Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TallGrrl78

Rose-Boughs and Rose-Roots Hair Gloss

Vibrant red and white rose petals, thorny boughs, and gnarled roots.

Dried rich rose petals with woody stems and leaves. The rose scent is the focus with the roots and leaves supporting it adding a bit of earthiness.

Love this! :wub2:

Average throw/wear length.

My very first review. Here we go...

When first applied, I get a lovely rose with a hint of green supported by woods. These are slightly earthy woods instead of soft, sweet woods (they remind me of the woods in Ouija). At this stage, it's about half and half, woods and roses.

As it dries, the woods start to take over more. The rose is still there but I notice the woods more. I think I'm getting a little more throw from the wood notes while the rose is sticking close to my hair. Or maybe I'm just noticing the woods more because I'm trying to decide if I like them or not.

And I second TallGrrl's statement on average throw/wear length.

Overall, this is pleasant but a little earthier than I had hoped for.

Oh, this is very nice...

I'm getting strong rose water and soft frankincense, precisely. I don't smell any green notes or dirt notes, just those two. I agree that the scent throw is average. To me, this is a beautiful light and ethereal scent. I think any rose enthusiasts out there will love this.

Very beautiful, and keeps my hair nice and soft! This is very much a rose scent, with a slight greener tone to it. I love putting my hair down later in the day and being surprised with my hair still smelling lovely!

First sprayed from the bottle - ROSES. Roses and roses and roses. It's more of an antique-rose, and after a moment it reminds me a lot of the Weenie Atmo Red Roses and Old Bones. This would be fantastic for the lovers of old fashioned rose scents.

The Post really spoils us with rose hair glosses! Rose-Boughs and Rose-Roots hair gloss is a soft, sweet rose, reminiscent of a really lovely, fine-milled rose soap. It does have an old-fashioned feel...there's something Victorian about this one. I'm not getting strong greenery or roots, the petals definitely lead the charge here. I agree with the medium wear length, and can still smell it faintly at the end of the day. Pretty!

I get rose petals. Straight up rose petals. It's rosey, feminine and not that strong. I find it very classic.

i'm trying this on my skin, not my hair. it's definitely more of a white rose on me, which has a tendency to go a bit sour on me at times.  the greenery and roots are very earthy and almost bitter. after about half an hour the bitterness dies down thankfully, and it's a pure white rose on me now. i don't get a sweeter, voluptuous red rose at all. i get a more green and dry white rose definitely. not bad, but i prefer a darker and richer rose personally.

I think there is a bit of rose geranium in here contributing to the earthiness and I agree that it has an old-fashioned feel.