Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White apple, benzoin, and oudh.

Slightly sweet apple, benzoin makes it much sweeter and the oude dries it out to keep it incensey on my skin this is truly one of the best apple scents I have ever had. This will get a lot of use and I may just need a back up before it goes away.

I always love Beth's apple notes, but rarely wear any as they are too foody for my personal tastes. This is an exception, the other notes make it definitely apple but not at all foody to my nose. A lovely scent :)

Definitely a more grown up apple blend without that overly fruity, sweetness. I love it. I agree with a review above in saying that the oudh makes it smell a little bit incense-y. The more it dries the more refined it becomes and I can see myself wearing this during the full bloom of Summer all the way into the depths of Fall. Very pretty!

Edited by Haltija

Crisp green apple that dries down to a crisp apple and sweet benzoin/incense blend. It goes from a sharp, almost soapy green apple to a very warm incensey blend. Good throw, good wear length.

Warm, green apple, incense.

I get loads of that crisp white apple interior scent when I first apply Faces Cleaving Each to Each, which is really apple-y strong for a while. I really enjoy it, but it's definitely the lead note for a while. The benzoin and oudh are more prominent on the drydown, where they balance that apple zing and bring a woodsy, resiny feel into the picture. The drydown is definitely my favorite stage...the bottom notes meld and smell a bit like vanilla-infused oudh. Very pretty!

Not quite as apply as expected!

This goes on with a very crisp, slightly tart green apple note. Behind that apple is a soft resiny-sweet scent that comes out more as it dries, while the apple note softens and sweetens up a bit. This is a fairly unique apple scent -- I've tried a lot of apple scents, and I don't think I've ever tried one like this. An interesting, non-foody apple scent.

Apple Peel. like, the woody stem, the peel of the apple, and maybe the core with all the seeds. not a sour green apple, and not a fake-red-apple smell like you'd get from B&BW, but like a real apple (like the one from Snow Glass Apples?)... just the peel. woodsy apple, not floral or foody.

no Salon Selectives 90s hairspray smell, either!

Wet: high, clear, winey apple juice, quickly deepened with the oudh. As it dries, it goes almost pure apple fruit single note on me - something rich, tart, and dark-skinned, like a Winesap or an Arkansas Black. I love apple blends and this one definitely earns a bottle spot.

In early stages, this is glorious. It starts out as straight up fresh apple, like just-cut-an-apple-in-half apple, which is an experience I've never gotten from a perfume before. The apple sticks around a reasonable amount of time, softened and sweetened by the other notes.

The apple doesn't stick around super long, but the base certainly does.....twelve hours later I still gets wafts when I move my arm, but what's left is strangely reminiscent of the Wild Musk perfume I had in high school. :blink: It's not at all a bad scent, just not remotely what I would have expected.

Mmm, this is nice. Starts out with mostly the apple note, which is a crisp, juicy, really realistic note. I think this is a new note the Lab started getting in the last few years. It's different from the note in, say, Poisoned Apple, and more like the one in The Gas Lamps' Flare (FWIW, I like both). The benzoin and oud then come in to make a soft incensey cloud around the apple. I've had oud take a stronger role before (as in Sinus Amoris, Angel of Death), but here it blends really well with the benzoin and is just kind of a soft indistinct incense. The blend is lovely, but does not have much throw or longevity on my skin at this time. I'm hoping it will get more oomph with age, but it really does smell great.

This smells like White Rain shampoo to me, if White Rain shampoo had been a complex, real, true apple. It reminds me of childhood, and smells so clean and sweet. Hmmm, love it!

I guess I neglected to review most of the Lupers I purchased last year.

I love the white apple note in this one, and I'm a fan of benzoin. After a year of aging, the oudh note seems like it is even more prominent than it was when I first purchased it. It deeps and darkens the scent and ends up being one of the most prominent notes on my skin, especially in the crook of my elbows.

I like the scent, but I don't love it. I actually think I liked this more when it was fresh, as I don't recall the oudh note being this strong when I first got it. The apple note is really nice, though.

True apple. Fresh off the tree, unbitten, musty, dusty, late-autumn apple.

This isn't apple + incense, this is like the scent of a room that's had a fresh apple pomander in it every month for years. Warm, sweet, mushy apple. Absolutely divine. 

I got Faces Cleaving in hopes of a yummy apple version of I Am Tired of Tears and Laughter. It is related, I just don’t know if it’s a scent I want to wear...

Fresh fresh apple, very strong when first applied, reminds me of shampoo, though a better version. The benzoin quickly comes forth to balance out the scent with resinous sweetness. I think the oudh is just giving a bit of an incense tone, as others have commented, and that’s just like I am Tired.
The apple is where I am hesitant about keeping the scent. It’s a very clean resinous scent, and I usually like warm/cooked apples more.... I’ll see how I enjoy it after another wear. I don’t have any other really fresh apple scents, so it might be something I crave occasionally. 

Edited by artisjok