Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Haltija

Seated Couple Leaning on Hips

SEATED COUPLE LEANING ON HIPS

Sake, skin musk, and ambrette seed.

I love this! :)

In the bottle it's a super strong blast of sake, it's insanely boozy and way more upfront than other sake blends from the lab. Wet on the skin the sake stays dominant but it's now supported by gorgeous musk that almost goes along the lines of floral. It has a tiny tiny second of smelling a little soapy but it fades the more it dries and when it begins to completely dry it is a lovely softened floral musk with a touch of sweetness. I think this would be great for a hot Summer day and I am very glad to have a bottle of it.

Sake is basically one of my favorite notes, and skin musk is something I always want to love. Ambrette seed and I have an interesting love/hate/evil migraine of doom relationship. As a triumverate, this bottle was a gamble but it seems to have paid off!

I second that it's a little oddly floral, moreso than musky. Wet, the sake note is dominant for me (yay!) with more florals than I expected. I can't seem to find the musk, but I test such small amounts it might not be detectable unless I wear more.

Dry it's still oddly floral. I'll have to wear it more and see how I feel about it... It's more 'white floral' than i see myself reaching for often.

This one is this year's version of Lovers in the Teahouse. If you loved LitT, you should give this one a whirl since it is very similar. I get a ton of sake, but instead of wood I get more a musky scent, with just a touch of ambrette to prevent it from being too musky or too much sake. It smells polished, Asian, and very sexy in a refined way. Good throw, good wearlength. Simple, but sophisticated in a very understated way.

Very torn. I enjoyed Lovers in the Teahouse immensely, and even had a partial, but found that over time I didn't really reach for it that often.

The only thing that keeps coming to mind with this scent, on me, is: fizzy pink lemonade. I'm not really sure why I'm getting that, but ... sadly, not a fan. Normally, I'm good with the musky scents, but this one's not so much a winner on me.

this is very subtle on me and has that sort of watery feel, from the sake. i get a hint of sweetness from this, probably from the ambrette seed. it almost reminds me of a very soft and subtle, clean shampoo scent. it's very clean without being aquatic, though it definitely has a watery feel from the sake. it'd be nice when you want something soft yet refreshing in summer. it's very tranquil.

this starts out all sake. i understand the lemonade comparisons because there is a sharp tartness here that is reminiscent of citrus. there is actually almost nothing else at first and after the blast of sake there is almost nothing going on after a few minutes. however, after a while the musk really starts to bloom. i have always thought the other skin musk blends from the lab smelled somehow damp and indeed this is a sort of wet, delicate, slightly sweet musk. i don't really detect the ambrette seed, but a little research tells me that ambrette seed used to be used as an alternative to musk, so it's possible that it is blending in with what i would interpret as the skin musk. i would guess that it is sweetening things up just a little bit here. the sake thankfully sticks around and has almost the effect of a dry wood (even thoug i know that sounds crazy), really keeping things from getting too sweet and musky. so in the end i guess this smells sort of wet and dry at the same time, which is exactly what i would want from a boozy blend (this is my first). i'm not sure how much i will be wearing this before the weather warms up, but this feels like a great, refreshing, clean-but-interesting blend for warm weather.

This starts out as a mix of sake and a sweet-pea like floral. A slight bit of ambrette seed, but very subdued - I have to almost press my nose to the oil to smell it.

After about 4 hours it's dried down to a purer sake scent. Sake is now definitely the main note, with "sweet pea" and something woody and musky in the background.

i am not sure which note in here is going floral for me at first. it fades as the perfume dries and i get a lot of gorgeous skin musk with a touch of sake. it's sexy and musky but not overtly so, and it's also sweet and clean (without being remotely aquatic). really nice.

Not a skin musk fan, so I didn't think this was going to work on me, and it's not. Musk, cologne, a bit of a slight citrus vibe is making my skin smell like someone who's tried on all the cheap perfume in the drug store. Not for me.

This smells like post-coitus, namely the skin musk is very suggestive. It's just too darn realistic and 3-dimmensional to my nose. Very arousing!

A very lovely, understated, and sexy scent. I totally agree that this resembles Lovers in the Tea House--it has a powdery peach smell with a touch of honey and smells so similar to LITH that I thought for a moment I'd reached for it instead. However, SCLOH is a bit fresher, and lacks the "bite" of LITH (from the teas) and has just a wonderful, slightly soapy, fresh, sensual dry down.

One of my top favorites.

5 out of 5.

Testing Seated Couple and Lovers in the Tea House at the same time because of comparisons in the above reviews. Also, they seem to be the only Shungas with the sake note, which is a shame! It's a great note. Skin musk and ambrette seed almost always work well on me, and Seated Couple is no exception. It's less bright and citrusy than Lovers, a note or two lower pitched (although both are on the light and bright as opposed to dark and deep end of things). Seated Couple is a daytime scent that manages to be both fresh and sexy. No throw, so you can wear it anywhere. Longer wear length than Lovers in the Tea House, but still something I need to reapply. I like!