Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Mare Nectaris

Mare Nectaris

The Sea of Nectar: sweet peach liquor with papaya-infused musk, golden musk, and green ti leaf.

This is the first Lunacy I've gotten in AGES! but the notes sounded pretty great, so let's see if the gamble paid off!

In the Bottle: Peach schnapps, papaya and musk- oh my!

Wet On Skin: Man, that green ti leaf is AMPING on me! Behind that, the fruity aspects are playing around, but definitely overshadowed a bit.

Dry Down: This is...odd. If I'm being totally honest, the first thing this reminds me of is a perfume I wore freshman year of high school. It was a "Designer Impostors" fragrance, of all things, and it had a sweet, musky thing going on just like this scent does. But the ti leaf has calmed down and adding some hi notes to this. Hmmm.

In All: Medium throw, definitely musky above all else. The ti and the fruits just sort of weave in and out, never staying stable. I can't get a handle on whether it's right for me or not. But I'm willing to let it settle and re-test in a week or two. If nothing changes, off to swaps it goes!

In the Bottle: A very heavy, musky peach. It is a very warm scent and immediately brought to mind a ripe peach that has fallen from the tree and continues to ripen to mush under a hot summer sun.

On the skin: I can detect the papaya now, but the syrupy peach still steals the show.

Drydown: It was still a little too cloying, even an hour later. The musks are definitely not working for me.

Overall: I was imagining a more refreshing peach (possibly because of the "liquor" part of the description), so I'm a little bummed at how warm and heavy this scent is on me. I might give it a little more time and try it when the weather is cold again (it's been nearly 90 degrees in Feb. here), which might change my mind.

This a right day/ Wrong day kind of scent. On the right day: Warm peach liquor with floating with papaya in a glass surrounded by the golden rays of the sun with golden musk. Wrong day...nauseating peach liquor. So I will keep it and see what happens. :D

The sweet sweet peach and a bit of papaya make Mare Nectaris remind me of fruity scents from my teen years, but the musk is absolutely amazing here and keeps it from going too youthful for my taste. It's gorgeous, golden just like the description, and I'd swear it was a white sandalwood if I hadn't read the note list. I think I want to wear this when summer comes.

In the bottle all I got was some sort of bright fruit.

Drying down it's hella juicy papaya. Not super boozy, just bright and in your face. I can't find the ti leaf or the musk yet.

Dry it's actually balanced out a lot. I can't really pick apart the notes but the papaya is muskier and not quite as insane, I'm assuming tempered by the ti. This will be really nice for my upcoming vacation in mexico.

Right off you pick up peach schnapps and papaya musk. The green ti doesnt even come to mind as the other notes dominate this one. Its a heavy fruit musk blend that doesnt come off too boozy. Will be perfect for the summer.

I get a hit of Papaya right off the bat. Yum.

Riding close behind Peach Schnapps. Double Yum.

Then Musk spreads its way across this blend during the dry down.

It's all really balanced. Sweet but not too sweet and the liquor aspect doesn't make you smell like you drank your lunch. A warm, full-bodied fruity scent. I don't get any Ti Leaf but maybe it's there to support the rest of the notes and make sure they don't go super sweet?

This is one great scent.

Peach spritzer: that’s Mare Nectaris when first applied. And I love it. It’s exactly what I was hoping for. I used to be addicted to the things, especially the bright and fuzzy peach smell. I’d been looking for something like that for a long time. True, juicy, trickle down your lips peach with bright and tingly bubbles.

Unfortunately. It is only a glorious peach concoction while wet. It loses everything I adore and turns into soapy/generic peach shampoo as it dries. Why Nectaris? You were perfect early on. I think it's the more commercial-smelling musk that messes up the balance. Screw you, papaya musk. :(

Edited by Balame

Mmm heavy sweet musky fruits.

For the opening moments, it is peachy peachy candy peach. As it dries a bit, the peach backs off and I get some papaya. It also gets a bit less sweet, and although I like sweet scents that peach note was bordering on too much for me while it was wet.

I like this, but I have a lot of peach-heavy scents already and this is definitely a PEACH sort of scent.

Peach to the max for sure. Sweet, candied peach with a touch of musk. If you like peach, this one is definitely for you. It reminds me of Tamora, only peachier. A little to fruity sweet for me.

Very sweet, juicy peach with a tropical edge from the papaya. Smells like something that would attract hummingbirds ^_^. I love the opening, especially, but it loses its juiciness after about a half hour and is more like a peach gummi candy with a dry, warm, musky undertone. Still, I like the sweetness of this.

So, in a quest to become more familiar with scents I actually like, versus those that just sound nice, I have bought several BPALs un-sniffed. Mare Nectaris was one of them, and likely the most disappointing of the bunch.

In the bottle: Punch you in the face peach! With a hint of musk and something that smells like stale bread.

Wet: Pretty much the same.

Dry: So, the peach has become more waxy smelling. It reminds me of cheap crayons and canned peaches. So. Disappointing.