Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

VENUS VERTICORDIA

Venus the Changer of Hearts

Fickle dandelion florets dancing through honey-drenched wildflowers.

I love the Lab's Wild Dandelion single note like whoa. It's one of my 'happy' scents. I associate the scent with hope and innocent days gone by. I also adore sugary floral scents. Needless to say, I was really looking forward to this one. It did not disappoint.

In the bottle: It smells exactly like the description. The green dandelion note is the strongest, followed by the honeyed wildflowers.

Wet: On my skin, the honey note is stronger than it was in the bottle, but the florals still reign (with the dandelion note being the most prominent). I can't identify which flowers comprise the wildflower note, but I will say that this really does make me think of being in a meadow in the spring, and smelling it brought tears to my eyes.

Dry: Sweet dandelions and wildflowers.

Verdict: I am so happy that I have a bottle of this. I will need a second bottle of this one before it goes away.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I ended up enjoying the Lab's Wild Dandelion SN from the recent run. I'm always open to florals that aren't rose or violet. I do pretty well with sugary florals, but honey is a bit hit-or-miss.

In the Bottle: Joyous greeny dandelions with a dash of honey. I hope they're not so green that they do the rose-to--cooked-collards on me. But it's a noseful of spring-into-summer fields and very uplifting. I'm almost tempted to pull out my Dandelion SN for a comparison sniff.

Wet: Green and grassy, but no initial signs of the dreaded collards stench.

Drydown: Ooh, pretty! I think the other flowers are coming out to play, and they intensify the dandelion as they do, The honey is staying in the background, holding everything together nicely without shouting its presence.

Verdict: I do believe we have a winner! I may need a second bottle of this before it goes away. If you love sunny spring or summery florals, check this out.

Part of me totally loves this. It smells like dandelions, bluebells and honey. This is honey, grassy, and just a tad of sunshine filtering through.

It ends up on the drydown being too sweet on me, but part of me really wants to get a bottle because I swear I smell bluebells. And its just amazing.

Very springlike. Green wildflowers, honey and sunshine.

There really is not a lot to be said about this one - it is exactly as the description says: Honey soaked wildflowers and dandelions. The honey adds a warm creamy quality to the scent and is not overpowering. Smells like a warm spring sunny day. I really like this.

Average wear length. Throw stays close to you and is not intrusive.

In the bottle: dandelion!

Wet: stronger dandelion with some greenness, a wisp of other flowers, and a hint of honey.

Dry: the honey blooms beautifully on my skin with dandelion and wildflowers still in support. Ends up being a nice balance of wild florals and warm honey.

Overall: This is a very springy scent. Has some throw but overall on the lighter side. My favorite of this year's Lupers.

Sweet creamy honey in an open field in the sunshine. This is so springy and warm; Green grass and sweetness, beautifully evocative. It's just honeyed sunshine on a warm spring day. From the beginning to dry down, to hours later, this is amazing.

In the decant: wow, it does smell like a field of wildflowers and dandelions!

wet: green green green dandelion - wildflowers are gone, and no honey for me

dry: oh, there's the honey and wildflowers. Very nice. A little on the powdery side, am missing the dandelion sharpness now, would have balanced well, but my skin has other ideas I guess. I don't think this is something I'd wear that much. swap it.

In the imp: grassy dandelions and freesia ♥♥

Wet: yes, yes, yes! This is what I wanted from Venus Murcia's description. The grass is gorgeous, the honey stays blossomy and thin, like early season honey from a brand new rather than the thick, cloying golden honey I usually end up with (which is not to say I don't also love that, but it's so refreshing to have this pale, sweet honey note), and the wildflowers are all things I'd stumble across in late spring and early summer - crocuses, bluebells, freesias, and clover. Okay, maybe they're not things you'd find in spring/summer, but temperate Australian climates make for weird flora behaviour.

Dry: this undergoes very little change, though is sadly less long-lived than some of its sister scents. I can still smell if after 5-6 hours but only if I'm really sniffing for it. Final verdict on hold, pending a second wear, but this is definitely up in the 4-5 star range.

In the bottle it's predominantly dandelion and grassy notes. On the skin I get dandelions and something more sharp and floral, which is not entirely agreeable to my nose, but the drydown is grassy dandelions over a gaint warmth of honey, which mostly makes up for the sharp note in the middle register.

I've held off on reviewing this because I don't think I have adequate words to describe how much I love this.

I've always loved dandelions and I adore the scent of spring. This marries the two so perfectly that there is really nothing left to be said. It's dandelion up front with sweet honeyed wildflowers bringing up the rear. It's so so beautiful, I think I have found my Holy Grail scent.

Wet: Sweet sweet florals. These are gorgeous sparkling sweet florals that aren't heady but are fresh and joyful and so effervescent! I'm not getting any honey which is good because honey tends to go really weird on me.

Dry: This scent dries extremely quickly! This scent isn't quite so in your face now. The sweetness has mellowed out a bit, but it is still predominantly sweet wildflowers and meadows. It is a really gorgeous floral scent. It is robust without being heady and floral without being refined. It has this almost untamed quality to it that is so appealing and pretty. I can feel the honey adding a tint of golden sweetness to everything at this point, but it isn't going weird on me which is really good! It just adds another layer of prettiness to everything if you know what I mean.

