Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

DESIRE BONBON

Belgian chocolate with neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla.

Oh man, I get orange chocolate (hi neroli!) with musky black patch, and hints of rose and vanilla. I got a whiff of apple on wet, but that was short lived.

This one again puts me in mind o f the Lurid Bonbon. Somehow, all of the elements are oddly discordant to me. It sort of smells like the crime scene for a Valentine's day murder. Strewn chocolates, charred Vday cards, and a woman's perfume all over a bedroom.

In imp: apple and rose, with a touch of patch.

Wet on skin: lots of bright apple, with a bit of citrus. There's also something kind of sour and musty here, which may be the rose -- I've found it sometimes turn bad on me.

Dry on skin: As with most of the other bonbons I've tried this year, this doesn't seem to morph much at all, but does settle down and become a slightly lighter, more subtle version of the same notes.

In the imp, rose and a slight apple. On my skin, rose and a slight apple. After a minute or two the chocolate comes into play and....I mainly smell rose, some apple, and a deep chocolate. It doesn't mix well together in my opinion. It just smells...confused? Lol.

In the bottle: Dark, orange-tinted chocolate liqueur.

Wet on my skin: Dark orange chocolate, apple, and a hint of rose and vanilla.

Dry: I'll admit that I was nervous about having ordered this after reading the above reviews, but I tried it anyway. Glad I did! My bottle came today, and I should have known I'd like it since I seem to have an affinity for some of the more unusual blends, especially ones with incense/wood/musk notes. This dries into a top layer of soft, creamy-yet-musky chocolate with orange, a hint of juicy apple and velvety rose beneath that, and a little bit of incense making the whole thing a little bit shimmery. The predominant colour in this is a velvety auburn, midway between brown and red, with flecks of shining gold. Surprisingly pretty on me.

Wet: There is orange and chocolate at first, but quickly the patchouli and I think the apple coming through changes this from a true foody scent. The apple gets strong for a moment and is very green, but pulls back to let the chocolate come back through.

Drying: Chocolate covered apples! I get musky apples with a backdrop of chocolate. It still doesn't feel foody, even though the main notes I'm picking up clearly are food notes.

Dry: The vanilla is now noticable, but is grounded in the musky non-foody chocolate. I get something a little wooden which I think is the teak? I never picked up neroli or bergamot, nor the rose. And I am stunned by how mild the usually aggressive black patch is on me.

I'm on the fence on this one. It's a strong devation from what I normally wear, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. It certainly didn't do any of the things I feared from the notes, but I certainly won't be needing more than my half decant.

This starts out complex but over-poweringly sweet and strong to me.

It dried down and settled a little, but still way too much for my nose and head.

Fresh tea, floral ( rose) and chocolate. Somewhat sweeter than other bonbons. Not bad, reminds me of turkish delight, like a big turk bar chocolate bar. Its not something I'd wear though. I may revisit desire...

Wet, this is pure, delicious Belgian chocolate. On the drydown, it's so beautiful, I get notes of Apple, musk, and a bit of patch. This is a grown up, evening chocolate scent. Dry it's still quite similiar, the Apple note is one of the strongest notes I smell, and it's still lovely.