Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

MARS RIGONEMETIS

Mars of the Sacred Grove

Dark musk entwined with ivy, black pine, birch tar, cypress, black cedar, and black pepper.

This one's a morpher.

Wet: Starts out smelling like Rubber and Camphor. But, It quickly starts mellowing out during the dry down.

Dry: I'm getting the musk, pine, tar, cedar and a touch of pepper. Smells like dark woods in the distance with a kick of spice. What really surprises me is the role Ivy plays. Not because its the dominant note but because it elevates this blend from dark and brooding to dark and contemplative. My mind is associating this scent with a dark green color.
A lovely scent that is unisex and stays close to the skin.

Goes on sharp and green ivy and pine. Some sweetness comes in really quickly, I think from the dark musk. The musk and green notes immediately blend seamlessly together and smell like walking in the most fragrant, sweet, pure forest ever.

I think it's either the black pine or birch tar that's reminding me of the pine sap note in Pickled Imp, also the pine pitch in Illustrated Woman. The ivy is sweet, reminding me of the english ivy note in The Black Tower. The dark musk is a great partner for these foresty green notes and the blend is beautifully cohesive.

If you're a fan of dark musk and you like the pine sap and pine pitch notes in the blends I mentioned, I think you'll really like this. I'm not getting the pepper or a distinct impression of cedar. This might sound crazy, but later in the dry down it almost reminds me of Shalimar. Late in the dry down this is all black musk, all the time. Puts me in the mind of Haunted because it also has a dark musk and cologne vibe to it. This is gorgeous. Very glad to have a bottle!

Edited by strahlend

I love any blend that has forest-y notes so I knew I had to pick this up and it doesn't disappoint me.

Wet- It is very strong cypress, ivy and pine. Cypress can turn really rancid on me but here it doesn't. The combo of ivy and pine is really lovely and not too harsh and the pine doesn't go into the "cleaner" territory or invade the sinuses.

Drying down- The ivy is still really dominant but now the birch tar is coming to the center and it's kind of leaning on the lines of a more musky or slightly cologne-y birch and that probably makes 0 sense but that's just what my nose sees it as. It's turning into more of a "wood" fragrance instead of being straight green like in the wet stages.

Fully dry- It has toned down the "green" a lot and it's still got the wood aspect to it all. The ivy has actually dissipated a lot and now all I get is birch, pine and deep dark musk.

I really like this one and I realized I leaned in a lot to sniff my wrist every few moments.

Black pepper, cedar and cypress (meaning it toggles between smelling like wood and smelling like a pencil shaving), and dribbles of pine. This smells dark, and yet oddly wearable. It also makes me think of a BPAL version of Drakkar Noir. Meaning, I think this would be a scent that appeals to teenage boys. It's got all that testosterone around it on the edges. Definitely masculine on me.

If you've ever wanted to enable your male teen to BPAL, tell him to give this a whirl. It's probably 1000x better than the mass produced crap they seem to be willing to dump themselves in by the gallon. Average throw, average wear length.

Dark, musky, angsty.

Mars Rigonemetis has that good intense warm-skin dark musk thing (that's also found in Oblivion.) :)

It's all musk & woods as soon as it hits skin. There's little hints of very green, sappy ivy that show through here and there, but they're not that big. Which is surprising because in the bottle it was *all* ivy. *shrugs*

The ivy starts to come back a bit as it dries down, though. It's never in the forefront, but it gets more noticeable. There's also a hint of something like a beeswax candle here? (Which is not in the notes... but it works very well here!)

Edited by Cactus

Mars Rigonemetis is my favorite of all the Mars blends so far. The musk here reminds me of the black musk in Haunted—dark and a little sweet. There's a strong pine note when wet that I really love, and with the birch and the ivy...woodsy, green, musky goodness. The black cedar is present, but it's not overpowering in any way, and the black pepper adds just a little kick at the end. It dries down to a woods and ivy musk scent that stays close to the skin. LOVE.

Black musk and pine. The pine is kind of medicinal, but that effect fades quickly. This turns into a lovely black musk/pine blend, quite a bit like Haunted, only wit a touch of pine. Nice, but its too masculine for me to wear. Id like to smell it on a guy....

Edited by milo

This began a dark, sweet, complex scent - the musk was lovely.

On dry-down, it's sawdust, and faint tinge of musk.. I got no pine tar, birch tar, or black pepper.

This is quite a sweet musk, though definitely still dark. This is like a sexy forest, but something about it is just on the edge of wearability for me. Will have to test this one a few more times.