Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Marshmallow root, coconut, macadamia milk, cream accord, and a drop of golden amber.

Not sure what made me order this one since I don't like coconut that much nor amber. Perhaps I was intrigued by the marshmallow...? Anyway, this ended up working really well on me. Rich, warm, creamy, coconut vanilla (no butter fortunately) followed by spice that I'm reading as cardamom. That's probably what's reminding some people of chai. Delicious & long lasting! :wub2:

i love coconut and cream so much that i was overwhelmed by this Luper Shunga announcement!

for me this is everything! It makes me feel like I am in Maui when I wear it, and it layers incredibly with a couple other Luper Shungas and a Bon Bon.

thankfully i have no hints of butter or plastic. i plan on reserving this one for summer nights! *cherish*

Wet: This is pretty foodie when wet. Oddly enough I feel like I'm getting a not-sweet rice pudding type note with a hint of spice and may be some milt creaminess. I think the amber is giving it that almost spicy quality to it, but honestly the spiciness smells like really nice subtle cardamom to me. This smells kind of like a middle eastern (Pakistani or Indian) dessert right now! Yum!

Process of Drying: This smells kind of like Kheer which is a Pakistani rice pudding type of dessert. It is sweet, but not quite as sweet as it was when I initially applied it. The notes are melted better together and it has a very warm toasted quality to everything. It also has a hint of nuttiness with the macadamia milk and the amber, but it isn't bad. Normally I can't stand nutty scents, but this one is nice because of how dessert like it is. I will warn you, however, that the coconut note in this is now a little dry and is trying to take over everything. Stop it coconut, just stop it. Behave!

Dry: I hate you coconut. You've taken over everything. Just stop it! :nono: Yes, I like smelling like coconut, but I wanted to smell more like that gorgeous rice pudding spicy nutty toasted coconut dessert that you were at first. Sigh.

Overall: My skin chemistry is really finicky with coconut. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it just takes over. In this scent it really just took over and I'm left with a nondescript dry sugary coconut scent. You had so much potential Ivory Vulva, but clearly we were just not meant to be.

Wet: mmmm... creamy, sweet, nutty and warm. Makes me hungry.

Dry on skin: Went kinda powdery (maybe the Amber?) still nutty but with a little popcorn mixed in.

Overall yummy but I'm going to try it a couple more times before I decide on it.

Right after I apply it I can smell something salty, kind of like a buttery vanilla pound cake note, and it's not heavy or overbearing at all to me. It actually makes my mouth water a little, the way that Thierry Mugler's 'Womanity' and Calvin Klein's ' Reveal' perfumes do (I own and love both of these).

After just 30 minutes this becomes a glorious, creamy amber with a touch of coconut-vanilla. There's a candy out there by Ferrero-Roche' that is an almond surrounded in a creamy white chocolate, encased in a thin crispy baked shell and rolled in white chocolate & coconut. Ivory Vulva somewhat embodies that treat, but without actually being foody (sounds contradictory, right?). The macadamia milk must be what's making me think of the almond in that treat but I can't say it smells nutty to me---more of a slightly toasted warmth.

Think of "O" without the honey and that 'just-had-sex' note, add some creamy, sun-baked coconut and a dollop of whipped vanilla cream and this is Ivory Vulva. It'll be a great summer scent.

Finally! A Vulva that works on me!! Past Vulvas have always gone slightly plastic or sour on my skin due to that reoccurring cream note, and I so wanted to love them. For whatever reason the cream accord in this is behaving, more than behaving: it's actually smelling pretty damn great. Maybe it's the mixture of the other notes, but no twinge of plastic or sourness here.

It's smoothly understated, sexy, and vanillic but not super sweet. Just the perfect amount of sweetness. It's golden and sun warmed and supple. The coconut is perfect in here, natural and milky rather than that artificial sugar sweet kind. It makes this a jumble of vanilla-coconut-amber amazingness. I get a bit of a nutty note here that must be the macadamia, and it adds to that warm, beach vibe I get from this. Maybe because anything coconut reminds me of suntan lotion and hot Southern California beaches. But that's my favorite part about this... the borderline Summer sensation I have whenever I wear it.

I get more amber as it dries down and it feels more resinous than musky. No powderiness. It's a very silky, sensual scent. A touch earthy too but not in a way I can properly pin down.

Beautiful!

Instead of buttered popcorn I get another weird association with this blend. It immediately reminds me of the weenie pumpkin patch. Seriously, it smells very much like a pumpkin pie with a mix of sweetened spices. It’s yummy, but not what I was expecting. The coconut does make an appearance as time wears on, but it’s still less cream/coconut to me and more spiced pumpkin with coconut frosting. At first I thought it was my skin chemistry playing up, but it smells similarly in the bottle and on a cotton pad. I prefer the type of cream the Lab used in Glowing Vulva: more milky sweet than sugary/cakey. I’m wondering if it’s the combo of cream + macadamia that pushes it into pie category.

