Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Serving Tea After Coitus

SERVING TEA AFTER COITUS

Green tea, heady honey, white plum, ambergris accord, and vanilla flower.

Fresh out of the mailbox! I tried this lovely oil first because I love the image so much. This is a very light and delicate perfume that evokes a satisfied sigh and sunlight coming through sheer curtains in early spring. The scent hugs the skin and reminds me of honeyed vanilla green tea. Very lovely! :)

This is one of the few scents that caught my nose while decanting...

cold sniff: light green tea with a sweet light fruity floral over it

on skin: the green tea is barely noticeable and doesn't scream out "I'm green tea!" which is nice, cause I don't really like green tea perfume. This reminds me alot of Perfumed Garden but more delicate and ethereal. Without looking at the notes, I was thinking I was smelling a very delicate jasmine, but it must be the plum that I'm getting and it is quite beautiful. Normally I'm wary of BPAL's honey note which can go cat pee on me... but even though the description says "heady honey", it's not out of control, it's there creating a nice demure honey sweet background. This is a gorgeous light fruity floral spring scent that seems to stick closer to the skin. :wub3:

Edited by azurephoenix

This is a very nice green tea blend. If you're a fan of Embalming Fluid, you would like this.

The green tea is very similar except the honey adds a beautiful sweetness to it. Imagine cool green tea swirled with sweet honey and a drop of vanilla and there you have it!

Normally when there's a "honey" note, it's honey with qualifiers. This smells like real, thick, swirled in, actual honey. I can definitely smell the flower out of the vanilla flower, there's a light floral note to this, and maybe that light fleshy flower petal pollen is what's adding to the gorgeous, real honey smell.

It melds mildly and wonderfully with the sharp and sweet green tea (a similar sourness to a crisp bite of green apple). I think the plum adds a very mild hint of white sugared fruit.

If you like a rounded green tea, and the smell of jars of honey, this one is beautiful and worthwhile. My favorite so far! :wub2: Yum!

Edited by unxolve

This is probably the Shunga I was most excited about, and I am really hoping it doesn't let me down.

In the decant: Mostly honey, plum, and vanilla. I'm a little nervous about this; I love honey, but nine times out of ten it turns to baby powder, and i REALLY don't want that to happen because I love tea scents so much.

On me, wet: Ooh, very nice. Honey and vanilla to me, mostly, and...there's a really prominent note that I guess must be the green tea, but it doesn't really smell like green tea to me? Ah, and there goes the honey turning to baby powder. Come on! No!

On me, dry: Oh, there's the tea! I'm not getting a whole lot of honey or plum except right up close to the skin--Ooh. It did a thing, and now it smells really sexy. The honey quit smelling so much like baby powder, and I think the ambergris showed up. Oh goodness.

It's understated, but I really like it. I'm not sure it's bottle-worthy yet, but I'm really going to love the imp as an office perfume.

Plum, honey and green tea. This is a light floral/green tea honey blend. It simple, sweet and clean in an Asian oriental sort of way. Low throw and average wear length on me. This one sticks really close to the skin.

White flowers, tea and honey.

I love how gentle this blend is—it's like the perfume equivalent of a soothing word in a time of need. Wet, I can smell all the notes, although white plum is a new one for me. But the green tea, honey, pale plum, ambergris, and vanilla flower are all there. Dry, most fall away and I'm left with green tea, honey, and a just wisp of the others. It only lasts an hour or so on me, and then it's really difficult to detect. But it seems right somehow, like it whispers something sweet in the ear and then is gone. I reapplied a few times today and didn't mind because that wet phase is so lovely.

Green tea. Definitely green tea - I have white tea testing also and this is very different. The plum is in there too, adding a bit of fruit, and just a touch of honey. It smells fresh, and like something you'd drink. After several minutes, it smells more like a perfume than a drink, despite the honey coming through a bit more. I'm having a hard time describing it, but it's really beautiful. It seems to stay a lovely floral honey scent, that lingers close to the skin for a few hours.

It's on the "maybe" list for a bottle, pending a full day's wear.

EDIT: Wearing it all day today - not so sure about a bottle now. Today is a very different day hormonally, and I'm getting lots of honey and some plum, less tea. It's gone dusty smelling on my wrists, also. Still nice, but not fantastic today. May test again next week.

Edited by AmyAngel

In the decant: sweetened green tea - but not very distinctive beyond that

dry down - hour or so later - I started noticing this smells like it's in the same family as one of my all-time favorites: Dawn: Maiden - but with green tea instead of tea rose. I'm not saying they smell the same, they don't, they barely have any notes in common. But just sitting here, not actively trying to smell myself, to me, it instantly reminds me of Dawn: Maiden, but just not rosey.

I'm mostly sad I get no plum - I had hoped for plum. But it's a very nice kind of creamy-floral honeyed green tea.

Floral green tea. Unfortunately I don't get much of the honey and the "vanilla flower" is definitely more flower than vanilla. Unfortunately not what I expected, I have a feeling this one will end up in the swap box.

I basically get a very, very light green tea with a slight floral hanging around in the back. I don't get much else.

Green tea blends tend to be very one dimensional on me. Its lovely and a bit sweeter than Shanghai or Enbalming Fluid but green tea is definitely the main player here, with honey and vanilla leading a general sweetness. I get no plum whatsoever.

this starts off with a slightly grassy green tea-it's light and fresh, as you'd imagine. i think i get the tiniest hint of plum after a few minutes but it's not very strong at all. the plum and honey seem to keep blooming through the tea. the vanilla flower isn't too strong, i perceive mostly green tea and honey in this...i was hoping for more of that vanilla flower, but this certainly isn't bad. i am glad this honey is working for me because sometimes it doesn't. i think i'm amping the plum though, which i tend to do, and after awhile i predict that it has a chance of turning plasticky...

