself in it post-bath, and then put on my pyjamas, they will end up smelling fabulous! :wub3:

Overall, I do wish it worked in the bath, but fortunately my order also brought a backup bottle of my favourite BPAL bath oil, so I'm covered for baths! And it smells lovely enough to be a body oil keeper - so much lazy late-summer evening atmosphere :wub2:

This may be too good to pour in the bath. I am clearly going to need more bath oil, this is the perfect lovely honey, with other outdoorsy stuff. Really fresh and nice.

Ye gods, this is the honey of all honeys. Animalistic honey with a hint of herbal sage (not too intense) and slightly musky hyssop. I need gallons of this.

Bath oil works great as an after shower moisturizer. I can't waste this precious in the bathwater but I am freely slathering it. My skin is very soft now. Also, this is very soothing to my freshly shaved skin and winter stressed dry spots.

If you love honey, stock up.

Edited by sprout

I used this to moisturize my arms (concentrating on my elbows) after my shower. In the bottle it was a deep, herbal honey. On my skin the herbs quickly take over the honey. This fades nicely, and I'm left with moisturized skin that smells great up close, but doesn't have much throw. (I am a huge fan of "not much throw." It makes it possible for me to wear scent at work without overpowering my officemates.) It fades into a dry herbal scent, with a bit of something deep, sweet, warm and maybe just a little woody and a little bit musky at the base. It's quite lovely.

Edited by kakiphony

I love honey and sage, so I was looking forward to this one. I smell the sage in the bottle, and definitely the honey. On, it's more the hyssop than anything, but the air around me smells really good. Not too sweet, a mildly herbal/floral honey. I like this, I think it would be a perfect summer blend rather than autumn, though.

Cold sniff: Wildflower honey (sweet but not too sweet) with the herbal touches of sage and hyssop to lighten the sweetness.

Wet: The herbs shift forward.

Dry: I like this, as it's like a summertime version of L'Autemno bath oil (my all-time fav bath oil), but it does leave only a faint scent. Nice for spring/summer.

Thick medicinal honey, sage and a touch of white flowers. This one definitely smells like honey that you'd eat in case you were sick. It's got that medicinal edge to it, with a very woody sage as a base.

I purchased this after-market, and was worried at first it had gone off - in the bottle it smells only of carrier oil

I needn't have worried though, once it warms on my skin, it blooms into the most amazing honey note I have ever smelled. It's gorgeous. Better than O. Better than Womb Furie. At least as good as White Bees Swarming. I really love it. The sage behaves, and the hyssop is muted and quite pretty, reminding me of the hyssop note in Hellhound. My only complaint is that this isn't very strong after a few mins on my skin. Freshly applied though - heaven. And where I got it on my sheets and pajamas, also heaven. Happy I took the chance on this one!