Nice for gourmand lovers, but not what I wanted. Based on the notes it should’ve been perfection, and yet here they just don’t read properly. I would have been bummed this wasn’t the dreamy amber-coconut I wanted if there weren’t so many other winners for me in the Lupers this year. That includes Lovers and a Fan, which has an awesome, realistic honeyed coconut.

Lovely blend. Very much like coconut cream marshmallows, with the macadamia milk giving it a bit of nuttiness and keeping it from being too sugary.

Not too much throw, although it lasted a long time. I applied it at night, and the next morning I could still smell it on my wrists, even after my shower.

Toasted coconut buttered popcorn? Ha, reading back through this topic, I am apparently not the only one who got that impression! I definitely am amping the salty/buttery aspect of this one, unfortunately, and I think that's giving the buttered-popcorn impression.

The buttery-ness calms down a little as it dries, but this is very much about the toasted coconut for me and I was hoping for a better overall balance to the notes. I love love marshmallow scents, but cream can go a little weird on my skin and it seems to be doing that here, but it's hard to tell the way that coconut is stomping all over the other notes yelling LOOK AT ME I AM COCONUT.

In sum, I guess, if you like coconut and creamy scents this should be a winner for you, but it isn't one for me.

In bottle: The coconut and macadamia milk work really well together, with strong cream support and softer marshmallow support. The amber elevates what is otherwise a creamy coconut blend. This is delightful. I wish I could eat it. Wet: The macadamia is stronger on my skin, becoming dominant. The amber becomes a more assertive counter weight to the nutty creamy foody elements. I still like it, but not quite as much. Dry: Coconut and Cream.

When I tried this straight from the mailbox, it was coconut and warm amber with powdery-bitter orris edge. Now that this has had time to settle, it's just a glorious warm coconut blend. To me, this isn't nutty or buttery (thank god), powdery, or even especially foodie. It's just a nice warm coconut blend. Very bottle-worthy and I can see wearing this on any occasion.

This smells like a cup of creamy, sweet, coconut chai with marshmellow fluff on top! It's so delicious! Dried down, it has almost an incense quality to it. Hoardworthy!

I get the butter, right when I first apply, but it's gone within 30 seconds or so.

Then I'm getting something slightly spicy, but not anything I'm reading as coconut or amber (???). It's a slightly spicy cream scent. Chris says he gets candy. The longer it's on, though, the less spice and more coconut/amber I get. It does remind me of chai, kind of!

First sniff out of the bottle and I loudly exclaim "ughffffnnnnhhhhhh!". This is good! FIrst applied on skin, it's reminiscent of Midway and also Mouse Circus, that sweet candy caramel popcorn thing going on. I immediately think of the sweet candied popcorn (from childhood) that has that sweet pink coating. Not the brown caramel kind, but distinctly the pink kind. I can definitely see the popcorn comparisons most have been talking about, but to me it's not bad. Definitely not as bad as Carnival's 'Shill'. A few minutes in, it's deepening and settling. I get this weird burnt or salty weird type note. Ew. Hopefully it passes.... A few minutes later and it's still smoothing out. It's kinda like the Betty Crocker white icing from the tub now, with a hint of coconut. Nice. I think the amber is giving it that burnt caramel note. Or is it the plastic note that periodically appears in vanilla-y white scents from BPAL??? Oh noes, I hope not. That ruined Midway, Egg Nog and Destestable Putrescence for me - scents that should have been perfect for a foody vanilla lover like me. It's disappearing as time goes on but now about 10 minutes later the scent is quite faint and a soft generic coconut vanilla. It's not *bad* it's just not the orgasmic type love I thought I'd have for it. But I just got it and will let it settle a few days/weeks as I think that will make a difference. So far it's pretty but quite faint. Will try the scent locket too and see if that yields better results.

Yummy, creamy coconut. This does indeed remind me of those Ferrero Rocher white chocolate chocolates mentioned a few posts back. After a bit, this blend becomes dusty on me. Still very sweet and coconutty, but dusty. It was much to foody on me anyways.

Wow.. this one is super sweet and foodie! At first I did not really like it but now I love it as a scent for when I go to sleep. When the first super sweetness is wearing off, it turns in to a soft, cuddly scent.

Samoa Girl Scout cookies! Coconut and caramel, so good! It's like a booze-free Red Lantern. Then there's the creamy, understated nuttiness of the macadamia note. This may be my new #1 BPAL. Love it.