Overall: I liked this scent. I think the wet stages and the initial dry down are when this scent is at its best. As time goes on, this scent gets closer and closer to being heady and loses some of its youthful tone. After a while it is just too much for me. I wish it had a bit more softness and subtly to it, but it is still lovely. I don't think I could wear this for prolonged periods of time because the florals are pretty sweet and I don't think I could take it, but if you are looking for a wildflower scent, this is really the one to try! It has a really lovely fresh sweet quality that is pretty unique compared to other florals I've tried. The florals ended up turning a little powdery and heady on me after a while, but that is probably just my skin chemistry. Regardless, I'm happy with my decant and will not be needing a bottle.

So Sad :cry2: This smells amazing in the imp and just applied, like a meadow of dandelions, sour grass, and black medick. I love this scent, but unfortunately, my skin kills it and turns it into a musky playdoh. I am so bummed because I would probably hoard this otherwise. Oh, well at least my moneys are safe.

Venus Verticordia really does smell like springtime, which is pretty much the best scent to have in a bottle in late March. It's dandelion in the foreground, surrounded by a meadow's worth of spring wildflowers, and the sweet smell of honey stitching everything together. Sunny florals aren't even usually my BPAL sweet spot (and maybe it's just the long winter talking), but I'm really enjoying this.

In the imp, the dandelions reared up and waved themselves in front of my nose. I tested it in the crook of my elbow, and got...mainly dandelion, with some florals in the background. Very spring-y and pretty, but I'm glad I just have the decant, since this isn't really something I'd wear much. But if you like fresh, spring, floral scents, you'll love this one.

Similar sort of unrealistic, green soapiness as in Murcia in the vial, but it's reduced and markedly more floral. On the skin, it's less artificial and there's a stickiness that gives off the impression of dandelion sap. I get generic wildflowers and a golden, warm sort of sweetness. Gets progressively sweeter as it sits longer on the skin and if that's the honey, then it's a thin, clear, and bright honey. It reminds me of something I might find at Crabtree and Evelyn. It's fresh and pretty, but not something I need.

i LOVE dandelion but i am getting more wildflower than dandelion from this. i can usually wear wildflowers, as well, but here they are just crazy strong and very heady. the honey is beautiful and sweet and when i can smell the dandelion, i love it (it's one of my favorite bpal single notes) but the wildflowers overpower EVERYTHING and it becomes a sickly-sweet floral on my skin. i am really disappointed by this one. :cry2:

I recognize the dandelion note from the SN's awhile back, which I really like. It disappears almost immediately on my skin, and the wildflowers replace with vengeance along with the honey. This is quite nice, I love me some honey. I like it, but I don't think that it's enough to upgrade. I will certainly enjoy it for a few hours and take it from there, but I doubt it.

This is really pretty and fresh!

I definitely get dandelion and some other kind of flower. Luckily not TOO much honey, as that sometimes goes wonky on me. This is just slightly sweet and goes perfectly with the dandelion.

I am very glad to have a decant of this to wear from time to time :smile:

More complex than other florals I've tried - there is a tone of sophistication to it, a bit lux even.

I agree regarding the previous comments of it being sweet and wildflowerish.

A young scent, but with a playful background. Will see how it lasts on me, but I really do like it, and thats a change from other BPAL florals!

So excited to try this!

Wet: Omg that's good. Sugary florals, green notes. Amazing. Can't stop huffing my wrist. love love love. This is wild flower heaven.

Dry: Still heaven. Sun-warmed wild flowers and dandelions. Sweet and fresh and green. This is such a "warm" floral on me, if that makes sense. I love it. So happy to have procured a bottle!

In the bottle, dandelions and other wildflowers in the grass.

On my skin, dandelions and other wildflowers (some of them pink?), greeny-green grass, and a light honey. Spring in a bottle.

Lasts under two hours, but in that time, it’s all that I’d hoped for. I’d get it again.

ETA: This reminds me of Strawberry Moon v5 (minus the strawberries -- just the sunny meadow part of it), and the two blends smell divine next to each other on my arm.

Edited by Casablanca

At first when wet, it's lovely grassy dandelions, but the honey quickly steps in. Hoping it won't go plastic on me as it dries! Ah, yes, no plastic, still very honey, but a delicate and light honey. Just all around pretty is how I would describe this.

Whoa, this one is floral! What was I thinking? But the honey begins to enter the scene on drydown, nice light clean honey, not sexpot honey, and it is a honey floral in a gorgeous late spring meadow. Honeysuckle may be one of the wildflowers. I'm not familiar with dandelion as a BPAL note, but I don't get the smell I associate with pulling the damned things. Very nice spring daytime scent, appropriate for public consumption.

Grass (not sweet grass) in the bottle. Goes on as cut grass and dandelion leaves. Definitely a more direct "take a blade of grass and cut it" and not the "sweet grass succulent" of Wild Dandelion and Sagittarius 2006. No flowers, no honey. Pleasant enough.

I have not reviewed this one yet? Well let us begin with I really enjoyed the Dandelion SN and I also tend to enjoy florals. I am a floreintal girl generally speaking so the sweet honeyed wildflowers is not exactly my cuppa although I do, rarely, want something super sweet and innocent smelling.

This one smells slightly musky both in the bottle and on me. That may be the honey note which sometimes has that vibe. In the bottle there is more greenery--not exactly cut grass but maybe fresh cut flowers. When I first put it on it sadly turns slightly plastic-y and that is what can happen with honey notes. Thankfully that goes away pretty quickly and I am left with a warm floral honey. The honey note is rich on me--slightly dirty and musky ala O... actually more smut than O. I realize that is a far cry from the description of smut but there you have it.