Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mergekat

Aspen-Leaves and Fears Hair Gloss

Honey streaked with red musk and saffron.

Utterly perfect. :wub3:

The hair gloss really has some shine and scent power to back itself up. This is what I wish the Sin Hair Gloss had been more like in its usage of red musk and throw. This one has an amazingly strong scent for me, even in this cold weather. The red musk is very smooth, enhanced with the usage of honey to it. The saffron adds a warming quality, but also something unexpected. It makes it almost have a dry woody vibe like I find in Shiny Furball. Despite that particular Halloween HG being a cedar wood note. It really utilizes what I love about those other hair glosses quite well. I may have to get a back-up as I may use this practically daily.

I love these three notes individually. There are three of my favorite notes.

And yet...

And yet, I can't place exactly why this doesn't seem to be working out for me. :(

The red musk is not doing the Smut-like thing I thought it was going to do. Instead, it seems to be mixing with the saffron to do a startling impression of powdery myrrh. There's, strangely, a little bit of nag champ that seems to be bringing up the rear.

No honey anywhere in sight.

I'm truly baffled.

I'll re-test in a few days- maybe shipping got it all in a tangle, and I hope that's the case. But I admit I don't have much hope for this one.

*Sigh*

:cry2:

Ok, so this is my eighth bottle of hair gloss and it is now my second favorite (Snake Oil is the #1). The honey and the red musk! it's like the Infernal Lover perfume with saffron. It's so heady and rich. There are many things that I have that I get told I smell like a headshop, which people seem to really love and this has that quality also. In fact I would even say that this smells a little bit like Nag Champa which I normally can't stand but Aspen Leaves and Fears is liquid sex. That's the best review I can give haha!

Edited by Duskinhereyes

Honey never plays well on me but I did try a little of this in a scarf as I was decanting last night and OH. I am going to have to see if I can trade my left overs of other decants for some of this. The honey is definitely more pure honey, the saffron taking the sweetness down just a notch. The musk is totally killer too.

This is a seriously great hair gloss blend and not one I would have picked up for myself with that honey note lingering.

i don't use a ton of hair gloss, so i haven't tried a lot of them, only a few, but thus far, this one is my favorite (besides dorian.) bpal's honey note sometimes doesn't work on me, but it's divine here. this is a thick, rich honeyed saffron-musk. there is something *almost* cocoa-y in this, for lack of a better word, that adds this richness (but is not the cacao note or anything. just can't figure out how to describe it. it must be the honey?) anyway, i find it very pretty and sexy and i'm so glad i got a decant of this!

Edited by theseagrows

Holy Amazing Batpeople!!! Thank you for enabling me, thank you...this is the Hair Gloss sister of the Whiskey, Candlelight and Awesome Atmosphere Spray. It is gorgeous, dark and incensey, without the patchouli hit. Freaking amazing. It does have the Nag Champa vibe in it, it is just glorious.

This is my second favorite HG from the Lupers this year. Very close to number one. It is heavy on the red musk and saffron with a touch of honey. Honey is soft and light and is overshadowed by the musk. This bares a strong resemblance to the Red Shirt Diaries HG that came out a few months ago.

Aspen-Leaves and Fears hair gloss really is a bit like Infernal Lover! I can also see the comparisons to nag champa, and it's true, this is awesomely incensey. The honey and red musk are so good together, and then the touch of saffron gives it a spicy/dusty floral edge. I really like this, and it's great for layering with red musk and honey perfumes.

Another hair gloss in the WIN column! I have to echo those who say this is reminiscent of The Infernal Lover. In fact, I sprayed my decant on my wrist and then compared it to my bottle of perfume. The hair gloss has a bit more honey and slightly less red musk than IL, and the saffron gives it a somewhat dry, dusty note, while there is an overall incense vibe to this. Altogether, it's just gorgeous and will go beautifully with other red musk scents. If you missed out on the Red Shirt Diaries, you should be snatching this one ASAP!

Edited by Poenari

Lovely honeyed red musk, I love the smell of this gloss, and it makes my hair shiny and manageable. The big BUT, is that the scent fades as soon as my hair dries. BOO.

Sweet, incense-y goodness. It's blended very well - the red is strong but not dominant! The saffron gives it a smooth resinous-y feel and the honey lightens it all up a bit;makes it sweet but not foodie in any way.

Very professional and technical review there, mhm, yes. Gosh so grateful to the lovely person that passed me a freebie sample of this. I'm kicking myself for having missed it! It's perfection combined with my Fenris Wolf/Snake Oil concoction.

Red musk, honey and a touch of saffron. I get a ton of red musk from this, sweetened by honey. I think I forgot that this was red musk centric, and neglected to read the description again because I expected something fall like - with the aspen leaves reference. Ah well. Heavy, sexy, red.

What is there to even say about this? It's exactly as it claims to be - red musk (sexy!) saffron (intriguing and alluring!) and honey (sexy and sweet!). Pretty happy about the whole thing, really.