Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Serving Tea After Coitus

Green tea, heady honey, white plum, ambergris accord, and vanilla flower.

Yesterday I went to DSWC and brought home a bottle of this beautiful blend.

In the bottle: Astringent tea.

Wet: Honey! Wonderful true honey just like opening up a jar and having that wonderful aroma drift up to your nose and say "Hello, sexy." It also has just a hint of the vanilla flower behind it.

Drying: The sweet honey moves to the background as the florals move to the front. I think this is plum blossom but it could be ambergris. I'm not familiar with the scent of ambergris, unfortunately.

Dry: Florals with a honey-backing and a hint of vanilla with a whisper of musk when sniffed up close. I really like this one. It's got the right amount of sweetness and light airyness to it that makes it perfect for sultry Georgia springs/summers/falls. (It seems like summer eats up most of the year here!) I'm strongly considering picking up another bottle of this during next will-call.

in the decant: Mostly honey and floral vanilla, with a touch of ambergris

wet: Honey honey honey! And something that reminds me of the orchid in Regan (I think vanilla flower is technically an orchid?) A very wet scent. I feel like I sense the tea tempering the sweetness of the honey and the flowers more than I actually smell it

dry: Honeyed orchid, with crazy throw (I can barely smell the other scents I'm testing over this); up close I can still get some of the tea and a bit of the muskiness of the ambergris (which I'm not crazy about), but from far away it's all heavy floral; a bit too heavy floral for me to see wearing it often

verdict: swap or sell

retested a month later – now I'm getting warm vanilla flower overlaying green tea with just a touch of honey; everything has smoothed over and the heaviness of the floral has died way back, tempered by the tea. The scent doesn't feel as wet and sharp as before either, more like the aftermath of tea, spilled on a table; it's really really nice, definitely hanging on to the imp now!
Wear when wanting: something sexy, lightly exotic, and playful, mostly a spring/summer scent

• ITI: Powdery, but pleasantly so like Lush's Silky Underwear dusting powder. There's a slight soapiness to this from the plum, but the dusting of honey powder and green tea keep the scent well balanced and appealing.

Wet: The green tea and white plum are a touch more evident when it touches my skin. Strengthening as it dries, the vanilla flower and ambergris accord work together to create a faint lady-like musky perfume.

Dry: The Combination of vanilla and green tea take on a lotion tone as it tries. It's slightly sweetened with the soapy, clean plum. I'm surprised I like this, honestly. It's pleasant, lady-like, and understated.

Why do I torture myself this way? Serving Tea after Coitus is beautiful. On my skin the almost citrusy green tea is the most prominent note, blending with the plum and honey. And within an hour, like every other green tea blend, it's gone, with just the afterglow of ambergris lingering on my skin. Sigh.

In the decant, I mainly get the green tea, honey, plum, and ambergris.

On my skin, it is much the same. The green tea is clean. The honey is heady, just as it says in the description. The plum is pretty prominent, too. I'm not really a fan of plum, so I must have gotten this for the green tea and honey.

The vanilla flower really is just orchid – there's no vanilla here. The green tea and honey end up being the dominant notes once the scent is dry.

Verdict: I'm glad I was able to try it, but the plum note makes this not for me.

I love the Lab's green tea note but all honey notes have the potential to go wonky on me, and I was especially concerned about a heady honey... but all the other notes are must haves for me, so I tracked down a bottle not expecting much. Lo and behold, this is STUNNING. The honey is the only honey note I've ever experienced that actually smells like honey. There green tea and honey are by far the most prominent notes on me, with a delicate sweet floral (must be the vanilla flower). The ambergris is not readily identifiable to me, but I think it's contributing to the warm glow of the scent. I get a delicate muskiness too that could be coming from either the ambergris or the headiness of the honey. All in all, this truly smells like  lounging in a rumpled bed drinking tea in the afterglow of great sex. Beth is such an artist! I'm so glad I hunted down a bottle. 

Dry, musky, powdery white floral that's lightly sweetened with the honey.  The musk reminds me of white musk more than ambergris.  I get zero plum and zero tea.  If there was ever any plum, it does not exist anywhere in my aged bottle. 

Powdery, clean, lightly sweet, musky floral.