So when the Lupers came out, I thought... nope, nothing here for me. But Ivory Vulva did catch my eye because whenever I see 'golden amber', I get a little warm in the trousers area. So I ended up buying a bottle from another BPALer, and when it arrived I excitedly dabbed some on and waited for the golden amber goodness to waft over me.

Imagine my disappointment when I realise I'm surrounded by a cloud of aroma d'peanut butter! Yes, you heard me - peanut butter. Damn you macadamia - why did you have to be here? I should have known that any 'nut' note would override everything else in the mix, but I was blinded by the prospect of golden amber (and possibly distracted by the warmth in the trousers area). When I manage to poke my nose through the macadamia madness, I find a lovely sweet and creamy marshmallow, a soft and earthy coconut, but no amber. This reminds me so much of Wezwanie/Hold... it would have been so beautiful if it weren't for the stupid nut note.

So for me, it's not Ivory Vulva... it's Nutty Vulva and that's never a good thing.

On me this smells exactly like the slightly tart, creamy, flaky coconut batter they use on coconut shrimp. It couldn't be more true to that scent profile. I like it.

Edited by petrichorandleather

Ermahgerd.

Let me just say - I literally huffed the bottle for a good minute before I even put any on my skin, that's how good it smelled from the second I opened it. At that point I was just PRAYING my skin chemistry wouldn't mess things up.

Initially I get lots of coconut (finally!!) with either sweet cream accord or macadamia milk, not real familiar with either. There's something almost caramelly as well. Oh, it's so good. So good! It smells like a coconut cookie on me. It's sweet and foodie and amazing. I want to bathe in it.

Dry, this is just as good as wet. Thank you skin chemistry, for letting me have this one! It reminds me of the coconut note in spooky, without the booze or mint or chocolate. I love love love it. If I was the type of person who ever bought backups of anything, I would be getting one of this. I still might. It's THAT GOOD.

Wait. No. I mean....it's terrible! You don't want any! Look away! MINE!!

Lol. I kid. Seriously though, stay away from my Ivory Vulva. :rofl:

The first few times I tried Ivory Vulva, I was put off by the macadamia. Nutty notes can make me a little queasy, so I put my decant away, hoping the macademia would become less noticeable over time. Much to my relief, it did blend into the other notes, and quite beautifully at that!

After 8 months of aging, what I am getting now is very similar to Boo with a tiny dollop of coconut added to it. After about an hour on my skin, Ivory Vulva settles into a very realstic rice pudding scent - silky, milky, and flavoured with the barest hint of spice. Really lovely. I don't know if I need much more than my decant, as I have a full bottle of Boo, but Ivory Vulva does make for a subtler, more natural-smelling alternative that would be appropriate for the office, or pretty much any occasion for that matter.

In the bottle: Coconut cake! With cream and some nice sweetness. It's kind of light, but knowing my head it might be a one-way ticket to migraine city if I apply this on a hot day (note: it was a hot day when I tested this, 90F).

On: Very much cake but not overly buttery, which is often my main issue with all scents containing "cake". I also get a lemon twist that freshens it up a little. A white sponge cake with lemon juice.

The cake-aspect wears off rather quickly and what's left on my skin is creamy and light.

Ivory Vulva faded incredibly fast on me. The cake laster for a couple of minutes and then there was the creamy and sweet scent with a lemon twist that lasted for about 2 hours. I will try this again to see if it will last longer.

I adored this scent when I first huffed and tested it, so I put it on my retest list so I could try it again, and it just sat there! I would see it, then try something else instead, so I figured it was time to move on. It is a beautiful creamy scent with a lovely amber warmth, but I have better creamy BPAL scents that call to me more.

How funny, just received my imp from Freyasfae. She was super nice, and noticed it on my wishlist, and threw it in with my order.

In the imp: Straight up Creamy Coconut from BB&W, but ever-so-slightly more adult. I could huff this for way too long.

Wet: I can smell the coconut, cream, and the macadamia. I think the macadamia is making this feel more complex, so it takes the edge off smelling like a kid wearing a cheap body spray. So good!

Drydown: I think the amber is sneaking out a bit, the vanilla is turning slightly plasticy, and the coconut is just chilling in the background. It definitely smells better wet, but I'll try a scent locket. Also, I can see this having a lot of good options for mixing with other stuff.

This is a husky, non-foody coconut on me at first. Then the richness of the macadamia and cream come out, but the gentle, golden amber keeps the fragrance from turning full gourmand. It's beautiful in this phase, though Very much a skin scent on me. 

As it continues to dry down, the marshmallow note takes over, and this becomes less appealing to me. It's still a lovely, creamy blend though.  Just too foody for my tastes.  It reminds me of the white chocolate blends.