Honeyed, fruity green tea with a subtle floral rounding it out. Oddly, the floral reminds me of tea roses.

A balanced, bright, and cheerful scent.

This one is bottle worthy. :smilenod:

Best green tea from BPAL yet? I think so. It smells exactly like chilled green tea, very refreshing. But there's also a lovely richness and suddenly it turned into honeyed tea! Still cool, but sweetened in the best of ways. The plum is perfection; juicy and sweet but not candy-ish, adding to the brightness of the tea.

There’s a soft touch of floral vanilla, but it adds just the right amount of creaminess without becoming cloying . I can’t pick out the ambergris on its own, but I know that’s what’s giving the blend its charming fizzy “twinkle” (as in Y’ha-nthlei). It’s more prominent when wet and contributes to deepening the blend as it dries. It actually keeps this from being too fruity and moves it into more mature territory.

An amazing summer blend. Bright, carefree and lovely. I want to snuggle into this scent and lay out in the sun all day.

Everyone has made such eloquent & accurate descriptions of this scent. In the bottle it's really stunning. If only my chemistry would let it stay that way.

I amp honey like nobody's business & it turns into a sticky sweet sour mess. On me, the honey completely takes over everything & makes it completely unwearable.

:cry2:

This starts out as refreshing green tea. Then it dries down into a fresh vanilla honey that's sweet and warm while still being light. It has mid-to-low throw and a good wear length for me.

Serving Tea After Coitus is a real winner with my skin chemistry. Glad I bought a bottle.

In bottle: Rich and delicate. Plum dominant, but with strong green tea support. The honey and ambergris blend well and bridge the strongest notes. Vanilla flower supports the plum. It is like old fashion hand tatted lace: intricate looking and surprisingly strong with all the threads supporting each other. Wet: Very feminine, sweet, floral green tea. The honey is now dominant with the tea a strong second. This would make a brilliant atmosphere spray for Spring. It’s just very Spring generally. Dry: Mostly vaguely floral ambergris accord.

Origin: Bought at the Dirty South Will Call

Initial Thoughts: This was one that I was watching reviews on, because while I'm all over the plum and vanilla flower, the other notes are iffy. Since the reviews were mixed about what notes emerged, I was glad I got to try it in person.

In the Bottle: First sniff - pure honey. Second sniff - Okay, maybe there's some tea and stuff in this honey.

Wet: The tea is the first note out the door, and it takes several seconds for the florals to start catching up. It's all cool spring, green but with a soft and sweet undertone.

Drydown: The florals and honey emerge, making the scent warmer, but still very gentle and spring-like. Then the tea seems to come back - perhaps that's the ambergris helping it - but it remains a wonderful comforting floral scent.

Verdict: A bottle came home with me. A great gentle and grounded floral that's a bit different.

This is a fruity floral, but the tea softens the bite of the plum and makes this more of a misty scent. The tea is very light and adds depth, keeping this away from the commercial perfume category. This isn't very me, I prefer darker scents, generally, but this is lovely and I'll probably use my half imp when I feel like being in disguise

In the imp: Green tea with a hint of sweetness.

Wet on skin: A lot of tea, a little bit of sweetness, aaand.... more than a hint of rubber. What is the note that keeps turning to rubber on me?

Dried down: Green tea and rubber. :( I keep thinking the rubber has disappeared, and then I get it again.

Throw: Not much on me

Verdict: ** ::sigh:: I was hoping for more from this one. Then again, I guess that's good for my wallet.

Mostly plum in the vial and on the skin with a slightly green background. Depending on where I apply it, the dry down progresses differently. On the wrist, it went powdery, probably due to the honey (similar to 'O' in its powdery quality) -- not entirely unpleasant, but not the clear sort of honey I smelled in Verticordia. Can't detect green tea on my wrist. It may have been crushed by my wrists rubbing against my desk? In the crook of my elbow, the green tea is much more apparent and it sort of floats above the rest of the notes. Elbow-scent is pretty, but the inconsistency between fragrance on different application points rules this out for me,

love this stuff; it's like a breath of fresh air. i've been wanting a good green tea scent for a while and this is green tea LOADED with honey, maybe a little bit of a light floral background but just enough to evoke spring and sunshine without me feeling sneezey or headachey. this is a really beautiful scent!

Edited by porcelina

I love these fresh tea blends, but have a few favorites so I don't feel the need for more. At first, this is fresh, green tea with a touch of honey. After a bit, it switches, more honey and less tea. This is very much like Gennivre from the CD, though this is stronger and better in my opinion. Delicate and feminine. This is quite lovely...I may just get a decant or two.

eta: This is a pretty fast fade, it just went poof, all of a sudden after about an hour. Boo. No upgrade necessary now.

Edited by milo

Took a chance on this blend since the Lab's green tea note hasn't agreed with my skin in the past. I figured though if I can wear Bvlgari's Green Tea, the Lab's should be OK...and I'd much rather have my money go to the Lab. :)

I'm glad to say that green tea has officially switched from "nope" to "YES!" Serving Tea After Coitus is a lovely fresh honeyed green tea scent. The green tea note isn't high pitched and screechy like it tends to be in commercial green tea scents (see aforementioned Bvlgari). Honey amps on my skin so it quickly overtakes the other notes, turning this into a honey one-note blend. I'm hoping more aging will keep the green tea in focus longer and bring out the plum and ambergris more.

I'll add this to my stable of hot weather blends where my usual patch and leather blends are much too heavy for the California heat.